-
Posts
6,051 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Everything posted by LCFCJohn
-
An ok. Positive that the police know who they are though. Whether the justice system will do enough is a different matter!
-
Fair enough if that’s the case. Whether preference or not though, still sounds Cooper esk! The way I see it is, a spine isn’t CB CM St It’s CB - CB CM - CM AM - set up pending St So it’s about pairings. I get the experience balance. I said myself recently I wouldn’t be sure about Braybrooke and Page as a 2 in the middle for example. This is why I was wondering how Braybrooke, Page and Alves fit. But Braybrooke alongside an experienced partner is absolutely fine. I’d be more concerned about Skipp or Choudhury than Braybrooke! Same at centre back. As I say, I think the Nelson thing is a moot point anyway as if he is here by the opening game, he certainly won’t be by the end of the window. But this was my point when people are saying we should get £10 mill for him (with a year left) yet others won’t even put him in the starting 11 because apparently he isn’t experienced enough! If he was on a long contact and looked committed to staying, he’d be first choice centre back but ideally you’d want the partnership to be him and someone who is probably late 20’s/30 who has been around the level a few years.
-
Nelson’s going anyway so irrelevant. But he is still plenty experienced to play in L1 if he was staying. You don’t need a full midfield of experience. You sound like Steve Cooper! If your defence was Aluko - new experienced CB - Nelson - Thomas That would be a fine balance. Similarly, if you have a midfield of Skipp - Braybrooke Chaplin I don’t get why you think having one player aged like 22, with a guy who is 25 in Skipp and 29 in Chaplin is too inexperienced. Having a team of players in their late 20’s and 30’s is how we got into this mess!
-
And so our decline will continue. Any other team in this league would look at a young player who stood out in L2 and see it as an obvious signing and yet he is ours and you advocate benching him? Might as well flog the youngsters to cover a few weeks of the ‘experienced’ players wages if we aren’t going to use them. That said, Braybrooke only has a year left so will be off to a club higher up the chain by next summer at the latest anyway so you might have a point!
-
Yes, the admins on that page are KP out as are the ones on a couple of others. Other pages are quite neutral and post stuff more as news. The only one that if specifically pr-KP is @The Year Of The Fox’s favourite, Leicester City undivided which I know it is a devastating loss for him given he is banned But the admin on that one is that Denise from the screenshot shared further up so not too surprising. There is only the odd voice on there that doesn’t toe the line.
-
And obviously has Nelson still here (unlikely anyway) but on the bench not starting
-
Personally I’m just pleased for you that you won’t have to talk to yourself on the League 1 thread on match days over on the General and other sports forum this season. Big leagues now my friend, main forum, busy thread. This is what it’s about
-
Where is this if you don’t mind me asking? I’m sure there are scum in many areas doing this but there has been a spate of similar fires in Sheffield that is causing issues locally, and people are of the view it’s deliberate. Just wondered if you might be based up here (I know quite a few members on here are) and if it might be the same person as that’d be good news!
-
I mean I have no time for anti-vaxer conspiracy theorists (look at the absolute crap, additives, preservatives, texturising agents etc that get shoved into all the food and drink in the supermarkets and you will find an actual reason for causing health problems). But yeah, daft behaviour from her. Not something that needs broadcasting either way.
-
Anyone who talks about the club like that is not a fan. She’s a troll that Lucy who’s put that.
-
Leicester City Football Club Fans (no clickbait)
-
If Sam Addison is on here, you tried pal. They don’t want to hear it. Complete head in the sand denial. The only other person actually speaking sense on there is Anthony Scattergood. If you are on this forum Anthony, good work also trying to bring balance to these groups. That Denise is a ‘usual suspect’.
-
With the news leaked about the club for sale, and the information about the continued state of the clubs finances, it seems quite clear that there will be no fees spent on players this summer. Probably expect a couple more frees and loans and we will go with what we have….
-
Agreed, I was more just surprised the posted I had quoted had mentioned right back. It looks like we won’t bring many anyway. And if Luke Thomas can’t do the job at L1 level, in all respect, he probably needs to hang up his boots. I defended him a lot in the past as I thought his development in his youngest day from the clubs side was awful. But if he hasn’t already passed it, this season is his last ditch opportunity. Otherwise, I think people are being hopeful with 2 strikers but we definitely need one. But it will be more a Ross Stewart on a free as the idea of paying whatever Orient are demanding for Ballard is not happening. And a winger for the right side. Centre back actually concerns me most as all 4 of the senior ones in that position could well go.
-
All this finance stuff in football is just beyond me, I know others have a better handle on it. In terms of new ownership, we might well be beyond saving anyway, and new ownership might have to come with administration and rebuilding. But as a general point about new ownership, I wouldn’t say being excessively rich (in football terms) is the exciting bit. The reason for feeling positive and excited will hopefully be getting someone who has a clue how to run the club sensible and sustainably. I see it as, the better you can run the club in the first place, the less money it costs. Whether this is right I don’t know, but I looked up the relative wealth of the following; KP - £2.7-£3 billion Tony Bloom - £1-£1.3 billion Matthew Benham - £200-£250 million As I say, how correct these are I don’t know but I’d say if likely is quite accurate in terms of KP being worth the most and by some way. And the fact Benham is sustaining a PL club is amazing really. So year, regardless of wealth, you need a smart owner. And we have the thickest and most clueless owner in the entire English league system!
