Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

yay!

Our hosts took the site offline last night due to high server load (whilst the game was being played). I contacted them and after 3 hours they eventually unsuspended the account, but upon doing so there were problems with the database.

So a backup of the forum from a couple of days ago had to be restored - which is a long process.

Let me know if you discover any problems. Sorry about that.

Was there that much interest in the game? The OS has been down as well which meant I had to reopen links with Talking Balls. Not been on their for a while so had to reset a forgotten password.. It's not too bad there and I was able to do a bit of spamming promoting for my real ale forum whilst there. lol

I think my video is avaiable on Yourtube. I don't think I can do a search myself as its in my profile.

It's not very good though and if I had more time I would have thought about it more. Anyway I now know what to do now so can revise it at a later date.

Link words like Leicester City should work but if not I can paste a link if any ones interested. Don't expect too much. It is

lol

I thought the reason the site was down may have been something to do with unpaid bills. lol

Don't know whas happened to my MSN. None of the contacts that used to be there are there. I have about four and the only one on-line was a weird username. (The anticipation of death is far worse than death itself) Well more of a statement. No idea who that was. Something TPH would think up but I don't think I've ever been in contact with him metothorically speaking. I All contacts are off line. I'm just plain boring ken_5008.

Cheers

ken

high bandwidth load ? this is a text based forum lol what do they run it on a 56K modem or something or maybe even . . . - - - . . . lol

Bandwidth wasn't the issue, server loading was. With a hundred people posting every single second, it gets a bit much - especially as it isn't "just" a text based forum in reality... driven by PHP/MySQL - every post/reply/page view generates a couple of database queries at least... basically tho it looks simple enough, it's a lot more complex than that.

Awww, I'm sorry LIWCD. Make yourself feel better by looking at Kayteh's Avatar, she is a bit of a hottie, no?

:ph34r: 'fraid I have to agree with you there, but as I said elsewhere that'll get me into trouble with some people no doubt, so I'm saying nothing else.

You really should be careful, just incase your wife ever does login see what FT is all about... :P

Was wondering what happened to the site myself.. Hmmm everyting is alright now though :D At least some people were able to MSN others, I couldn't even do that lol so I thought it was just my account :o:(

Can't MSN because you don't have MSN or because nobody has you on MSN? :blink:

Bandwidth wasn't the issue, server loading was. With a hundred people posting every single second, it gets a bit much - especially as it isn't "just" a text based forum in reality... driven by PHP/MySQL - every post/reply/page view generates a couple of database queries at least... basically tho it looks simple enough, it's a lot more complex than that.

:ph34r: 'fraid I have to agree with you there, but as I said elsewhere that'll get me into trouble with some people no doubt, so I'm saying nothing else.

You really should be careful, just incase your wife ever does login see what FT is all about... :P

Can't MSN because you don't have MSN or because nobody has you on MSN? :blink:

No comment on Kayteh's pic :)

I've got MSN lol but I just couldn't MSN anybody off this forum to find out what was wrong as I have nobody from this forum on it :thumbup:

Archived