-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
We aren't in the relegation zone, he is achieving what he is being asked to do, who else would you bring in, not even peak Alex Ferguson could get this squad to win games they are worse than a pub team. They seem to be the general themes. And then faced with the endless list of articulate reasons why he is factually a really poor manager at this level they just say, you just don't like him because he's ex forest. The only positive is that 30 something number was closer to 130 a few weeks ago, people are waking up, shame it's a bit slow, but its not too late yet, we certainly can't afford to wait until January... there will always be some that will dig their heels in until the bitter end to be contrary though.
-
Couldn't agree more! I wouldnt mind so much if we had gone up unexpectedly last season, a bit like Luton or Ipswich, you are just thinking we are in it for the ride. But at times we walked the championship last season, this isn't a team that should just accept needlessly playing chicken with relegation. I'm not saying we should be finishing 10th etc. But I do believe we should be aiming for 15th, I think this squad can achieve that, but there's absolutely no chance with cooper in charge, even when we have played well in small moments he's almost gone out of his way to nip it in the bud and revert back to safe dogmatic negative football, he's such a negative manager, I'm not even sure he's said much positively about us, it's always talking us down like we should just be thankful to be here, which was rodgers 101 when he began to totally lose it, it's always a sign for me that a manager is unravelling. And like I say its a dead end, he's frozen most of the youth out, there's no style, no tactics, no room for growth, no pathway, nothing that makes you think he's the guy long term, it's just dogmatic negative football, hope we scrape enough points through hard work, so what's the point in carrying on we can get anyone in to do what he's doing, might aswell try and get someone in where they are able to show us they might have something that with time and invest could maybe get us back to being a stable prem club. Bit of a frustrated rant there, sorry ha
-
I get where you are coming from, I think the issue for me with cooper is there is almost no hope, there's nothing to build on to try and get back to that level. It's just a dead end. Of course we could sack cooper and bring in someone equally shit, but at least it would signal some positive intent from the board that they are trying....even if they keep messing up 😅
-
Hoping to deflect so that no one figures out he's an utter fraud at this level.
-
At this level we kind of are, football has moved on so much over the last few years, bang average teams are able to bring in proper professional football minds. Of course it doesn't always work out, but the days of managers like cooper (Steve Bruce, Alan pardew, Mark Hughes) managing at this level are long gone. He's so far out of his depth is unbelievable and is solely relying on being a nice guy and convincing the players to run for him.
-
That is broadly his entire managerial career, Swansea and forest were the same, keep it tight, stay in a game and a work hard, see if we catch a break.
-
Yep I think if we lose comfortably against brentford he could...but I expect the west ham home game to be the decisive game. He's clinging on now.
-
Just a bit of a nothing player so far, doesn't really do anything that wrong or bring much to a game, hopefully a better manager can unlock something.
-
This was part of the reason I was really off him from the start, the first thing he did was tell the players they were rubbish, something along the lines of well done but you aren't good enough, I understand premier league football better than you and I can save you. Don't think that went down well considering the players think they know more about football than him. Not long to go now, they can't sack him off the back of a loss to chelsea when we are still out of the relegation zone. But it's creeping closer.
-
Because the press etc. will say its unfair & I don't believe the board have the bollocks to do it when they know the wider football world will condem it. I hope I'm wrong but we've seen what Top is like, too nice.
-
Standard stuff from cooper. It will be dressed up as it was chelsea and we didn't get battered. But we were never really in it, enzo ball stopped it being a battering, which oddly we could of nicked something but coopers in ability to impact a game continues. Not long to go for Cooper though, might aswell get on with it and sack him personally, but I expect we need to be even worse than this before we act.
-
I wish, but I can't see it yet. It will be dressed up as its chelsea and we didn't get battered. They won't look at the ongoing ridiculous performances or complete disregard of any tactics. However it's not far away now. When we lose to someone not "top 6" it's done for him.
-
That's a penalty if that's on Palmer at Stamford bridge. No doubt it my mind.
-
Game was there, regardless whether we deserved something, but he carried on setting us up in such a negative way. Can't stand cooper at all, horrific manager. And now it's 2-0 we will start to go for it as is the cooper way when the game is done and hope.
-
The game is drifting a bit here. Reminds me of the games we messed up under Enzo. Think it's there for us if cooper can impact the game, get some subs on you fool!
-
Bilal is everything atm, he's always looking for lovely little inside passes. Hes been impressive in an absolutely dreadful team performance
-
100% the atmosphere in the ground is just awful, everyone's given up and just waiting for the inevitable
-
I dont understand how we can set up so so defensively, but at the same time every chelsea player has so much time to turn, we are stood off them, it's just horrific.
-
I know its chelsea, but we are at home and have set up like Tranmere away at chelsea in the cup, infact I think Tranmere would at least try and offer something.
-
The back 7 was predictable, that's an interesting choice of Mcateer considering what's fit on the bench. Hes either worked on something and has a plan.....I know, I know....or hes just taking a guess....
-
I will caveat this by saying I think cooper is a dreadful manager at this level and it's only going to end one way, but I will say the players are fighting to the end and not giving in, he certainly deserves some credit for that, we've probably both seen teams that were tactically limited and couldn't be arsed.
-
You don't pal, they were the luckiest team I've ever seen last season, it was almost every week!
-
It's not going to happen. I bet he gets the next 3, united, chelsea and brentford, if all 3 are losses then I think it might be enough.
-
Agreed also what else was there, they were the most attacking players we could chuck on chasing the game against 10. That's not tactical genius, just absolute basics and hope.
-
Ipswich away 2nd November Match Thread
Iwebema replied to ozleicester's topic in Leicester City Forum
He named a bench of defence players
