Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Positive Fans?

i was just on another forum talking about the luton result and i posted something positive to try and regain some faith and belief within the leicester faithfull, but this guy is taking the biscuit.

For the last 10 years I have been every Leicester game home and away, and its only this year that ive missed one as I cant stand Craig Levein, he couldnt manage a good s**t.

If Craig Levein was a good manager he would not of signed De Fries, he is an absalout joke, about the only player thats 6ft+ tall and never won a header. The guy is an absaloutl joke.

As for the scoring, i think your in cuckoo land mate, De Fries bag 10? Conners 20?

Conners has had a good start but hes got to keep it up and after last season I dont think he will, he scored 12 last season with 8 of them being penaltys, ill always love this club whatever division there in but I cant stand watching this prats team try anbd play football.

what does everyone think to this comment?

He may be giving his opinion but his opinion is crap! De Vries is NOT a joke. He wasn't very good last season but when i've seen him this season he's looked good. Connolly was rubbish against Luton but everyone has an off day. He is the best player we've got and he'll get 25 goals for us this season.

What have happened is Leicester City let the fans down for first time this season, last few games Leicester City played quite well but either was unlucky (Sheff Utd) great (Bury and Stoke) Fighting back well (Crewe) but Luton, that is first time Leicester City ACTUALLY let us down that is why fans is depressed but keep the faith! that is my theory and I know I'm not a genius

I hate it when the fans boo! Its really early in the season for them to start booing. Last season CL took over from MA when were about 14th i think and he took us up into a position that if we picked up a few more points we could get into play-offs. But obviously becuase of the squad we had that wasnt possible. Now, he took over at Xmas so i dont see why people are complaining NOW! If we are in the same position in the New Year then we should look at CL and see if he is the right man for the job, but even then dont boo the players, thats not going to do anything at all but make their morale go down.

As for that guys comments, he sounds pissed to be and talking a load of bollox. But he is entitled to his opinion so let him have it, but i know im paying no attention to it what so ever.

I think things will get better, as indeed they have been doing gradually since Mr. Levein arrived. I can't see us going anywhere this season though. Id wager we'll finish mid table which ain't really a great deal better than last year. If we are anywhere near a relegation scrap again I will be sorely pissed off though.

What have happened is Leicester City let the fans down for first time this season

I think it's time Leicester fans got into the bloody real world. You have ups and downs in football, for once in our lives can we just bloody get behind the manager and the team. We have no divine right to be in the premier league or this league for that matter.

MON, Europe, cup wins and wembley visits have gone for the time being so get use to it. Thinking we are bigger and better than we actually are, living in the past and thinking we should beat any team smaller than us does not do anyone any good....ASK FOREST!!!!

Craig,

Jan 3 2005, 9:25 PM

2004 has been the worst year of football I've ever witnessed and believe me I've been going for a bloody long time. There have been more desperately bad individual and team performances at home this year than all the other years put together and on today's performance 2005 doesn't look like it's going to get much better. Last season's team and this season surpass any others in terms of the number of under performing over paid average players.

Every week with the exception of 1 or 2 games I've come away from games feeling like I've been mugged and today was no exception; it was another all around dire performance from a Leicester City team. I left the ground wondering if I could believe what I had just witnessed and felt like I'd just seen us lose it was so bad.

I really do hope that you can replace this team because I no longer believe that it is remotely possible to make a silk purse out of this pig's ear of team. It grieves me to say it but after much thought I do not in all honesty believe that there is a single current player who is fit to wear the shirt of Leicester City Football Club. I could list numerous players over the years that have been superior in quality and commitment, I could list even more who have lacked ability but gave it their all but there are very few I wouldn't prefer to have than the current playing staff who let themselves and the fans down week after week after week with their inept under performing play.

I'm not sure how much more I can take or justify in terms of time and money so I sincerely hope that you can give back to me the joy, excitement and satisfaction I used to get supporting Leicester City Football Club because at the moment I'm getting absolutely nothing from it.

By the way I'm a big fan of yours Craig but I wish you would stop promising us a decent performance, either say it as it is or say nothing please.

All the best for you for the future and the best of luck for all our sakes.

davieG

Topic

Well I wrote the above in January, some of you may remember it after a win I might add and I think whoever wrote that above has forgotten just how dire we were then. Although the results haven't improved I have to say on all other points CL has delivered the goods, there is still a long way to go but at least he has brought back some of the enjoyment you should be entitled to when watching LCFC. At that time, as I do now I had two season tickets, I was having to bribe my son to come to games with me, the football was so bad, now he insists on making a contribution to the cost, that seems to say something to me. I still have doubts over some players, but when was that never the case, and yes some of those are CLs signings but even some of MONs players were individually poor. The team now, more often than not look like they want to play and are still doing so at 90+ minutes, Ok they are not perfect, they make mistakes, they are more individual than a team but I for one believe that will come.

