Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Foxdiamond

Member
  • Posts

    6,722
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Foxdiamond

  1. Familiar with The Our Mutual Friend in Broadwater Crescent perhaps?
  2. I suppose as an older bloke it is natural to get jaded and cynical to some extent. Even allowing for that doesn't explain how horribly unlikable and overblown so called elite football has become. As you say we are obsessed with our club for better or worse. I fell in love with the game in the 60s. Not perfect as many grounds were very dated even then and pitches were mud baths from November. There was though a simple beauty about the sport not yet ruined by greed.
  3. Yes such a lazy method to lump people together. Not like all pensioners have the same lifestyle assets etc. when folk try to say we all voted for selling the silver or Thatcher and what followed is wrong too. Unfortunately with our first past the post system and that Labour was in serious disarray the Conservatives did what they wanted much to my everlasting chagrin
  4. Without wanting to defend Man City especially as their antics were not simply to compete in the Premier League but to obliterate all rivals. FFP is obviously nearly as bad because it protected the richer clubs and inhibits fair competition. Surely there is a fairer and better way to protect clubs from reckless owners but at the same time allows investment to challenge for honours etc
  5. Typical Leicester to look at self flagellation while the biggest case of fiddling concerning another club even after we have been punished and languish in the third tier
  6. Ah Chelsea. Funny how over the last 15-20 years Chelsea and Man City infiltrated the top six as permanent fixtures
  7. Transfer ban is not punishment enough. If not relegated should be a high number of points for at least 5 seasons
  8. Think you might be over estimating us and under estimating Stevenage at Broadhall Way
  9. Oh yeah the outrageous fees we paid for Vardy, Albrighton, Huth, Mahrez etc really puts us on a par with Manchester City
  10. Obviously better from England. What I can't stand is when we have a free kick and turn inward towards our own goal. You can see immediate pressure that can be avoided by not being so negative
  11. How about 20 points deduction for 5 consecutive seasons. Just a random thought
  12. Putting aside what effect it had on us the real test of the mettle for the authorities is what punishment they have in mind for Man City. The perception is that clubs outside the usual suspects are easy to punish whatever they have been found guilty of. Chelsea got off lightly but surely Man City are way off the scale. But they are not Luton, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester etc. Will the sentence suit the crimes?
  13. Does seem inconsistent. A little bit of To Encourage The Others?
  14. I think some Brits have a strange attitude to alcohol. Akin to putting young kids unattended in a sweet shop. Don't know when to stop or overdo it just because they can
  15. Duration of a football match. Surely not asking too much to go without alcohol for this. Agree terrible idea. I know watching us can be torture but booze won't help you
  16. Only after pilots and observers started taking pot shots with revolvers and rifles. Inevitable I suppose.
  17. And just to add the aeroplanes of 1914 were scouts rather than fighters.
  18. If only train fares were not so expensive
  19. As a 70 year old I found 70 Up emotional
  20. This scum bag could be locked up for another 60 plus years. I don't agree with the death penalty but I do like the idea this monster suffers something more than a secure hospital
  21. As a song once said I'm not a man that likes to swear but I never cared for the sound of being alone
×
×
  • Create New...