Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Foxdiamond

Member
  • Posts

    6,722
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Foxdiamond

  1. The ignorant sods are showing off thinking how cool they are. That it is so common is rather depressing
  2. Don't have to travel far to come across ignorance unfortunately
  3. Can't help but think authorities be that Police and other agencies have been looking the wrong way when these places proliferation was seen
  4. Take it that deafness was the issue? No less annoying when you are on the receiving end
  5. Further to the music in public places. There seems to be a tendency to want to fill the quiet with amplified music. I noticed at Queens tennis tournament that pop tunes blared out during player change overs as if the audience having a quick chat between points would create a boring atmosphere. Luckily I don't think they do it at Wimbledon
  6. I've suffered some of this too. Only music I want to hear in the garden is the birds singing
  7. Burnham to look at the early release scheme for prisoners. We all know the pressure on prisons but it sticks in the throat that prisoners can be released early for this reason when sentences surely in line with the crime committed. I know about remission etc but the thought that people guilty of murder, rape etc can benefit because the prisons are creaking must be wrong. I would have guessed that there are other less serious crimes that should take up all the early releases.
  8. Both very antisocial in my book. The absolute lack of self awareness and consideration for others makes me sick. Imagine if we all did this. What an awful cacophony
  9. I remember when my house was new. There was no lawn just earth that needed a good raking over. Meant you could lay turf or seed as much or little as you wanted. Only a small back garden but possibly bigger than some. No front garden so we have pots and troughs for plants. I think the important thing is to use as many plants and shrubs that support butterflies, bees, other insects and birds
  10. Hello Goodbye
  11. The Argentine cocked it up by invading the islands back in 1982. I don't see the French getting in a fit over the channels islands despite once belonging to Normandy that is now part of France. As far as the football is concerned and putting aside the banner the Argentine team should temper national pride with a bit of dignity and good grace in victory and defeat. Too many of the players were cynical spoilers who didn't care how they won. Shame really as they are obviously talented footballers
  12. Yes. Thought we had a chance when Lenny got our equaliser but Keegan had other ideas. Saw him play against West Ham too when in London with my Hammers mate.
  13. Was fortunate to see him play at his peak for Liverpool
  14. Just to add. Definitely born during the baby boom years but certainly not a Reform type.
  15. The problem with the banner is that it is clearly against Fifa rules. Other players have been punished for similar. Putting aside the silly half time nonsense what is really spoiling the game is cynical dirty play.
  16. That is sad. I can see the attraction of home working for the reason you gave. I'm retired but hated the idea of home working because of working seeping into my private space. Also the lack of personal contact with colleagues. I suspect for younger people home working can be a slippery slope to isolation
  17. My new favourite after saying the half time show was crap and having a pop at Infantino and his white trainers
  18. Wow. Very difficult to choose. My 8 year self I remember was a big fan of Can't Buy Me Love. Can recall discussing with the two boys I lived next door to.
  19. I don't remember an English national team displaying a political banner at a World Cup. The thought that continual foul play without early intervention by the officials by our players would have gone by without criticism here at home or abroad is ridiculous. That Argentina has been at it for years and not just the current team is also noteworthy. It wasn't just against England that sparked comment.
  20. It is because goals are such a premium that makes football special. Even the exception of a 6-4 when a goal goes in it is significant. Basketball for me is so boring as there are so many points scored.
  21. Very difficult as it is hard to look past a player who was part of the winning team like Rodri.
  22. Trouble is for me the physicality is nearly always with the antics
  23. He was in the ref's ear. Wouldn't have wanted him to win especially if the thugs mentioned share in the glory. They are anti sport. Even in the money grabbing world of modern football they are epitome of ugliness with too many prepared to gloss over with oh isn't Messi a marvel.
×
×
  • Create New...