I've criticised CL, hopefully constructively and will continue to do so but I still believe in the long run he's the man for the job. People who are calling for him to go, I don't believe there are many should think what the alternatives would be, we have no money, even less if we paid off CL and his team, we would end up with another Bassett/Reid type has-been or some totally unproven guy - I don't see that as the way forward or improving the situation.

So fine, let's not be complacent we can criticise the manager, the players (CL does) the club on message boards like this but lets not get unrealistic about our status here we have no divine right to get promoted from this League, there are plenty of other clubs, who in all honesty are actually, in terms of stability in a much better position and have more justification for believing they will get promoted than we do. If CLs pulls it off fine, if not I can live with that provided the team continues to improve in terms of football quality, commitment and entertainment, which I believe we have done since I wrote that plea last January.

Craig don't let the bastards, yes including me grind you down , you need a tough no-nonsense manager to get out of this league and in you I believe we have that.

Topic

Well I wrote the above in January, some of you may remember it after a win I might add and I think whoever wrote that above has forgotten just how dire we were then. Although the results haven't improved I have to say on all other points CL has delivered the goods, there is still a long way to go but at least he has brought back some of the enjoyment you should be entitled to when watching LCFC. At that time, as I do now I had two season tickets, I was having to bribe my son to come to games with me, the football was so bad, now he insists on making a contribution to the cost, that seems to say something to me. I still have doubts over some players, but when was that never the case, and yes some of those are CLs signings but even some of MONs players were individually poor. The team now, more often than not look like they want to play and are still doing so at 90+ minutes, Ok they are not perfect, they make mistakes, they are more individual than a team but I for one believe that will come.

I've criticised CL, hopefully constructively and will continue to do so but I still believe in the long run he's the man for the job. People who are calling for him to go, I don't believe there are many should think what the alternatives would be, we have no money, even less if we paid off CL and his team, we would end up with another Bassett/Reid type has-been or some totally unproven guy - I don't see that as the way forward or improving the situation.

So fine, let's not be complacent we can criticise the manager, the players (CL does) the club on message boards like this but lets not get unrealistic about our status here we have no divine right to get promoted from this League, there are plenty of other clubs, who in all honesty are actually, in terms of stability in a much better position and have more justification for believing they will get promoted than we do. If CLs pulls it off fine, if not I can live with that provided the team continues to improve in terms of football quality, commitment and entertainment, which I believe we have done since I wrote that plea last January.

Craig don't let the bastards, yes including me grind you down , you need a tough no-nonsense manager to get out of this league and in you I believe we have that.

As usual Mr G, spot on.

I think it's time Leicester fans got into the bloody real world. You have ups and downs in football, for once in our lives can we just bloody get behind the manager and the team. We have no divine right to be in the premier league or this league for that matter.

MON, Europe, cup wins and wembley visits have gone for the time being so get use to it. Thinking we are bigger and better than we actually are, living in the past and thinking we should beat any team smaller than us does not do anyone any good....ASK FOREST!!!!

Best answer here that makes the most sense.

Even under MON it took us awhile to get going before his team was set and we blazed the prem.

We need to fight to get back into the premiership, not demand some red carpet like it's owed to us.

Luton beat us because they took nothing for granted and went out to win and make people see that they're not to be written off.

Leicester used to be all about battling, especially under MON.

From Keller to Flowers at the back, Walshy, Elliot and Tags infront of them.

Muzzy, Lennon, Savage tackling and making chances for the likes of Heskey and Cottee to hammer them home.

The team we have is completely capable of adopting this "never say die" example that made us premiership stalwarts, but we also had the fans that made Filbert Street so damn famous.

It was hidden away and secluded to all those who weren't foxes but when the volume and tempo was turned up, we were so passionate that we were one of the loudest clubs in the whole of England, and we seated under 24 thousand back then.

Hell, Filbert Street it was in a BT advert.

Leicester are an underdog team, we have got to constantly show others what we're about.

Unlike Forrest we haven't won 2 European cups, but also unlike Forrest we aint losing to S****horpe in L1.

They got too wrapped up in their past glories to see the difficult road ahead.

