Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

GUTTED

My reaction is a mixed one.

£2 Million is too good to turn, especially in today's transfer market. It's even more surprising that Wigan have paid that much for a striker, who only scored 13 goals in a little over 40 games last season. I know he's already scored 4 this season, but his performances over the past two games have seen a bit distant.

And despite Connolly arguably being our best player, we're not exactly flowing with goals as a team, are we? He is certainly someone with excellent technique and does have the ability to hit 20 a season, but he hasn't proved that with us. He may well have done this season, but we'll never know now.

It will be interesting to see who Levein now brings in. I'm certainly not encouraged by our current strike force, but we can do quite a bit with £2 Million. Purchase him for £500,000 and retrieve 4 times that amount is very good business.

Just a shame this has happened on the 31st August and not the 1st August. Levein does have a back up plan according to his previous comments. The countdown is on.

At least Jase is still here.

My reaction is a mixed one.

£2 Million is too good to turn, especially in today's transfer market. It's even more surprising that Wigan have paid that much for a striker, who only scored 13 goals in a little over 40 games last season. I know he's already scored 4 this season, but his performances over the past two games have seen a bit distant.

And despite Connolly arguably being our best player, we're not exactly flowing with goals as a team, are we? He is certainly someone with excellent technique and does have the ability to hit 20 a season, but he hasn't proved that with us. He may well have done this season, but we'll never know now.

It will be interesting to see who Levein now brings in. I'm certainly not encouraged by our current strike force, but we can do quite a bit with £2 Million. Purchase him for £500,000 and retrieve 4 times that amount is very good business.

Just a shame this has happened on the 31st August and not the 1st August. Levein does have a back up plan according to his previous comments. The countdown is on.

At least Jase is still here.

Don't worry Scowy, Elvis has signed for £300,000.

We are Going up, say we are going up.

Bollocks

Don't worry Scowy, Elvis has signed for £300,000.

We are Going up, say we are going up.

Bollocks

I honestly couldn't see us getting promotion, even with Connolly.

- We just don't score enough goals.

- We can't defend (and attack) set pieces.

- We have a fetish with draws.

Mid table mediocrity.

I honestly couldn't see us getting promotion, even with Connolly.

- We just don't score enough goals.

- We can't defend (and attack) set pieces.

- We have a fetish with draws.

Mid table mediocrity.

But without Connolly we won't even finish mid-table. Struggle to stay up in my opinion.

De Vries won't get anymore than 5 goals, neither will Dublin. Elvis might score 1 and our midfield and defence will get about 20 between them. So that's about 35-40 goals maximum, in 40 remaining games. Going down.

If we had Connolly who would get us 15-20 easily, then we would finish 12-16th, but without him we're looking at a Forest.

I cannot wait, this is revolting.

There some classic over-reacting going on here.

LCFC is and will be for some time to come, a selling club when premiership clubs come sniffing. The fact is that David Connolly probably fancied the Wigan move and that £2million was too good for City to turn down anyway.

I honestly don't think that the end is nigh or that LCFC are finished as a club.

But without Connolly we won't even finish mid-table. Struggle to stay up in my opinion.

De Vries won't get anymore than 5 goals, neither will Dublin. Elvis might score 1 and our midfield and defence will get about 20 between them. So that's about 35-40 goals maximum, in 40 remaining games. Going down.

If we had Connolly who would get us 15-20 easily, then we would finish 12-16th, but without him we're looking at a Forest.

Let's see what Levein can do today in terms of a replacement for Connolly - I don't think Elvis is seen as one.

Well, I hope not anyway.

Let's see what Levein can do today in terms of a replacement for Connolly - I don't think Elvis is seen as one.

Well, I hope not anyway.

I hope so. If we get Riordon or someone of equivalent talent then we'll be ok. If we don't then this season will be a tight one again.

It might not be Levein's fault but he's had alot of time to find us enough fire power, but has decided to spend nearly £750,000 on defenders instead who appear to be more inept than Dabizas, Makin and Heath!!!!

There were some good strikers available for £200,000+ this summer and we missed out on them because the club were saying we had no money, but had no problems paying £200,000 for Gilbert and £250,000 on Gerrbrand!! Both of whom have hardly played.

It's going to be a testing day at the office for Craig today, let's hope he thrives on pressure and signs us a starlet.

Not like you to sound so pessimistic. If Elvis has joined City for £300,000 as has been reported he'll score 12-15 goals this season given regular games and will be worth two or three times his signing fee at least.

CL will bring in Riordon or Boyd as he's intended all along, Hammill will become a first choice selection and we'll end up with a more balanced side with a broader range of fire power. And the team will be younger.

We'll still need another forward or two, we still need a leader at the back but the foundations are flowly being laid. You're all forgetting how hopeless the situation had become under Mickey.

I'm guted to see Connolly leave but I don't blame him or the club.

Put yourself in CL's position, he has had a £2m bif put in for a player wanting to play in the Premiership and who last season didn't perform at all. Ok this season he's scored a hat trick but overall his performances haven't stood out.

I'm just praying CL has a replacement ready.

Not like you to sound so pessimistic. If Elvis has joined City for £300,000 as has been reported he'll score 12-15 goals this season given regular games and will be worth two or three times his signing fee at least.

CL will bring in Riordon or Boyd as he's intended all along, Hammill will become a first choice selection and we'll end up with a more balanced side with a broader range of fire power. And the team will be younger.

We'll still need another forward or two, we still need a leader at the back but the foundations are flowly being laid. You're all forgetting how hopeless the situation had become under Mickey.

Iain, Iain, Iain, Iain, Iain, Iain, Iain Humey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm buzzin again now.

Steven, considering Hume has played a number of games on the flanks, it's not a bad record.

We weren't saying that about Scowcroft though ? :( Is he a Winger or a Striker ? :( If we do not add a striker we will struggle. :(

... but not the answer to our goal scoring problems. :(

I think i'll wait and see his first few games for City. If he hasn't scored then i'll agree with you. The fact that he's the type of striker who doesn't let defenders rest and has alot of pace, along with Elvis should give our team a different dimension.

Connolly was a lethal finisher before he came here and has had his problems, mainly because we don't play to his strengths. Who know's whether we'll play to Hume's strengths? If we do he could score/set up enough goals to cover Dave's departure and more.

Connolly was 28 with a year and a half left on his contract and an ambition to play in the Prem, our other strikers (de Vries and Dublin) are only bit part players so we were going to have to buy a 20-goal-a-season striker at some point in the near future. These players cost money so unless we get promoted we have little chance of having that kind of money in the future. Selling him now for as much profit as possible is the best deal, we can get a couple of good quality, younger, strikers on longer deals. My only concern is that CL will stop with getting Hume and Elvis and not go on to get another top quality striker, which at the moment we can afford. With Hume and Elvis I feel we're in roughly the same situation we were with Connolly (worse off because neither will score 20, but better off because they're both younger...) but if we got Riordan or Boyd as well I think those three would be a massive improvement on just having Connolly as those two and Hume each could score 10-15 a season with our other strikers chipping in.

Good bit of business I think. £2million for Connolly is excellent considering his poor season last year. Just because he has scored a hattrick this season, people think he is suddenly the best player we have ever had.

I would rather we had signed Hume and someone else like Riordan or Boyd than Elvis though.

Archived