Foxdiamond
Member-
Posts
6,722 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Foxdiamond
-
Yet still some silly sods think everything is just dandy
-
Drives me nuts when people try to describe this drought as just summer. Had a 12 minutes shower over two weeks ago and this was the only rain in two months.
-
Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)
Foxdiamond replied to leicsmac's topic in General Football and Sport
Agree about test cricket and I'm not young either. Good point about youngsters. My grandson seems to like it -
Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)
Foxdiamond replied to leicsmac's topic in General Football and Sport
Seems a bit like making the goals bigger in football -
Hope you like it. Good director Roy Baker and excellent cast. As well as John Mills, Richard Attenborough, Nigel Patrick, George Cole, Bernard Lee etc.
-
Are you familiar with Morning Departure?
-
Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)
Foxdiamond replied to leicsmac's topic in General Football and Sport
Not a great Hundred fan but why are there so many short boundaries at places like Lords? -
Highly recommend Detective Story 1951. Fantastic moving performance from Kirk Douglas
-
Went for a country walk today. Walked through a village green where there is wooden bench donated in memory of a former villager. Some prat very recently has bearing in mind the hot weather has laid a disposal bbq which has burnt through the bench. Could have caused a fire and certainly ruined the bench.
-
I've seen a few League One games and it surprised me how well smaller creative speedy players showed up
-
Ure jokes are bad
-
I like a bit of country rock. Also like Sinatra and Nat.
-
The lawn and grass around has now gone from straw coloured to a sort of bleached white
-
Your neighbour is a rat
-
Was jealous of the rain at Leeds at the Hundred. Absolutely parched here.
-
Burt, Hal and Gene
-
While I'm recommending old British black and white films. Ring of Spies from 1964 with Bernard Lee is very good. Based on the real life Portland Spy Ring case.
-
Had a quick look. Looks very good. I usually watch these films with my wife. She might find the subject matter a bit upsetting. Of course I recognise the Goldfinger actor. I also noticed the pedlar bloke was in The Train with Burt Lancaster
-
Hope you enjoy. Jack Warner in it but Dixon Of Dock Green it ain't. Lots of location shots of Brighton when it was a bit seedy in the 60s makes for a good atmosphere for this type of film
-
Ah yes Melville. I will have to look up It Happened In Broad Daylight
-
A good police procedural of 1962 British film which is surprisingly good is Jigsaw directed by Val Guest. Good twists and turns
