-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
He's Forests, Nigel Pearson. Was always going to happen, not that I agree with it, but you could see this coming.
-
Lets hope they don't notice 😬
-
I would love this to happen, I'd imagine it would want to be done as 2 individual purchases for PSR nonsense. Shame for Cannon, I thought he showed promise, but he needs to play. I hope he finds his feet personally.
-
Interesting, I haven't gone into it in detail, but from the outside in it just looks very odd. At risk of doing what we did, take a season off because we are too good to go down.ðŸ«
-
Yeah everton obviously will be down there with all 3 of us. Also wonder what's going on at Palace, sold a few key players a week before the window closes, just doesnt feel very smart doing the overhaul they look to be doing. Forest, Wolves and Bournemouth would be the next tier that could get sucked in.
-
This is why his appointment just made no sense, he was on a hiding to nothing. He had to hit the ground running or stuff like this was likely to pick up pace far quicker than someone without the ex forest links. Just another one to add to a long list of ill advised decision's from the powers at the top, their lack of diligence at times is breathtaking. All I would say is, he isn't going to get sacked, nor should he be, we are already an unattractive prospect, imagine how worse than would be sacking a guy 2 games into a season where it's plain to see we are woefully short of Premier league quality up front. Like it or not we are stuck with eachother and the best chance we have of staying up is sticking together and trying to help him get the best out of a team that is short. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes as its undeniable he made some today. It's also now up to the club to give him some goals by the end of the week.
-
I have a feeling he just doesn't know what to do with Ricardo, he's not the type of player he likes, he likes players that run alot and wants full backs that can run up and down which isn't Ricardo's game. One things for sure he will need to find a way to use him, he's still one of our best players, and we need more players like him if we are hell bent on playing wingers like ayew and BDR who just run alot. Always a red flag for me when managers come in and marginalise teams better players.
-
I was not prepared for this at all. Haha Haunting
-
Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
He works hard, but he is a winger in an already very defensively minded team, he simply has to offer more going forward, hold the ball up, bring the team up the field. Maybe he didn't fancy it against his old club, but he was really poor. I'm surprised he lasted 60 minutes, at least cooper did acknowledge he was having a shocker. -
I said before the game leaving Ricardo out is putting a target on his back. I have some sympathy for him, we've failed miserably to give him goals, but also he seems obsessed with players that run alot rather than footballers. But there's no real style or tactical approach, it's got "just stay in the game if possible" vibes and we look like a team that feel we don't belong and aren't good enough. Got to keep the faith we can add some goals or we have no chance no matter who is in charge.
-
Who knew signing defensive wingers who don't score would mean we would look utterly toothless going forward. Huge week for us, we simply have to add goals.
-
100% this, very underwhelmed with BDR. I do expect skipp to be decent, could be seeing the end of ndidi and just being a guy we bring on to defend a lead.
-
No Ricardo, no party
-
Safety first team. Very defensive. Painful to see the lack of goals and creativity in the squad. But if we can play like the 2nd half on Monday we have a chance. Don't really understand the marginalisation of Ricardo, Cooper putting a target on his back with that one. Could go either way this one, it's one thing to get up for it at home to a top 6 side another against good mid table sides away.
-
I get Ipswich were right behind us, but I think we had the basis of a premier league squad that just needed a bit of depth and some quality, where as I think as good as they were they would of got (and they still may do) battered every week in the prem. Alot of the signings they made are great for them, but I dont think would improve us enough to wish we had them. However the profile of player they have targeted is something I wish we had of looked at, perhaps we still will.
-
I guess when you look at last season he's KDH. But he certainly makes us alot better in a crucial position now he's gone. I agree skipp will be an improvement on Ndidi. I think the biggest issue is just we lost goals and we haven't addressed it, we've sort of got to about where we were last season as a squad and we have to find a striker that could score 10+ or so goals.
-
They might of read this thread and thought it's probably best not to announce this one formally. Ha
-
Agreed, I've been saying this all off season about the need from prem experience. We already have it. It's certainly a manager signing. Which in the modern game with proper DoFs rarely seem to work out. To move it away from Leicester, Brighton signed a few players last year for De Zerbi which went against their recruitment strategy and they didn't work out. He's now gone and they are stuck with them. We will need to see where we are at the end of the transfer window on this, the reported numbers aside (which are a horrific overpay) if Ayew is one of 3 more signings and we get some exciting forward prospects, you can live with it and think he can be a useful squad player. If at the end of it he turned out to be our last signing then serious questions need to be asked.
-
Agreed, I am hopeful we are still in for Fotis Ionnadis, but we are having to wait for Lens to hopefully knock them out of europe, which would leave it very late, and we are not great at getting deals done quickly. But it is largely out of our control if that is someone we want. Either way, if we do not get goals into this team I just cant see how we stay up.
-
I think Dastro Fofana is going to be the fall back on deadline day if we can't get anything proper over the line
-
Certainly a risk, the only thing I would say is they essentially came up with team on a league one budget and most of the players they have bought won't be on silly wages, unless babylon John is consulting.
-
Like I say, very odd.
-
I know there are a couple of Rudkin defenders still out there. Very odd. But this deal in particular highlights just how slow we move, there's barely any competition, we've known about it for literal weeks and even with us grossly over paying, cooper said a few are basically done on Monday....and it's still not done.
-
If you replace Fulham with Leicester it all of a sudden becomes very believable
-
Especially for a team that's going to be deducted points for PSR breaches.
