-
Posts
1,145 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Iwebema
-
Hes citing the inability to build a squad and get the team ready given the season has started. Would suggest every english team is off the table, and probably gives a window into any potential buyers thought process, they may be waiting to see how this season pans out before coming to the table.
-
Fair enough, I'll say with Faes who has been pushing for a move for multiple years, not even getting a look in, suggests he might finally be off. Leaves us with 2 centre backs by all acounts, both of which dont really want to be here, even if they are being professional about it.
-
Hmmm, we must be doing something With Nelsen out for the season and not signing a new deal, Faes no longer listed and trying to find a move, mixed with Okoli and Souttar both ideally wanting to move on, its a bit of a mess.
-
https://youtu.be/T144DSEotsM?is=u3T4NnW4XReMII3s
-
Northampton Match Thread Carabao Cup KO 3pm 08/08/2026
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
Well Okoli's was more of a fundamental issue to playing this type of football....hence its a worry...souttars was more of he was a bit lazy at points, but he cleaned up pretty much everything, I am assuming, hes probably held back a bit because of the transfer rumours, but after the first pass he was good in possession. -
Northampton Match Thread Carabao Cup KO 3pm 08/08/2026
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
I think the reaction from some is a bit OTT. Not that it was good, but it was clear that quite a few were getting up to speed. I was impressed with us off the ball, braybrooke looked excellent, Joseph played well. I thought souttar was cut above, but he definitely wasnt 100% at it. Mavididi was awful, I hope someone comes in for him. Okoli worries me playing out of the back, he just cant do it, so many dreadful passes. Sign a CB or 2, keep souttar, find a striker and give the team time to get used to it, I still think we can have a good season. I am not convinced Martins football is going to work when we play teams that are better than us, but for this season at least it should be ok. -
Northampton Match Thread Carabao Cup KO 3pm 08/08/2026
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
Positive The right hand side trio Joseph, braybrooke and Alves has been bright, just a bit sloppy at times. The press off the ball is much better. Souttar, even though you can tell hes holding back a bit, still defending well and organising. Alves wants to take the full back we need to encourage him to do more of if and build some confidence Braybrooke in general, best player in the pitch. Negative Too slow with the ball Okoli trying to play it out from the back.... The same old faces Mavididi and BDR in particular are killing us trying to create anything, theres no movement for anyone to even try and thread a ball through. We desperately need a striker or 2. -
Northampton Match Thread Carabao Cup KO 3pm 08/08/2026
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
There's just very little movement up front. Our off the ball press has been much better than the last few years, but its all too static. At least Alves is having a go at the wing backs instead of just passing is backwards. -
Northampton Match Thread Carabao Cup KO 3pm 08/08/2026
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
Braybrooke, Alves and Jospeh looking lively, a bit rusty with the final passes. Mavididi absolutely awful. Luke Thomas, other than a decent corner, lightweight, nervous, out of his depth defensively. Bobby reid not running in behind making it difficult for the attacking midfielders to find a pass. Just a lack of movement in general up top. Desperately need a striker. -
Northampton Match Thread Carabao Cup KO 3pm 08/08/2026
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
We've scored from a corner!!! -
Pre Match - Northampton (H) - Carabao Cup - Saturday 3pm
Iwebema replied to Big_Nige's topic in Leicester City Forum
Should be on sky sports + -
Pretty much, dreadful recruitment and contract management of the players we had is the root cause. Its painfully obvious the people running the show are not football people and are just out of their depth chancers.
-
I'm similar in terms of the negativity it is tough to just forgive and forget. For what its worth for this season I can see some positive signs! I do think Mccaron is making a bit of a difference, even if its just the speed and turn over of players that historically we've been appalling at. Whilst I do have reservations on the length of this deal, the profile for me is different, but we are going to need to see how is all plays out, I do reiterate that we are seeing some signs to be slightly positive! I would also say that the club internally is still a mess, it sounds like Mccaron and RM are trying their best to get on with bringing positivity on the pitch, but internally its a mess, regardless of what Facebook etc think, the non playing staff at the club are extremely angry at Top and his cronies. I do think the sale is inevitable, but if you think about how much weve dug in over the years on transfers, the same principles will apply here aswell. Then again if we apply those principles then he will say no to every offer until administration and probably wish he'd just taken one.
-
Sam Gallagher 👀👀👀
-
Summer 26 Transfer rumours 'X' and other Weak Links
Iwebema replied to davieG's topic in Transfer Talk
This does feel like Rudkin rage bait and is unlikely to be true....but you absolutely could believe it given the track record! -
Genoa - Friendly - KO 19:30 - Filbert Way
Iwebema replied to Spudulike's topic in Leicester City Forum
I think the system, the press and the style was positive, certainly in the first half. Echoing what everyone else is saying but its clear we need CBs and a main striker. I think if you mix that with what we have (mavididi and a couple of the CBs anticipated to leave) I think we have a good squad, but its crucial we fill those holes before the Notts county game -
Watching the Rangers game last night, it was clear there is only one man that could of unlocked Dundee. Come on Rangers, do the right thing.
-
Swansea fans saying its 1.5m, doubling on conditions around promotion. I actually dont mind the signing, im just surprised we are paying money for anyone and if we are paying what their fans suggest, are we sure he is the one to spend it on, frees and loans you take what you can right, but when you have some money options open up. That said I do think he will do well in League one for us and if he scores 15+ and we get promoted we will likely all look back and think, ok, surprised we paid the money but its worked out.
-
I sm sure I read last year that we had been borrowing money in anticipation that long term premier league football was inevitable and the 2nd relegation was just an unfortunate blip. So the answer to your question is staggering delusion and incompetence of the highest order.
-
Its mad to me how we are favourites to go up. Our team is essentially our academy, conor chaplin and a bunch of misfits who dont really want to be here and we cant shift. The mis management is off the scale. Surely even the Facebook lot are looking at the squad and thinking weve sold 50m and we still cant buy anyone 3 weeks out from the start of the season. Its a disaster that most of us on here saw coming.
-
Your average foxestalk poster could piece together the mess. Imagine what the professionals think, they know KP are desperate and in financial disarray, I imagine there is interest but they know that price will come down.
-
They are also selling because theyve properly messed it up both on the pitch and off the pitch financially. The group of fans being rightfully annoyed by the downfall hasnt played a big role in them finally exploring selling their own incompetence has lead to it even if people refuse to believe it.
-
Abdul Fatawu sold to Ipswich Town - Official
Iwebema replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Don't knock it, that got Rudkin a promotion -
This is Mccaron, Richards was never going to make it to the level we wanted. I've never seen us so active in getting rid of players outside of the obvious ones. We have 10+ years of evidence showing how Rudkin operates and its not like this. Will wait to see where the squad ends up in a few weeks, but encouraging start.
- 36 replies
-
- 19
-
-
Dont see the issue with 3 years, I doubt hes on huge wages like Ayew/BDCR and by all accounts wont be as shocking. Please 🙏 good enough for a promotion season and a stabilise in the championship one
