Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Foxdiamond

Member
  • Posts

    6,722
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Foxdiamond

  1. Never been that impressed with Trigger Point. For bomb disposal type programme the WW2 classic made in the 70s I think it was Danger UXB was very good.
  2. Surely whatever the complications Martin has to go if we lose at Stockport particularly if by more than the odd goal
  3. Is it the place or feeling of not being home?
  4. Well it keeps the grass green
  5. Parallels with Ukraine perhaps?
  6. From the allied point of view I think the thought was if they don't try and kick the Germans out of most of Belgium and large parts of Northern France they will stay there. This meant engagement of offensives where for a large part of the war the defender had the advantage. The tragedy of course was the war starting in the first place
  7. I agree though many didn't hold that view at the time or afterwards. The war poets and some famous literature did a lot to change the opinions the general public. I think a lot of veterans resented the Lions Led By Donkeys trope.
  8. This reminds me of reading about ww1 airmen shot down in combat without a parachute. Some jumped some stayed in the aeroplane. A few took a loaded revolver to resolve the situation. Mostly aged 19 or early 20s
  9. Seen a bit of Stevenage as my grandson is a fan. Certainly a club punching above its weight.
  10. Yeah those I remember moments are etched on the mind. As well as Diana and 9/11 the others for me as a kid I remember JFK, RFK and the Aberfan disaster.
  11. I was at work and a chap came back from lunch and said an aeroplane has flown into the World Trade Center. I said what a light aircraft? He said no a big airliner. As the afternoon went on someone looking at BBC News said the towers have now collapsed. It was surreal but awful. I got home and my wife and daughter who was preparing to go to university had been transfixed by the tv news. A friend had rung my daughter to say turn on the telly something bad is happening in New York. A few days later on a train they announced a minutes silence and the whole packed train was completely still.
  12. One thing that accelerated after the terrible events of 9/11 was the end of the US romantic view of the IRA
  13. In the meantime some people fiddle while the earth burns
  14. Not sure if to post here or the Unpopular Opinions. People really need to reduce flying.
  15. Probably just that I've not seen that show
  16. He was also very good in The Gold. Not a hint of his Scottish accent in that. A cockney type criminal
  17. Particularly the public that would want to vote in this sort of nonsense
  18. 100% this
  19. In this instance the age thing may be a help. Although still passionate about the club I'm more able to keep things in perspective. If this was happening when I was in 20s or 30s etc I would be apoplectic
  20. Over 60 years as a fan. Often in the top division but sometimes in the 2nd division but looking to get back up pronto. Then a period in the lower half of second tier and that was a drop in my horizon. Yo yo club but only between the higher two divisions. Drop to 3rd level in 2008 was a shock but club rectified situation and of course then came the deepest purple patch ever. Now back to the third tier with real prospect of falling further. Flummoxed as how this has been allowed to happen and no confidence that the slide can be stopped and turned around
  21. I feel that actually giving Martin the job was asking for the failed style
  22. Unforgivable loutish behaviour. Also that people travel to beautiful places presumably to enjoy then trash the place. The lack of decency is staggering.
  23. The barmy idea of passing the ball around the back at our level. I think we are all angry and exhausted at the rate of our decline which is actually accelerating under Martin
  24. Fearful of getting walloped at Stockport. Crying out loud. What does the club actually expect and what is the deadline when clear improvement for all to see?
×
×
  • Create New...