-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
Basically confirms end of AJ's career. That cringe promo after Usyk lives in my head. Man had such an overinflated opinion of himself and would have been schooled, in an earlier era. Can only face what's in front of you and he's still achieved far more than 99% boxers ever will. Take the payday and bugger off into the sunset. I won't be watching.
-
'I Want People To Be Closer' - Khun Top Speaks
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Clearly rattled -
Just on this...I don't pay it. I don't watch live TV - my TV isn't even connected to an aerial, so no reason to pay. I don't really do any of the major streaming services, either. No Netflix or Disney in my house. But I do think it is unfair to charge people who don't watch BBC. If I was interested in wrestling or paying for Sky football, I shouldn't be charged for the privilege - above the cost of the actual product.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
I considered applying for London but marathon training eats so much time. Think I might only do one every 3-4 years. Defo piled on a couple kilos the last month as well so running is harder. Aiming to get back to sub 11 stone by the end of November. -
Having done bits and pieces with BBC journos and other sources over a 4 year period around uni, approx 15 years ago - they do have an air of self importance. They believe they are right and they are the best. They are also considerably stuck in certain ways. This has positives and negatives, of course. However, they are broadly the most reliable because of the trust they have built and the connections that come with it. A state, independent broadcaster, is important. I personally think strip back a lot of it and provide things people can't get elsewhere. Lose things like Match of the Day, where youtube has recaps of all games. Replace it with a focus on lesser covered sports and engagement for people. Their children's output is second to none and so important for combating the Tik Tok generation brainrot stuff. More of that, proper news and regional stuff.
-
It's such a tough one as the players do shoulder so much of the blame and ever since Enzo it's just got worse. Ironically, Cooper would have probably been the man for us now. If you cut Marti, where do you go to replace? Do you promise them January money or say "this is the squad, make do"? Then you're potentially steering off good candidates
-
It was the pass to Ayew with the free kick after the red that I knew. He had a chance to cross or move but just allowed himself to get swarmed. Saw it coming.
-
You have to laugh, really
-
FFS that's in my head now
-
Put the house on it
-
Heard a bloke who also confronted him and basically lost a finger. The attitude to just stand someone off and focus on drawing attention away is unreal. Making the world a better place.
-
That would apply for those who have a range of mental health issues/ disabilities but surely the priority and focus should be on security and restrictions of those who pose serious physical threats?
-
The question does remain though as to how you treat those with violent and sexual tendencies. I've seen the inside of a secure unit and there are people there who just absolutely would not function in society, no matter how hard you try. They can never be released, as they have repeatedly shown a risk to others.
-
While those are knife offences, that will include possession off, threatening to use and stabbings. Those stabbings, as we know from the news - are rarely targeted at strangers. They'll be knife attacks between young men who know each other.
-
Same. What I pay for a gig is about what I'd pay for City but I'm guaranteed fun for 2 hours, rather than what I'm served up at the ground. If it didn't cost the best part of £45 you can stomach it but 2 hour drive each way, plus cost, plus drab performance. I can pay a tenner and watch my local non league get demolished but at least I know it's paying to keep the lights on and for some lads to be able to play. If it was £15-20 at KP, I'd have no problem justifying it.
-
Blackburn (H) Sat 1 Nov @12:30, pre-match
fox_up_north replied to Phil Mitchell's topic in Leicester City Forum
Danny Ward flashback. Cheers for that. -
It's funny but you just kind of accepted it at the time but that Norwich team was awful. Didn't they have that Scandi striker who was top tier "good on Football Manager" material?
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
There's absolutely an adjustment period but something has definitely gone wrong in that dressing room. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
What a sad little life, Man United -
3-4 weeks ago I'd have laughed at the notion. Now....
-
Who replaces him? These players have been crap under numerous managers. 3 signings all deadline day loans. Marti may not make the best decisions but he is far down the list of issues I have.
-
Hull 2-1 LCFC, post-match thread
fox_up_north replied to Phil Mitchell's topic in Leicester City Forum
Fair play to them all. Playing with heart and desire. -
Oh ffs what now?
-
More of this please
-
Yes, rub salt in the wound
