Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Spudulike

Member
  • Posts

    13,699
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Spudulike

  1. Or travelling home fans, like me!
  2. 7 o'clock on a Sunday night is a good kick-off time.
  3. Is that possible with mobile tickets
  4. The toilets in the King Power Stadium are actually quite good.
  5. Depends on what they intend to do with their ST when they don't go. 5 per season can go on the resale platform but do their seats remain empty for other non-attending matches? I'd hate my seat to be empty.
  6. King Power Stadium is better than Filbert Street.
  7. Friday night's on the motorway network is great fun.
  8. The design trend at the time favoured bowls, ie Middlesbro, Cov, Reading, Southampton so we may well have gone down that route. Even Bede Island plan was a bowl. But they were starting from scratch so who knows.
  9. I was right above you in the Double-Decker. Didn't get on the pitch as it was hell of a drop !
  10. Not sure that I remember seeing artists impressions of how a redeveloped Filbert Street would've looked. I suspect it would've been a wraparound with the corners filled in which would've looked very much like what we now have. Dunno. Whatever, it couldn't have stayed exactly as it was. It's time was up and had been for over a decade.
  11. Better off with ....
  12. £100k a week?! for Coady?! Fuch me. if that's true then I'm all for this deal. Wolves wouldn't match that so we'll probably have to still pay a percentage. Who knows
  13. There is no appeal going on at the moment. Some suggestion of arbitration but that can't lead to a points deduction. The Premier League were banged to rights by the Independant Commission.
  14. It was generally recognised the club needed a new stadium to progress. Sadly, Filbert Street had degenerated into a dump and could never return to the glory days of the 60's and 70's. The installation of the Kop Pens and the gentrification of the Pop Side started the decline, compounded by the Carling Stand, and eventually the conversion to all-seater. Filbert Street in the late 80's and 90's was a shadow of its former self. I think the majority were more excited about the new stadium than sad about leaving the old. Perhaps we believed the club hype about great it was going to be and how the new Kop would replicate what we had before but bigger. One thing for sure, we most probably now wouldn't now have a Premier League title or an FA Cup on our honours board if we hadn't moved.
  15. If they did that we would've just ended up with a new stadium on the same patch of land. The Carling Stand diluted the character as would any replacement structures. It wouldn't have been the same place anymore.
  16. Filbert Street lost its soul with the building of the Carling Stand and becoming all seater. Even going back to creating Pens in the Kop. I grew up on the Filbert Street terraces but I wouldn't want to go back, if I'm honest.
  17. It was a risk, we all knew that. Could've been a slice of genius but turns out we have our very own Wayne Rooney. Even Coventry knew and went for Lampard who we would've actually been better off with.
  18. The first half against Wolves should've been the jolt, the wakeup call. If they had any bottle or self respect those 45 minutes would've been the turning point. As it wasn't, the conclusion is they just don't have the ability or fitness to play at this level. Or they don't give a toss. Either way, there is absolutely no excuse for the lack of effort and haphazard approach. Shameful, get out of our club. Enough's enough.
  19. Relegation Rats v2.0. I think this version are actually even more dislikable.
  20. They all need a few days of relaxation and me time at the Seagrave health and spa country club.
  21. Of course he's right. Everything I see his name it just brings back happy memories.
  22. Totally, can't disagree.
  23. Still smarting from Riyad ripping him apart.
  24. This is another Wolves performance. We haven't learnt or improved in that time. Thank fuch that I'm not there.
  25. Agreed. It's too late.
×
×
  • Create New...