-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
Ruud awakening for the Premier League!
Iwebema replied to DJ Barry Hammond's topic in Leicester City Forum
A calculated gamble, whilst he doesn't have much top level managerial experience, he's been doing the hard yards for 10 years at PSV and the Dutch national team, which is good to see. One thing I think he will bring that I think this group are crying out for is discipline, everything I have heard/read about RVN is he's extremely strict and demanding and he carries an aura that demands respect which I do think the players will look up to. Also he's a spicy one, and I don't think he will suffer those above him, similar to Enzo when he called them out. I'm personally excited and all in for the Ruud experience! -
Just poorly worded, they are quoting the athletic They will also have been aware of the financial implications of the decision to make this change. When Rodgers, who was the highest-paid manager in the club’s history, was eventually sacked with two years left on his contract, the total cost of his severance and that of his staff contributed to losses of £89.7million.
-
It does feel like that would be a credible thing that could happen. I was really impressed that they managed to have the balls and sack cooper and had hope that they were becoming a but more serious..but all the reports coming out are painting a picture of more clowning around. I appreciate it's a big decision and they've got to get it right, but I can't believe they've start the search fresh this week
-
Hopefully we make the call today, I do wonder if any speculated stalling on RVN is down to financials, he left PSV because he wasn't backed and I would imagine it's quite a tricky conversation about how much financial backing we can offer him.
-
My thoughts on this, which of course is pure speculation, are because we didn't know about the points deduction before appointing cooper we were playing it very safe. Had we of received a significant points deduction, we would of most likely not spent anything like we did and accepted we will most likely go down but try and do it on a budget. When it became clear we were not getting the deduction that changed and, (hopefully not recklessly) we spent some money to try and stay up, if anything I think the appointment of cooper came too quickly, I personally have no doubt that if we had received guarantees of no points deduction, it would of been a different summer.
-
Someone should create a role at the club where someone is in charge of the overall footballing direction so that all decisions, signings, contract renewals and managerial appointments are all considered together as an overall strategy.
-
I dont mind people sharing stuff they've heard, but this is a very sensitive area and it's going to have to be a lifetime ban if it's not true.
-
Reopen the "does foxestalk influence" thread
-
Brentford (A) Saturday 3pm PreMatch Chitchat
Iwebema replied to Aus Fox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Difficult to see a positive result here, the important thing will be the performance and getting a post cooper marker down for the massive West Ham game -
Happy to give RVN a chance, he is very new to management so its difficult to be 100% one way or another on him, it's certainly a risk but I don't think it's destined to fail, Enzo failed at Parma... If Top is taking more direct control I would see that as the main positive, we've all said the issue is at board level and if he's showing signs of being a more involved and serious owner rather than a nice guy who just sees this as a bit of a side interest that's great to see.
-
Craig Pawson is such an awful ref. Possibly the worst in the league.
-
Its just pictures of players with extensive Premier league experience.
-
Who wants to get ahead of it and start the Ruud Out thread?
-
Loads of people with blue ticks on X that I dont know have said they understand it's not potter. Ha
-
Whoever it is, I hope that as a group we can all try and be united behind them. I know thats a bit rich from me as I was cooper out for a while, but I felt I had good reason. But we need to get back to uniting together as a group and back whoever it is as its going to be tough.
-
It will be media ex pro mates club and because he's English. No real thought going into it.
-
This was always going to be the case with the media, just so many chancers around who will just trope out the standard football party lines without digging deeper into it. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but aside from cooper just being horrendously out of his depth, no one is mentioning the fact he was only appointed because anyone "good" thought we were getting a points deduction he threw himself at us because he knew no premier league team would go near him, it was just a very specific situation that lead to it. Mixed in with he'd lost the dressing room already, so even if you objectively thought he was doing well, we all know when the players turn its game over so it doesn't matter. Sure you can look at the players and criticise them, but dig deeper 🤷♀️
-
This is a great summation of Moyes. He feels like Cooper but a proper manager, it will be ugly but we will be well drilled. If the players did hate the tactics and they "miss enzo" it would be a bizarre appointment. I'm not completely against it as he would have us well drilled and tough to beat instead of what ever the hell Cooper was doing (defensive and wide open at the same time, bizarre) but this does partly feel like a player revolt and I think they will want someone who plays more expansive football which I think means RVN or Potter.
-
Not a good look for the players, but it does continue to confirm all the reports we were hearing from inside the camp. Need a manager in who can get control of the players as by all accounts they ran the show, cooper was out of his depth.
-
100% whilst there are a lot of things you can throw at the board from the last few years, this is just normal dumb media nonsense when they can't be arsed to get into the finer detail. The board should for once be commended for acting so quickly and realising there was a reason he threw himself at us, should never be near this level.
-
Agreed. What I would say is alot of insider information, whether you choose to believe it or not, is we've been eyeing this up for a while as the players had been complaining for a long time about him.
-
Quite unexpected from the board and they deserve credit for acting this fast, it kind of tells you that everything we were hearing from behind the scenes had some truth behind it.
-
He just needed more time 👀
-
Yep, I think we are the worst coached team in the league by some distance. But think our squad is better than saints and Ipswich, I wouldnt take many of their players.
-
Similar terrible defending to us, which will be their down fall, but they at least try and take the game to the opposition before they are 2-0 down.