Leicester went that route, (adminstration, relegation) but the board last year have chosen to do something about it, by bringing in a manager to turn things around at a fundemental level.

And it's not an easy task, inheriting a squad that could have almost qualified for masters football and about as much money to spend as a tramp on grandby street.

Not living from past glories, but trying to make new glories is his aim and it's one we should all try to see.

It's our attitude that can help us make things happen.

Heskey, Izzet, Cottee, Elliot are all City heroes because they all fought for city.

And WE ARE CITY, they fought for us because we gave them something to fight for.

We cheered them to the hilt for a play off final, 3 cup finals and 2 visits into Europe.

Didn't matter if it was 2- nil up or 3 - nil down.

Now we have a new breed of battlers, but these people can only fight with our support because they're fighting for us, they're no longer old and wanting to kick responcibility up field with a hoof (saturday permitting) but to rush at the oposition with confidence.

Luton did exactly that to us Saturday, since they've been in this division they set out to prove that they're not just going to give up and go back down.

The past few years I can see the optimism has been replaced with pessimism.

From a premiership team and league cup winners to championship strugglers, but remember this is still Craig s first year in English football, with a squad that have only been together a few months and injuries that have hindered our progress.

So after considering all that...

I'd just like to gladly say....

Thank F**k I'm not a Forrest fan!

Pee Ess

Bank Holiday Monday and all's boring!! ;)

Best answer here that makes the most sense.

Even under MON it took us awhile to get going before his team was set and we blazed the prem.

We need to fight to get back into the premiership, not demand some red carpet like it's owed to us.

Luton beat us because they took nothing for granted and went out to win and make people see that they're not to be written off.

Leicester used to be all about battling, especially under MON.

From Keller to Flowers at the back, Walshy, Elliot and Tags infront of them.

Muzzy, Lennon, Savage tackling and making chances for the likes of Heskey and Cottee to hammer them home.

The team we have is completely capable of adopting this "never say die" example that made us premiership stalwarts, but we also had the fans that made Filbert Street so damn famous.

It was hidden away and secluded to all those who weren't foxes but when the volume and tempo was turned up, we were so passionate that we were one of the loudest clubs in the whole of England, and we seated under 24 thousand back then.

Hell, Filbert Street it was in a BT advert.

Leicester are an underdog team, we have got to constantly show others what we're about.

Unlike Forrest we haven't won 2 European cups, but also unlike Forrest we aint losing to S****horpe in L1.

They got too wrapped up in their past glories to see the difficult road ahead.

Leicester went that route, (adminstration, relegation) but the board last year have chosen to do something about it, by bringing in a manager to turn things around at a fundemental level.

And it's not an easy task, inheriting a squad that could have almost qualified for masters football and about as much money to spend as a tramp on grandby street.

Not living from past glories, but trying to make new glories is his aim and it's one we should all try to see.

It's our attitude that can help us make things happen.

Heskey, Izzet, Cottee, Elliot are all City heroes because they all fought for city.

And WE ARE CITY, they fought for us because we gave them something to fight for.

We cheered them to the hilt for a play off final, 3 cup finals and 2 visits into Europe.

Didn't matter if it was 2- nil up or 3 - nil down.

Now we have a new breed of battlers, but these people can only fight with our support because they're fighting for us, they're no longer old and wanting to kick responcibility up field with a hoof (saturday permitting) but to rush at the oposition with confidence.

Luton did exactly that to us Saturday, since they've been in this division they set out to prove that they're not just going to give up and go back down.

The past few years I can see the optimism has been replaced with pessimism.

From a premiership team and league cup winners to championship strugglers, but remember this is still Craig s first year in English football, with a squad that have only been together a few months and injuries that have hindered our progress.

So after considering all that...

I'd just like to gladly say....

Thank F**k I'm not a Forrest fan!

Pee Ess

Bank Holiday Monday and all's boring!! ;)

Or a Forest fan... ;):D:P

I admit to being critical of City when I think they warrant it - but I don't think I'm any more critical than a good few guys on this forum who's opinion I respect. I hope that all of us are critical because we care not because we have a down on CL. I also think that, while we m ay be wrong, we try to be constructive.

The comments, however, at the head of this thread had no substance, there was no argument, it was just diatribe.

They don't really warrant a second thought. Indeed, I am much more concerned that CL sticks to his pass and move principles and continues to develop this club in a way that ensures the foundations are laid for a sound future. If he makes mistakes but sticks to an attacking formula I'll be reasonably happy.

Nothing will be built in a day - but like Davieg, and for the same reasons, I hope it doesn't take too long.

Archived