Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. Slightly tongue in cheek. But when watching him for a Sheff Utd, he can cover some ground quickly to get over to support out wide. I guess it’s like any athlete and runners. Some are long distance and other sprinters. Different strengths but I find it unfair when Souttar has been labelled as a slow lump as clearly in some ways he is not slow at all. And this is why you build a team around each others strengths. Clearly as a partnership, yeah you could benefit from someone a bit more agile next to Souttar. But he has a lot of strengths too. If you said you can have a solid dominant defender who isn’t the most agile or essentially an athlete could can’t defend for their life, I’d take the former and try to compensate elsewhere. I just think Souttar has constantly been called shit, slow, waste of space etc when actually, when he has played, I can’t think he has let us down. The problem was signing a defender when we employ managers and a style that don’t believe in such a thing!
  2. Agreed. As above, I am just fed up of supposed style over substance managers. I want to see us hard to beat, putting in the hard yards. I want to see enthusiasm on the pitch. I don’t really give a f*** how many passes around our own half we can get in before we reach the opponents 18 yard box when there are 10 of them behind the ball…..
  3. Because his reputation is in the bin. If he was at all humble or willing to learn he’d adapt his ways. And I know where we are. I have been clear I think promotion this coming season is not realistic and we need to just halt the decline. So I’d have rather get someone of a lesser name who could focus more on substance over style and make us hard to beat. Again, you refer to enjoying the experience. How many Rangers or Southampton fans will not laugh in your face at the suggestion Martin will offer that?
  4. ‘BuT hE’s ToO sLoW’
  5. People saying ‘who would you get who’s better’ are completely missing the point. It’s not about names, it’s about what seems like the right fit. People would prefer a ‘lesser’ name like Challinor who would be likely to bring a more exciting style of play and results that a big name failure who no doubt thinks he is above us and the league we are in due to his ego.
  6. Yeah true and that will be the case for lots also. Either way a sign of the barriers that have been in place for a while. It has worked for them really as this decline should have seen mass walk outs and declines in attendances but because they have withheld the opportunity from local people and like you say, kids for over 10 years, people are just desperate to get back in. Not a criticism and it’s understandable. Edit - not a criticism of the supporters that means.
  7. Can’t help but think a lot of people have rushed out to buy season tickets expecting us to run away with the league and will lose interest once we are struggling. Possibly some even think this is a blip and we will be winning the PL in a few seasons…..
  8. I really need to stop coming to Cornwall! Was here last year and Cifuentes gets announced and again this year and this happens. I promise not to come next year and maybe we will appoint someone more bearable next summer! Also the comments about accountability and high standards from McCarron. What planet is he on! Complete drip. Clearly a waste of a salary and as we thought, a shield for Rudkin to hide behind. Those saying expectations are to win the league/get promoted, in what way is that a realistic aim? When you are on a fall as steep as ours, you don’t go from winning, what less than 20 games over a 2 season period to suddenly winning 30 odd in a season. The realistic expectation is to try and halt the slide which means staying up and not having a third relegation on the bounce!
  9. I like it. Kids are growing up too fast now and there’s pressure to do so. Yes it’s needs to be regulated properly and sure people will find a way around it but as a parent, if it takes the pressure off the decision as to whether to try and encourage your child to have a childhood or the worry you are going to make them stick out like a sore thumb if you don’t give them access to all this, it’s a good think in my opinion.
  10. You can just see already that as the financial situation gets worse as we stay in the lower leagues, the narrative will shift again. Soon it’ll be how KP saved us from administration…..
  11. Basic research. Fair enough as a player signing in 2015, I’m not saying he should have (although it’d be nice if players did have an understanding of the club they are joining) but if he is going to do media work in retirement and talk about the club, he should have basic facts that a quick only search can off….
  12. Huth talking nonsense here.
  13. This. When do EFL clubs ever play friendlies against a side in the same league that nobody outside of the clubs care about? Never. It is either the case that the club genuinely haven’t realised Burton are in the same league or think despite being in the same league, we are in a ‘different leagues figuratively speaking which we aren’t.
