Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guy

Silver Foxes Membership - will it be justified??

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 09:23, Captain... said:

online worked for me, I was amazed  thought it would crash, refreshed at 9am got tickets for Arsenal and Swansea.

Well TRY as I might, I was unsuccessful in securing a ticket for the game against the Arse with my dubious value Silver membership - but contended myself with one for the Swansea game the following week, as half expected would be the case from the outset! I'm only able to stay on for the Swansea game thanks to my being up there at my folks from one weekend to the following one!

I'm still not at all sure if Leicester fans with Silver membership who live a lot closer by to the ground/city than some of us - ie in Leicestershire or just outside the county -  have any advantage over those of us who don't or not re not having to ring up and losing out via the lottery that is the telephone queuing syndrome, or the same losing out procedure if done online....which it sounds like you were more successful with than some! I don't suppose one can just turn up at the ticket office and get ahead that way??

7 hours ago, Guy said:

Well TRY as I might, I was unsuccessful in securing a ticket for the game against the Arse with my dubious value Silver membership - but contended myself with one for the Swansea game the following week, as half expected would be the case from the outset! I'm only able to stay on for the Swansea game thanks to my being up there at my folks from one weekend to the following one!

I'm still not at all sure if Leicester fans with Silver membership who live a lot closer by to the ground/city than some of us - ie in Leicestershire or just outside the county -  have any advantage over those of us who don't or not re not having to ring up and losing out via the lottery that is the telephone queuing syndrome, or the same losing out procedure if done online....which it sounds like you were more successful with than some! I don't suppose one can just turn up at the ticket office and get ahead that way??

I think Arsenal will be a one off in terms of demand, first home game of the season as champions against last season's runner up, huge amounts of demand.

Hospitality and all the other tickets that are hovered up will be fewer for pretty much any other game this season, unless we are making another title challenge and we have an Everton style game at the end of the season.

Well that and the champions league games, although being mid week will make it harder for some fans to get to CL games, and boxing day. 

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

I think Arsenal will be a one off in terms of demand, first home game of the season as champions against last season's runner up, huge amounts of demand.

Hospitality and all the other tickets that are hovered up will be fewer for pretty much any other game this season, unless we are making another title challenge and we have an Everton style game at the end of the season.

Well that and the champions league games, although being mid week will make it harder for some fans to get to CL games, and boxing day. 

Yes, that could ring true re the Arsenal game but only time will tell with regard to the remaining league fixtures at KP. The midweek fixtures are more likely to bear more fruit in the form of ticket availability as you say although Boxing Day is also a highly popular fixture too though I find. All the same I'd be gutted if I didn't get a ticket for that v Everton as I'm up always up in the area at my folks for the festive period.

16 hours ago, Guy said:

The ticket office do sell tickets on the day but they go on sale same time as online does 

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

The ticket office do sell tickets on the day but they go on sale same time as online does 

I see, that still seems to be a better way to seek an advantage than by telephone then! Maybe I best try online next time then :-)

• 2 months later...

So has it been worth it?

I finally received my membership goodies yesterday, shame the box was crushed by Royal mail. The wallet isn't bad, it doesn't feel cheap, but it is a card holder not a wallet, the pen feels cheap, but it works, the key ring is ok and the pins are quite nice, not that I wear them.

If I'm honest I probably would have preferred the membership to be £20 cheaper than all of this extra stuff, but hey ho.

• 1 month later...

Received my Champions Pack over a month ago but never received one for my 4 year old son. 

Just heard from the club and they said they had problems with supplier for that age group and should be sorted by the end of the week. 

Anyone else have this problem or is it just BS from the club? 

55 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Received my Champions Pack over a month ago but never received one for my 4 year old son. 

Just heard from the club and they said they had problems with supplier for that age group and should be sorted by the end of the week. 

Yep, although I'm yet to chase it though.

I received my silver fox pack around 2months ago and have 2 for my 8 and 4 year old children. Still waiting on their packs. Shocking really considering it is November. 

2 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

I emailed on 10th November for my 5 year old son's pack. I received two responses within minutes of each other.

One said it would be with me by the 18th November, the other by the end of November. It still isn't here and do not expect it before Christmas.

2 hours ago, berniethebolt said:

Yep, although I'm yet to chase it though.

I received my silver fox pack around 2months ago and have 2 for my 8 and 4 year old children. Still waiting on their packs. Shocking really considering it is November. 

It's a joke, I would of preferred it if the kids got theirs and adults would have to be waiting now - that being said it's shocking that it's nearly December and still having to wait for something that was included in a membership paid nearly 6 months ago

46 minutes ago, pds said:

I emailed on 10th November for my 5 year old son's pack. I received two responses within minutes of each other.

One said it would be with me by the 18th November, the other by the end of November. It still isn't here and do not expect it before Christmas.

Thanks for your up date. At least I know it wasn't just them blagging to me although it is bang out of order to be waiting for so long especially when it comes to a pack for kids. 

Sounds like the club hasnt got a clue when they will be dispatching them to members, very disappointing 

4 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Thanks for your up date. At least I know it wasn't just them blagging to me although it is bang out of order to be waiting for so long especially when it comes to a pack for kids. 

Sounds like the club hasnt got a clue when they will be dispatching them to members, very disappointing 

Just emailed again out of interest. They advised it will be here either this week or next. Believe it when I see it.

11 minutes ago, pds said:

Just emailed again out of interest. They advised it will be here either this week or next. Believe it when I see it.

Ok cool, thanks a lot. Hopefully means they could be here soon as I got told end of the week too - like you said though, will believe it when I see it

Archived