Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

Bands you've met

Met too many to mention but I know all of Goldie Lookin Chain, 60ft Dolls, Elastica and Dub War, some of The Farm, The Happy Mondays and various DJ/Bands Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Layo and Bushwacka etc etc

I've met hundreds of DJ's (well about 40-50) and know quite a few of them.

An I am crap and I know it... entry

I went out with Clare Grogan's best friend's sister for one week during an 18-30's holiday.

The Jazz Butcher came to one of our gigs and slagged me off.

Chrissie Hynde totally blanked me when I said 'hello' while I was working security for U2.

The lead singer of Chelsea pissed on my brother in the toilets of some random London pub, I was next to him at the time so it kinda counts.

Somehow, I got backstage with SLF at the DMH and stood there drinking their rider and chopsing away to Henry about how great they were. I loved SLF :wub:

I got pissed with the UK Subs in some shit pub in Northampton. It was a gloriously fantastic night.

While I was on radio we had that Evan Dando, Eugenius and the BMX Bandits in the studio.

Jarvis Cocker invited me and the rest of Spandex Planet [radio show] to a party in Newcastle, some hotel near the train station - we went, it was ace!

Primal Scream and me shared a room...but in our collective state I'd hardly call it met.

I've been on a decent session with Mensi from the Angelic Upstarts.

Almost anyone that played in the Roadmender or the Irish in Northampton during the early 90's was booked through my mate, so I met them...but no one really stands out except Kirsty MacColl ~ she was an angel, God rest her.

There's probably others...

...I'm one of the few people not to be asked to play guitar for The Fall.

I wish they had.

Met The Strokes, before they were famous in Spain, they were also on the same flight as us, good lads!!

Punjabi MC, lived on the bottom of my road!!

Related to quite a few Bhangra band members including Geet The Mega Band, Apna Sangeet, Dalvinder Singh. The Safri Boys played on my wedding, a friend of mine goes out with a member of DCS, also have met probably most of em!!

This could take me all day and all of the night....

So maybe just some of the names that might mean something to people here???

• KLF
  • Billy Bragg
  • Nena Cherry
  • Sonia!
  • PM Dawn
  • Mick I'm a cóck Hucknell
  • Seal also a cóck
  • Cozy Powell
  • Emerson & Lake
  • Dave Grohl
  • Napalm Death
  • Charlie UK Subs Harper
  • Fugazi
  • No Means No
  • Suzi Quattro
  • Boy George
  • Right Said Fred
  • Snuff
  • Bad Brains

And many, many, many more

• Sonia!
  • Fugazi

The twin towering gods of music :worship:

And in such similar circumstances:

I worked as guitar tech for Fugazi on their first UK tour

I sat on Sonia in a drunken comedy musical chairs type moment at the Brits 92 aftershow party :ph34r:

I can see you at the back with the glasses, Mr Obvious.

My God! I can't believe you got that picture! That was the last time I walked without a limp...but although I had the crap kicked out of me they were very pleasant and put me in a taxi afterwards.

Only one of note is Cypress Hill. We (a group of 2 lads and 2 lasses) followed one of the singers back to his hotel in central Brussels, but when he asked if we wanted to come up and basically have a gang bang, the ladies promptly declined... ah well :P

I've met:

Ash

The Dum Dums

JJ72

Not a big fan of any of these bands but they all played in Maidstone.

I've also met Reef, I just remembered, in Leicester. I watched the show which was loud but quite cr ap (and I quite like Reef) and then we all went somewhere (the band, my housemates and a few others) and drank at someone's (not my) expense for a fair few hours. They weren't relaly that interesting though I didn't think, so in hindsight typing out the story was a bit of an error

I've met:

Ash

The Dum Dums

JJ72

I've also met Reef, I just remembered, in Leicester. I watched the show which was loud but quite cr ap (and I quite like Reef) and then we all went somewhere (the band, my housemates and a few others) and drank at someone's (not my) expense for a fair few hours. They weren't relaly that interesting though I didn't think, so in hindsight typing out the story was a bit of an error

Fear not James - The thread is titled Bands you've met - not Bands you've met who were interesting..... :ph34r:

Guest seanfox778

I've met:

Ash

The Dum Dums

JJ72

the bloke who plays the drums for reef, his mum lives on the road behind mine in newquay

Archived