Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Save Mallory Park

Leicestershire race track Mallory Park is under threat due to noise restrictions. I love this circuit so if anyone can spare the time to sign this e-petion to keep it open i'd appreciate it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

What grinds my gears is the fact that the the circuit has been there longer than all the houses have. :mad: . If you don't like the noise, don't buy a house next to a racetrack

Already signed this, only living about 2 miles from the track, it would be a disgrace if it was turned into another housing estate!! Some of the Chelsea Tractor brigade in Mallory must of knew it was going to be noisy when they moved there seriously they should be the ones to feck off!!

Leicestershire race track Mallory Park is under threat due to noise restrictions. I love this circuit so if anyone can spare the time to sign this e-petion to keep it open i'd appreciate it.

http://epetitions.di...petitions/46739

What grinds my gears is the fact that the the circuit has been there longer than all the houses have. :mad: . If you don't like the noise, don't buy a house next to a racetrack

Hypocritical nimbys, some of the loudest protesters against building on green sites are living in houses that were the latest to be built on a green site.

It's all very easy to say ''they knew it was there'', which, of course, is true, however, the point is that the circuit has continually broken noise abatement orders. They had been warned before, yet failed to comply. I don't want to see it go and I think it's a great venue, but they appear to be the architect of their own downfall here.

It's all very easy to say ''they knew it was there'', which, of course, is true, however, the point is that the circuit has continually broken noise abatement orders. They had been warned before, yet failed to comply. I don't want to see it go and I think it's a great venue, but they appear to be the architect of their own downfall here.

Motor Racing, Motor Cycle Racing & 'not too much noise' don't really seem to go together. Wonder if they'd find a problem if they lived next to Silverstone.

Motor Racing, Motor Cycle Racing & 'not too much noise' don't really seem to go together. Wonder if they'd find a problem if they lived next to Silverstone.

I agree, and as I said, I want it open, its a great venue. The fact of the matter is though, that the orders are in place all over the place and everywhere else seems to be able to comply, both in terms of noise level and times of which these levels are breached. It's only within the last 18 months where it has become a problem, with the track breaching agreed levels (by residents, track day organisers and envionmental agencies) 7 times (I think) within a 12-18 month period.

It's also a case of them wanting to extend their current allowed usage from 92 days per year, up to 160ish.

A great venue & had some great days out at Mallory......fishing too!!

I can't think it's the residents of Kirkby Mallory that are complaining. Who buys a house on the edge of a race-track & then complains about the noise?? The noise does travel & I have heard it as far away as Thurlaston, Narborough & Enderby. I've always considered it a good thing, that it is being used & would appear to be doing well.

A great venue & had some great days out at Mallory......fishing too!!

I can't think it's the residents of Kirkby Mallory that are complaining. Who buys a house on the edge of a race-track & then complains about the noise?? The noise does travel & I have heard it as far away as Thurlaston, Narborough & Enderby. I've always considered it a good thing, that it is being used & would appear to be doing well.

You are quite right, the majority of them are fine with it, and between them, the council, and the track, they have been and are arranging meetings to come to a comprimise without court etc. No one is TRYING to get it shut down, which seems to be the misconception that people are jumping to.

This isnt just a case of people saying ''its loud, go away'', which most people are assuming it to be. The track has been unlawfully breaking its council agreement which has been in place since 1985, which is to stage no more than 92 track/concert days per year (as well as overstepping the noise level etc, which isnt the main problem). The track want to up that number to 160, nearly doubling its usage, which is what is causing a problem. This will of course, be more of a pain in the arse in terms of noise levels, but there are other factors of course....increased traffic loads, reduction in house/land prices, implications on the surrounding natural environment too, for instance.

The track believe that if it continues to operate on only 92 days a year IT MAY have to close, whereas if it operates on 160, it will become sufficiently stable to carry on running smoothly.

That is the story.

You are quite right, the majority of them are fine with it, and between them, the council, and the track, they have been and are arranging meetings to come to a comprimise without court etc. No one is TRYING to get it shut down, which seems to be the misconception that people are jumping to.

This isnt just a case of people saying ''its loud, go away'', which most people are assuming it to be. The track has been unlawfully breaking its council agreement which has been in place since 1985, which is to stage no more than 92 track/concert days per year (as well as overstepping the noise level etc, which isnt the main problem). The track want to up that number to 160, nearly doubling its usage, which is what is causing a problem. This will of course, be more of a pain in the arse in terms of noise levels, but there are other factors of course....increased traffic loads, reduction in house/land prices, implications on the surrounding natural environment too, for instance.

The track believe that if it continues to operate on only 92 days a year IT MAY have to close, whereas if it operates on 160, it will become sufficiently stable to carry on running smoothly.

That is the story.

Thats true, but last year it was 270..

Are you suggesting that 160 is the compromise that the track wont move from? Or that they are making the figure up? I sense someone knows a bit about this lol

Maybe someone might have wanted the something shut down for some possible reason and engineered a way for it to be closed without making themselves look bad due to other interests, but then suddenly discovered that the something couldn't be used for certain things but had to be returned to a state of what it was before something was built..

Maybe someone might have wanted the something shut down for some possible reason and engineered a way for it to be closed without making themselves look bad due to other interests, but then suddenly discovered that the something couldn't be used for certain things but had to be returned to a state of what it was before something was built..

Haha so basically the track owners wanted to get it shut to sell for property development, but now have had to do a U turn because some engineers and planners fooked it up and its not actually viable for housing development.

Haha so basically the track owners wanted to get it shut to sell for property development, but now have had to do a U turn because some engineers and planners fooked it up and its not actually viable for housing development.

I dunno, but as someone pointed earlier you don't buy a house next to a racetrack then moan about it, infact people who i know who live there actually bought their houses there because of the race track.

Archived