Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

splinterdream

Member
  • Posts

    6,310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by splinterdream

  1. I think we can say with an element of experience that sometimes, youth, hunger and desire gives a little more when battling than experience when it comes to some players, not all but some. Vestegaards ball distribution is a top attribute but when its all hands to the pump, i wonder if we cam rely on him. I don't think we should rely on Nelson though, personallyi think if we're to spend money and prioritise where it goes, it should be on a solid pacey ball playing CB, and we should let vestegaard go if he's asking for re relegation wages. I think we need 3 players as priority, a CB, a ball playing midfielder, preferably a battler if Ndidi goes whch i hope.he does, and a striker if we can shift Daka.
  2. It's very difficult to play possession based football in the prem as your time on the ball is less, and if you lose it the penalty is often more severe. Perhaps Top should interview with an open mind and ask experienced managers what he thinks it will take to survive, and save our ideology of perfect football for later
  3. Your theory Nelson isn't good enough being based on Enzos choice of first 11 isn't based on fact, just Enzo trusted 1 player than the other in that season, we're in a different league now that requires different qualities, so maybe saving the money on vestegaards inflated wages and playing Nelson when required would be better option
  4. It really depends how well they can negotiate down his contract. They surely can't think they'll offer him a 3 year on what he was on before, I'd rather we looked at a loan or free, played faes, coady and Nelson. See if we can't get Doyle on another years loan
  5. Listening to Tanner on a LTID podcast, he seemed pretty sure the club wanted to follow the football Enzo played, and the manager would be picked on that. Not sure what he meant by that, whether possession based football, or as far as inverted full backs, ut that being said, is Cooper that type of manager?
  6. I tell you the thing about Cooper, I went to see Forest pre Cooper and post Cooper when they were in the championship, and the players he managed to get in completely transformed them, maybe he's better than given credit for as promotion went to the fat Greeks head and he took full control of transfers. Maybe someone who knows how to work on a shoestring is exactly what we need
  7. Depends which Ndidi you get, if it's 22/23 ndidi, then we deffo can
  8. He was playing vardy upfront on his own, and with a double pivot against sides we all thought he should be going gung ho.on, however his brief was to make us a possession based side. The problem Puel had was the gap between the double.pivot and the single striker we'd play, then along came Tielemens who was the missing link, and not long after he was sacked. He probably had lost the dressing room at that point but looking back he did some necessary work in moving us on
  9. Puels tenure actually makes me question what I know about football, I actually wanted him sacked and couldn't fathom what he was doing, how wrong I was. It's no easy task to turn a squad players that have recently won the league without being comfortable in possession, to being a possession based side whilst still being competitive, and doing it on a shoe string budget, but Claude Puel was on the cusp of that before he was sacked, he was a far better manager we gave him credit for, and Rodgers benefitted from that a lot
  10. If we're really going for the 'steady the ship', 'working on a shoe string' manager, where tactical knowledge is paramount, who is also avaliable, then you aren't getting better than rafa benitez, he'd also probably be willing to work with us in the championship. It's who I wanted after Rodgers and I.thought he'd be a good guy to have a word in Tops ear about how a football club should be run.
  11. Can't be true......can it?
  12. https://x.com/lcfcrnvr/status/1795871452643656102?t=BuItGCFat1zkb6XIkJg_Pg&s=19
  13. Going down, going down, but going down with Jose for shits and giggles
  14. i think the whole points deduction and financial constraints make the whole promotion thing a bit meh anyway.
  15. Voted for Carrick, I think Potter and Poch unrealistic, think it's more like Corberan with an outside chance of Moyes
  16. That's what I mean, when it's not going well it maybe his downfall. Our advantage is we had a band of brothers team ethic that allowed the players to sort it amongst themselves, would Chelsea players have that? Who knows. What is an unknown is if Enzo would have adapted with us in the PL where required, going to be interesting watching Chelsea next season, my personal opinion is he's a cracking coach, but him management skills are lacking, and that will be highlighted managing Chelsea
  17. I think they will, until it starts going wrong. Remember we've got some players that have done the rounds saying Enzo best gaffer they've worked under. We might see it as karma I'd he fails but he'll likely do well
  18. Drinkwater and fofana haven't gone down too well, Chilwell has been okay though.
  19. It's all about the compo, he is from up there I think so that maybe a difference
  20. I'd really like Carrick, think he has top qualities to do well, Boro did us both times, players would respect him, knows the Prem, I think he's our guy if we could get him.
  21. I think it's the case that Chelsea pay unless the released manager gets a new job, I guess thats why Potter still isn't in a job.
  22. I think Enzo is most deffo going Chelsea, and I think it will be a disaster for him, because whilst he's a terrific coach, and his ideas are sound, he has a lot to learn in terms of tactics and in game management at the highest level, and if he thinks he's had a hard time from our fans this season which caused all sorts of drama, he's in for a shock if things begin to slide at Chelsea. Enzo can go on to be an elite manager, but he should deffo tread carefully. Managing us this season gives him a chance to get a taste of Premier League football without tarnishing his reputation should he fail, however it could go terribly wrong at Chelsea I think if the players don't buy into his style. Another point of interest is how we all feel, if he isn't given the job. Is he going to say he wasn't interested anyway? If it comes out he deffo did go for it as looks likely, how are we as fans, and the players going to feel knowing he'd rather be elsewhere?
  23. Yes 12m, when he played on the left he was better than Barnes, but even on the right when he came off the bench, he saved us in games, it was madness not to sign him, he'd have doubled his value immediately and we wouldn't have gone down
×
×
  • Create New...