Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Foxdiamond

Member
  • Posts

    6,722
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Foxdiamond

  1. Yet still some silly sods think everything is just dandy
  2. Drives me nuts when people try to describe this drought as just summer. Had a 12 minutes shower over two weeks ago and this was the only rain in two months.
  3. Agree about test cricket and I'm not young either. Good point about youngsters. My grandson seems to like it
  4. Seems a bit like making the goals bigger in football
  5. Hope you like it. Good director Roy Baker and excellent cast. As well as John Mills, Richard Attenborough, Nigel Patrick, George Cole, Bernard Lee etc.
  6. Are you familiar with Morning Departure?
  7. Not a great Hundred fan but why are there so many short boundaries at places like Lords?
  8. Highly recommend Detective Story 1951. Fantastic moving performance from Kirk Douglas
  9. If you are interested in ww1 aviation I recommend No Parachute by Arthur Gould Lee who was a pilot during that war.
  10. Went for a country walk today. Walked through a village green where there is wooden bench donated in memory of a former villager. Some prat very recently has bearing in mind the hot weather has laid a disposal bbq which has burnt through the bench. Could have caused a fire and certainly ruined the bench.
  11. I hadn't heard it. Gave it a listen and thought it very ordinary at best. On the plus side I have noticed some younger people appreciate music from artists from the past that they may never of heard of otherwise
  12. I've seen a few League One games and it surprised me how well smaller creative speedy players showed up
  13. I like a bit of country rock. Also like Sinatra and Nat.
  14. The lawn and grass around has now gone from straw coloured to a sort of bleached white
  15. Your neighbour is a rat
  16. Was jealous of the rain at Leeds at the Hundred. Absolutely parched here.
  17. Back in June celebrated 50 years since I met my wife and next June it will be 50 years married. In the words of the song who knows where the time goes
  18. While I'm recommending old British black and white films. Ring of Spies from 1964 with Bernard Lee is very good. Based on the real life Portland Spy Ring case.
  19. Had a quick look. Looks very good. I usually watch these films with my wife. She might find the subject matter a bit upsetting. Of course I recognise the Goldfinger actor. I also noticed the pedlar bloke was in The Train with Burt Lancaster
  20. Hope you enjoy. Jack Warner in it but Dixon Of Dock Green it ain't. Lots of location shots of Brighton when it was a bit seedy in the 60s makes for a good atmosphere for this type of film
  21. Ah yes Melville. I will have to look up It Happened In Broad Daylight
  22. A good police procedural of 1962 British film which is surprisingly good is Jigsaw directed by Val Guest. Good twists and turns
×
×
  • Create New...