Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scotch

Is Loyalty our problem?

It's often said that there is no loyalty in football,but I ask you this, is showing loyalty destroying our chances of being a PL team next year?

In the summer,Pearson showed loyalty to the players that got us to the dance by not making many additions to our squad. He clearly felt that these players where good enough to do it at this level. Although he was proven wrong on this matter,I still don't blame him for trying this. You don't see it often.

What I do blame him for is continuing to show loyalty to players that are consistently underperforming, Konchesky and Shwarzer to name but two. This is especially hard to take when players like Albrighton and Hammond have performed well when called upon,yet are constantly overlooked.

All of this then leads on to my final example of misplaced loyalty. Where it is good to see owners,stand by their manager,the powers that be at our club appear to support a manager that couldn't tell you our best formation, never mind our best starting 11,after 2/3rds of the season have past.

Just a thought but it appears to me that, although not the only issue we have, loyalty IS an issue at Leicester.

Or maybe it isn't loyalty....Maybe it's a lack of balls when making hard decisions like dropping players or changing the manager.

If it comes down to loyalty, lets hope all our players stay if we get relegated.

If they all run off for a better deal at the end of the season then I think you have a very fair point. If they don't then maybe all this loyalty will prove very useful trying to get back up.

When you're promoted champions I think you get stuck between a rock and a hard place, it's good to be loyal but in his line of work objectivity has to play a part too, I'm sure other managers have players they like more than others but I'm sure if they're not performing they're not played!

I think loyalty to Morgan, Schwarzer, Konchesky and dismissing Albrighton has caused us to underperform, it's frustrating to see Drinkwater for example not live up to expectations because we all know he's a great player when he's on form

If it comes down to loyalty, lets hope all our players stay if we get relegated.

If they all run off for a better deal at the end of the season then I think you have a very fair point. If they don't then maybe all this loyalty will prove very useful trying to get back up.

I think that that's a very fair point but I think it also depends on the players in question too. If we do go down and the likes of Mahrez or Ulloa who have performed well this year,are being chased by a bigger club,I wouldn't really blame them for wanting to leave for a better opportunity.

The likes of Morgan/Vardy/Nugent and the likes, should want to repay that loyalty though.

The likes of Albrighton and Hammond could also be exused for wanting to leave as they have been unfairly overlooked this year.

Sticking with the players has been a problem, but given we absolutely dominated the second tier last season I kind of understand Pearson having the faith. In hindsight, the players (or some of them) aren't good enough and have let him down. He had the faith in them and they haven't taken that chance, at the highest level. Lets face it, we thought the likes of Drinkwater would be good enough. I do think certain positions, such as left full back, should have been strengthened but I don't know if Pearson tried and failed. I mean, we were heavily linked with Cresswell but he joined West Ham.

I think the formation and knowing his best eleven, which you spoke about OP, is a problem/was a problem. Between October and December we were inconsistent in terms of selection and formation which might have cost us, especially given we were playing the likes of Newcastle and WBA at the time. Essential games, big three points.

Yes loyalty is a problem, the club is being loyal to a manager that should be sacked.

The club cannot afford to be in the championship with the out goings the club has, as proven with big losses year after year, and when the premier league has just signed the biggest deal in its history, under Pearson we will miss out, and struggle under ffp in the championship

Is Loyality and Favourtism the same thing? I don't think so.

I want to be loyal to Pearson, I like the bloke, I really do want him to be a success, as I do the players - I don't want anyone at this club to fail, but if they're not playing well or making bad decisions that they are not learning from then I will speak up about it, I don't like doing it, I don't want to do it, but I won't sit there and make excuses for it.

Pearson clearly has favourites and it's his downfall, he isn't learning from mistakes, I want to be loyal to him because of his record with us, it's been good, he is one of my favourite LCFC manager but i'm sorry if he doesn't sort himself out he has to go.

As for the players in the summer I like Pearson thought they'd step up, be a success, I was wrong, he was wrong, but I can't slag him off for having the same view as me, now, where I have the problem is he had chance in January to strengten, replace players, he didn't, I can't support him or stand up for him for doing that, its quite clear these players havn't stepped up or been a success and he chose not to do alot about it.

Yes loyalty is a problem, the club is being loyal to a manager that should be sacked.

The club cannot afford to be in the championship with the out goings the club has, as proven with big losses year after year, and when the premier league has just signed the biggest deal in its history, under Pearson we will miss out, and struggle under ffp in the championship

Sorry everyone, he's forgot to introduce himself, this is the clubs accountant....

In case you missed it, our Thai owner is worth $4billion. We have plenty of problems atm but money is not currently one of them. I'd be more worried about losing TOP than FFP. If he wants to keep Nigel, let him keep Nigel.

Archived