-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
If Top *did* sell - who do you think might buy the club?
fox_up_north replied to Stadt's topic in Leicester City Forum
Mike Ashley genuinely isn't the worst we could get, now. There's far, far worse than him. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Raheem "I've always fancied a house in Quorn" Sterling -
As if someone pressed Triangle to send the keeper up and it bloody worked
-
Realistic Managerial Replacements
fox_up_north replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
Yeah I don't want Nigel back. Unlikely to work this time. At best, he'd keep us in the division and then bugger off in summer. Stay away and get well, Nige. -
Cheers you just made me spit my drink out
-
I had a leasehold terrace. £1.50 per year. Pay by cheque only to a PO Box with no name. A grumble but I could do it. Out of the blue - £400 "new mortgage fee". Essentially they charged £400 for fuch all because a new mortgage was taken out on the property. Given I had a 25 year mortgage and would likely be swapping a minimum of 4 times for fixed rates that's an extra £1200 (before inflation) for sod all. My advisor was gobsmacked that it was even a thing.
-
Something something there's a player in there
-
Up until the interview I wasn't entirely KP out but more "get the house in order". It's clear we are somewhere near the bottom of the list of concerns. That's not great but I could kind of understand that he, naively, assumed the UK-based team would keep everything running and there would be a minimum floor of mid table championship to fall to. It's not good but it's still an asset that mostly manages itself. However, to see the attitude and blinkered approach laid bare suggests that he just isn't fit for the job. He is unable to make decisions of this nature and I can imagine KP SLT in Thailand will also be looking to manage him. No idea how Thai businesses work, mind. They could all be yes men who kowtow to him because he's the son.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Nice work JJ #1 -
Positive. I like it.
-
Choudhury at LB?
-
Yeah. Like...mate we're potentially about to see the US invade an EU country. Nobody cares about whether you get on with your mum. Yet the journalists still bang on about it.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
What a goal -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Bournemouth playing some lovely stuff. That overhead through ball was beautiful. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Christ he could have scored a goal from it when you see it back. If he didn't dive, he had enough time to dink it -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Harsh if he gives it -
I remember a friend telling me nearly 20 years ago he felt we would be the last generation to fully live and we'd see the decline, but he saw it more as "we'll benefit from the most achieved". I laughed, at the time. China's population has now hit steady decline and will be half at 2100 or so. That seems to be the only way things change. Massive decrease in birth rates, about 30-40 years of the old enduring unpleasantness and around 2120 might be improving.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Tbf Leicester is only a couple of hours up the M1. Lead training via Teams and he can WFH few days a week. -
The reason the reserve keeper for Senegal was anywhere near the pitch was because Morocco players, ballboys and staff nicked the opposition keeper's towel in both the Nigeria semi and during the final. There is footage of Hakimi taking a towel and throwing it into the crowd. How that wasn't an instant red shows either corruption or incompetence
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Suggestions on relatively waterproof goretex road runners? Tried trail shoes and mixed but they are like running in football boots on anything but mud. Picked up some Nike Vomero which felt great in the shop but on a road are a bit too hard. I know some people say "just suck it up" with wet feet but I can't. Absolutely knackers my skin and I blister up easily. -
Wow. The level of arrogance that ball boys and other players can encroach on the pitch with no comeuppance astounds me.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Shocking from Villa but fair play to Everton. None of top 4 winning on the whole weekend. Ridiculous. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Glad I didn't bother with that one but fair play to Wolves. Derby likely to retain their record for another year. If you look at it from a positive - 3 draws and 1 win from their last 4. At least there's some fight. Maybe? -
Heard the Jenrick announcement on the radio. Farage spends 5 minutes saying Kemi jumped the gun and he isn't joining. Then says he is and announces him. Jenrick is lost somewhere in the building and doesn't appear.
-
I believe both Rambo 3 and one of the Dalton Bonds refer to the brave fighters of the Mujahedeen