  14. Joined in January on a short term deal and played in 20 games so the minutes in terms of Bristol City is slightly misleading without that context. To be fair, for all the ‘experienced’ players we have signed, none of them are both good characters and leaders. None are leaders. It’d be a bit harsh to refer to say Skipp though as a bad character. I am also scarred from Coady particularly who was meant to be that. But Morsy did captain Ipswich from L1 to the PL and has a bit of the bastard on the pitch about him. I’m done trusting our recruitment until I see them perform but Morsy seems more the type Pearson would have picked up on a free to complement a younger squad. And that is the key, someone like Morsy to replace Winks/Skipp and complement the younger lads would be good.
  15. I think they already have ruined us. Even if new owners came tomorrow, it would take years to get us back to a decent level. The financial position is awful and the embarrassment of the points deduction will last for a long time. I suppose yeah, by completely you are talking out of business or administration. But as a serious football club, they have ruined us.
  16. Appreciate you clarifying which one there Raj mate given the common link in names
  17. If I haven’t been clear enough in my posts, I am very much central politics. I agree with some right principles (justice system too soft/benefit system/immigration to be managed etc) but a more left way of dealing with it, I.e not the right wing way of burning and smashing up our towns and cities. The far right need to stop crying about the flag thing. They are the ones that have weaponised it and made it a symbol of division not celebration. I’m all for England flags when it comes to a national celebration like a World Cup. But due to the right wing, when you go through an area with lots of flags now you just think, intolerant, riots, racism as that is the symbol they have created. To any who try and argue, 2 words. Why now?
  18. Well no it’s not is it…
  19. That was my thought. Were they expecting him to keep them up or something? Bizarre. They were record breakingly back up until he came in, they were never going to stay up and even having for that would have translated to I don’t know, 50/60 points over a season would be unrealistic given where they were. It seemed they had kind of levelled out and bit, accepted relegation was coming and were preparing for the Championship but maybe their owner did think he would keep them up? And why not as soon as the season was finished or relegation was mathematically confirmed?
  20. Like the ‘League One 2026/2027’ of 12 pages further down the page
  21. The point was of overall risk as Mac said below your reply. That was not to take away from the crime and for me, the perpetrator of the initial crime could be dumped over the side of a boat in the Atlantic for all I care. The point was, the response to these, what are isolated incidents regardless of yes, the extreme severity, is more widely negatively impacting upon communities. These people claim to be standing up for ‘whites’ but white people in Belfast have had their houses burned down. Innocent people of a different colour, on their way to work in the hospitals and contribute to our society are getting attacked and intimidated. It’s not the answer. Tackle the smuggling gangs. The justice system should be tougher for all (yes even the lovely little white teenagers who take knives to school), the benefit system should be more stringent, again for all. Sort that stuff out, as a country, we will naturally be appealing for those who come for the right reasons and contribute to society and less so for those who don’t want to contribute or have good intentions. All this lumping everyone who has a different colour skin with the individuals who are wastes of oxygen like this one in Belfast, Southport attacker, Nottingham etc isn’t actually achieving anything.
  22. If I lived in Belfast, I’d be a lot more afraid that my life was in danger from violence in the streets, setting houses and cars etc in fire than from an immigrant in the streets to be fair. Just saying like….
  23. Which group is it on? Just wanting to see the comments back
  24. I do think Burnham could be interesting. As I say, I think Labour are just missing the side of them to create that link to the public, communicate what they are doing and highlight their achievements to drown out the noise coming from elsewhere. Burnham is capable (very popular in his current role) and more charismatic. Not saying this in a way that like you say, not wanting someone who is all charisma and no ability to back it up.
  25. Yeah this is fair. In some ways he likely has plenty of strengths that might make him suited to a senior position in the cabinet without being the ‘main man’. I have sympathy as labour have been in less than 2 years, following 14 years of another government implementing their own policies. All this in the backdrop of the domestic issues like the Southport attacks and subsequent riots in the first month or so, increasing tensions stirred up by the likes of Reform and international chaos with Russia and then Trump coming back into power and causing mayhem. It’s got to be tough. I think we need to see more tangible things that people can see to their benefit in terms of cost of living. And opportunities for young people. But I do believe a government needs some time to implement their ideas and changes and may need more than one terms to do so. But they must communicate what they are doing and blow their trumpet so to speak which is where this current labour government also need to do much better at, especially in light of the pressure from Reform.
×
×
  • Create New...