-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
Yeah that will haunt them forever, especially with where things are going this season. I think if Glasner goes, it's game over for this golden period. But I don't see him turning it around, either.
-
That foul throw near the end was absolutely shambolic. Summed up Palace today.
-
Used to work in Macc and was there shortly before the collapse. Incredible to see
-
Cheltenham Town F.A Cup 3rd round match thread
fox_up_north replied to lanefox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Sod this I'm switching to Macclesfield Palace -
Cheltenham Town F.A Cup 3rd round match thread
fox_up_north replied to lanefox's topic in Leicester City Forum
So you're saying we'd suit League One? -
Cheltenham Town F.A Cup 3rd round match thread
fox_up_north replied to lanefox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Did I just pick up a tone of criticism from the commentary? "He signed for a very significant figure a few years ago but that was a very smart finish" -
Cheltenham Town F.A Cup 3rd round match thread
fox_up_north replied to lanefox's topic in Leicester City Forum
I'd rather he just score 5 league goals tbh -
Cheltenham Town F.A Cup 3rd round match thread
fox_up_north replied to lanefox's topic in Leicester City Forum
WHAT? More of that please -
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Local parkruns have all pre emptively cancelled 2 weeks running, only for things to turn out fine on the day. I am unreasonably annoyed by this. -
So, just to confirm, American politicians are annoyed that we have concerns a social media platform hosted in their country has a feature that allows you to digitally manipulate photos of children to sexualise them. And they're threatening sanctions if we decide to take action? We need our government to lead the way and just stop using Twitter. Shut their accounts. Just post on .gov
-
A mate of mine moved to California a few years ago. I check in on him from time to time. One of his last messages to me was (slight paraphrasing) - "I've been told to avoid ICE protests and agents because I'm an immigrant but because I'm white English I should be ok" He has since decided he might move back. Absolutely boggles my mind.
-
It is but there's the January premium and whether anyone wants to plonk for him now, when they could get him for less in summer. Is there anyone currently in dire need of a winger who has the money to justify it? The bottom 3 of EPL look sorted, so they won't bother. I can't speak for European teams as I don't really follow them but I can't see any of them, barring Spain, ponying up £20+ million for a January winger.
-
After deduction. If season finished now and we were deducted 6 points, we'd finish 18th. 9 points and it's 20th. A deduction is coming. The club will have to weigh up what they do if an offer comes in during this window. Big enough offer they may take the money and risk losing what he brings, in the hope it pays off financially. They may look at Birmingham and say "what's one year in League One?" There's also the fact Abdul may think "sod off" to finishing mid table in Championship if he gets offered top flight football.
-
Unsure whether he goes this window. Can't see anyone desperate enough to take the plunge and he wouldn't be a punt for some club. If we lose him mid season, coupled with points deduction above 6 and we're definitely looking at double drop to League One. It's whether we hypothetically take £30 million now and risk the drop or £20 million in summer having finished 20th after deduction.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
We're now in the most deadly phase of running - slippery and icy all over the place. Even walking the other day had me being tentative. Treadmill it is! -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Hahaha smashed it -
Does this mean we're due a run of good ones?
-
That is so undeserved
-
Christ this is dreadful. Not seeing the prem for a while.
-
Genuinely can't remember the last time commentators had to apologise so much for the language
-
WBA fans sticking the boot in
-
Absolutely been coming. After the goal it's just been a dreadful lull with crap passes and no pace
-
Yes. More of that.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
His press conference screamed "sack me". They should hold a press conference where they draw the next manager out of the hat. The draw will be done by a hammered Rod Stewart. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Bottom 3 look all but confirmed
