Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Drinkwater and James

Yeah fair point.

What I should have said was I don't know why we haven't gone straight back to the partnership that was the engine of such a successful season last year and that should only improve with age.

I know others performed well but this was a partnership that was performing at an exceptional level and we should be using it again as soon as it was aavailable.

Spot on...

And the other partnership that flourished was Vardy/Nugent..

As I said earlier in the week, it took Drinkwater about six months for him to settle in the Championship with us, if the same is going to happen in the Premier League, then quite frankly he doesn't deserve to play. 

At the minute we should go with James & King.

Yeah fair point.

What I should have said was I don't know why we haven't gone straight back to the partnership that was the engine of such a successful season last year and that should only improve with age.

I know others performed well but this was a partnership that was performing at an exceptional level and we should be using it again as soon as it was aavailable.

Completely agree. Love Pearson but I do sometimes think he can be a bit sentimental when picking the team. Eg Phillips starting in the last game of the season, Hammond retaining his place when Drinkwater was back to fitness.

Play your best players!

No doubt for me that an attacking/counter attacking 4-4-2 would give us more of a chance of winning games.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 not to lose games is not the answer. Certainly not when too many of those players do not defend. Our defence is not good enough to withstand the pressure for 90 minutes.

That said, in Nigel we trust

We have much better players than them despite the result a couple of weeks ago. Look at their results compared to ours. The thing is if we'd drawn West Brom at home in the cup last season when we were p1ssing on the championship, would we have thought we can't beat these playing 442 - No, we'd have played our normal game. And that's what we should do now. DD and MJ in midfield and Vards and Nuge up front. We might still lose as they're better but at least we're playing a team that we know can play good football and gel.

We have much better players than them despite the result a couple of weeks ago. Look at their results compared to ours. The thing is if we'd drawn West Brom at home in the cup last season when we were p1ssing on the championship, would we have thought we can't beat these playing 442 - No, we'd have played our normal game. And that's what we should do now. DD and MJ in midfield and Vards and Nuge up front. We might still lose as they're better but at least we're playing a team that we know can play good football and gel.

Exactly. Play to our strengths for once rather than playing to counter theirs

The likes of Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal get criticised for playing predictable 442 systems but it certainly isn't doing them any harm. I was at the Chelsea game and we were fantastic and had we had better strength in depth we could have got something, eg having to bring gtf on for Hammond. We played a 442 with schlupp featuring on left wing who played great. So those who say we would get hammered in playing 442 I think are underestimating our ability.

Been saying this too. 100+ points playing 4-4-2 suggests to me that if we play that way this season we would be more than comfortable. A little bit more of a concern for me is that we are starting to put square pegs into round holes to fit people in e.g. Vardy stuck on the wing. 3 wingers and only 1 ever plays even though we have been playing with 2 wide midfielders.

Sort it out Nige. Playing to not lose like we have done for the past couple of games is not on. We do not have a good enough defence for that. Our attacking play far outshone our defensive last year so play to our strengths. I am not saying we would have won our last 2 games had we done this but we would certainly have given ourselves a far better chance of doing so

This

Archived