-
Perhaps not, although my point was more about if you were looking at full back at all, it’d be left not tight. Right back and the central attacking midfield positions are the 2 most well covered I would say. That said, whilst they can play left back, they are not natural left sided players. Maybe it’s just me, but I really don’t like seeing right football full backs on the left. Some like Justin do a very good job but he was comfortable with both feet if I remember rightly (as he was moved to the right for many years so it’s a while ago he played on the left). But generally, it just looked awkward and unnatural.
-
I absolutely wouldn’t say we need a right back. We have Aluko, Joseph and Coulibaly. Left back would be the more pressing of the full back sides in my view.
-
Hmm, I think this post proves the exact point I was making. People were buzzing when we signed Daka and I recall there being very little criticism of him in his first season because he did do ok then. He might be a different type of forward than Kramaric but in their own way, both did ok in the first (Daka) or only (Kramaric) year with us, bearing in mind they were young players brought to our leagues from Europe. I’m not defending Daka and he has been awful here for years and should have been moved on. But I stand by my hypothetical observation that if he’d been cut loose after a year, and found form in Germany, he’d be viewed more like Kramaric. It evidences we shouldn’t just hang on to players when it clearly isn’t working. We will only know more once the Bunderliga season starts. If he continues his lack of form from us, either Austria was a purple patch at a lower level or we just broke him (or both). If he finds some decent form in a strong league in Germany, it would show he just wasn’t suited to the English league or we broke him or both. Notice the common theme in both scenarios is about us breaking players ability/confidence. Absolutely cesspit of a club in the Aiyawatt era.
-
I agree. I sometimes think Andrei Kramaric is a good example. Young striker (actually slightly older than Daka at the point of signing I think), scored a couple of goals in the season he spent with us (Daka did in his first season or so) but never really settled or worked out, was moved on quickly and then for years afterwards, when he found form in Germany, people referred back to the ‘one who got away’. Daka on the other hand, kept around for 5 years, got worse which was clearly (at least to me), a psychological thing. Basically he has deteriorated with the club and become a joke figure. I wonder, in an alternate universe, if Kramaric had been kept around for 5 years and Daka let go after one, would Kramaric be seen as the joke figure and Daka (assuming form was found in Germany), be the one who got away?
-
Not that one friendly for them will make his time with them, in the same way the Spartak Moscow game didn’t for his time with us. But I genuinely do think he will do well there. Sometimes it just doesn’t work at a particular club or maybe he wasn’t suited to the style over here.
-
Of course not. Genuinely they are just leaving it so that the issue goes away and they can brush it under the carpet. As has been said elsewhere, had it been England players who’d done that, punishment would have already been handed down by now.
-
I was going to say just to the same! They have such a large catchment as there is nothing from Newcastle to the border and even as far as Edinburgh on the other side really. My experience of Northumberland (fantastic area) is that there’s lots of Geordies there. It always surprises me that Berwick can’t manage a team that could hold its own in the English league, say League 2 or National League level. In reality they can’t even hold their own in the Scottish leagues. Maybe a victim of location as the town seems big enough and could draw from above and below. Towns like Alnwick and Morpeth are probably too small and much closer to Newcastle but Berwick surprises me.
-
Wow. I mean you can tell these Reform types responsible for this type of disorder are pieces are work but it’s interesting to see stats like this about it! It completely dispels what they say about it being in the name of creating a safe country given these people cause harm and fear in the walls of their own homes.
-
No idea how you would know this but interesting insight. Let’s say that is the case, referring to my above reply to Hackney fox about there must be another reason, if this is it, then it is a failing of the club which circles back to my original point. Whether we offered too high wages, paid a stupid fee for them that other clubs won’t cover, reject reasonable bids out of delusion or had a player wanting to screw the owner and DoF, all of that is a failing of the club to function properly and therefore effectively get players out the door for fees, rather than losing for free and being able to refresh the squad.
-
Or maybe we didn’t accept offers in 2022 and when he became available, Arsenal who were interested had other targets? We don’t know do we. But that does not change the fact is it not normal for so many players to walk on a free. You think they all just loved being at a declining Leicester so much they didn’t want to go and play for CL sides like Arsenal? Come on! The fact we lost so many on frees still ultimately comes down to an inability to move players on at the right time, whatever the reason might be. Sometimes wages, or the outstanding amount on their fees (both of those because of bad dealings in the first place) or holding out for too much. There might be the odd example where a club did offer a reasonable amount, agreed wages on a par and we accepted. If there is a case, and I highly doubt all of these were the case with Tielemans, there is obviously another reason and maybe that is where your TAA example becomes valid. But it still begs the question why. Why would that player not agree to move if the club had accepted an offer and said ‘look, we need the money’. If an agreed deal goes that far, I’d bet 99.9% of players would leave. So it certainly doesn’t account for all ours, and if there was such an example, there was obviously a reason they were holding on to our detriment as it sure won’t have been love for the club or to do with the direction or ambition of the club!
