-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
The heat saps you. How African runners do it, I'll never know. I'm inching down to 26 minutes flat. Did 3 miles in 25:50 - but that included having to cross roads. So I'd like to think it's very doable. -
Should the manager be appointed today and start work tomorrow, that gives them about 22/23 working days to be ready for the season. Absolutely mental.
-
So we got rid of Ruud with no one lined up, just before pre season? Surely a statement of "we are in discussions but will say nothing further, as they are still ongoing" would do? Or are they that bad at this?
-
I really don't think the two big League One sides will make the impact some do. Birmingham at least have recent experience at this level but the step up to Champo is pretty big. It's easy to assume with "the right signings" but the truth is you've always got 3 Prem teams, plus maybe 2 on parachute payments who know how to yo yo. There'll also be a lot of people baying for Wrexham blood. Everyone I know wants to see them given a kicking.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
At least we don't have to refer to No.5 anymore and Arsenal fans can shut up defending him -
Tbf, given the Jota news, I think everyone is probably leaving announcements for the weekend or Monday.
-
Surely, given the time we've had, they'd want to get whoever in for start of pre season?
-
Jesus christ I'm genuinely shocked. That's horrific.
-
They put out a statement it's personal. Fair enough but maybe don't come in?
-
Saying he's "hugely admired" is just like at school when you'd ask a mate to ask someone out for you
-
Lifetime ban for you
-
Hang on he's my age? On that basis - no. Football managers should always be older than me.
-
I saw Bob Vylan years ago as I'm punk scene adjacent. They're from the absolutely cringe British school of punk that goes for easy wins of "down with the Tories" and sounds dreadful. What Americans did with the genre was far more interesting. We should stick to metal, dance and indie.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Did my first parkrun in months, over the weekend. I've never been a huge fan of my local course as it's multiple inclines over uneven ground and s few bottlenecks. It's also not 5k and closer to 4.25k. That said, I cracked top 30 for the first time and was only about 4.5 mins slower than first place. Absolutely made up with that! -
Yeah and now we've gone, Everton can go back to being shafted
-
I feel for the girl but it's absolutely shocking that nobody at the school, least of all a safeguarding officer, rang her mum. That's the first thing we do. Been naughty that requires more than a detention over lunch? Ring parents. Given the prevalence of county lines in this country, the fact that the first option was to strip search rather than ask and consider HOW a 15 year old girl came to smell so strongly of weed, baffles me. I'm glad the cops involved have been named and struck off. That a school staff member didn't intervene and say "we would like to have a trusted adult here first" is beyond me.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Upper body is VERY useful. Especially shoulders. Once you get past about 18 miles your shoulders will hurt, so any kind of press, lateral raise or rotation will be great. Romanian/ straight leg deadlifts are also great for back support. -
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
I massively cut back on leg day during marathon training. Ironically just did it for the first time, post marathon, the other day - about 3 weeks since I ran and several months since a proper session. Really feel it now! Honestly, the amount of running you need to do to prepare for a marathon makes doing proper leg sessions risky. In my experience, leg exercises are the ones most prone to **** ups and issues. Doing your body weight or more for squats and then having to fit in 5-8 miles the following day is so risky. The focus should be on running load, stretches and mobility. -
Ideal scenario is someone comes in, takes us up, survives and then gets poached for a sum. Won't happen though.
-
The reason it makes the news is precisely because it's so uncommon. At any one time millions of people are up the air but the list of fatal crashes is miniscule. Helicopters, though... I'm less inclined to ride a commercial one of those.
-
I fly a few times a year. Granted I'm not a million miles from a major airport but I've not had any issues. Flew through security last week both out and back. From landing to out the terminal was 12 minutes in Manchester.
-
Great that's my dinner come back up
-
Could we hire someone as "Leicester City Manager Ruud Van Nistelrooy" Then when PSR look they see everything is perfectly normal Top Rudkin Leicester City Manager Ruud Van Nistelrooy ("Neil Warnock" to his mates)
-
No, not Coady! Please don't take him! ...
