Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 3-0 Newcastle - Results & Man of the Match

Personally though Mahrez had a great game

I wouldnt go as far as great by his standards but yeah he was a lot better than people are suggesting. Could have easily had 2 assists or more on another day, and did a good job spreading the ball out wide.

Newcastle played with a narrow diamond so he was always going to have little space and time but did a very solid job finding some and keeping play moving most of the time. Had a couple of great runs too.

No of course not.

If Cambiasso scored a 7.54, Vardy should have got 15

Out of ten..

True. But we're the biased ones.

True. But we're the biased ones.

This thread sums it up well.

Apart from blocking a bloke off at a free kick (which fair play DID show experience), did Cambi really do an awful lot else in the game? I can't recollect a lot if I'm honest?

If a ten is the perfect game (ie couldn't be any better), then Cambi's performance was a 6 tops.

And James WAS better. He was far more energetic and involved.

At least I thought so...

I'm surprised Cambiasso is as high as he is. Think he had the least impact he's had on a game for a long time. I wanted him taken off at half time, he looked absolutely knackered and was struggling to get to grips with the game. Think that 3rd game within the space of 7 days was a little much for him. (not that this needs saying but I am a massive fan of his and feel he's up there with our best players this season)

Also unsure how Mahrez rates so low, he created some great chances for us (e.g Ulloa header and a couple of fantastic through balls to Vardy).

Suppose it's all about opinions though...

This thread sums it up well.

Apart from blocking a bloke off at a free kick (which fair play DID show experience), did Cambi really do an awful lot else in the game? I can't recollect a lot if I'm honest?

If a ten is the perfect game (ie couldn't be any better), then Cambi's performance was a 6 tops.

And James WAS better. He was far more energetic and involved.

At least I thought so...

Generously he was our 8th best player on the day.

Based on how little influence Mahrez had there. He's probably more suited to the wing with his pace. Whereas Knocky can pick out a pass better and is just as skilful as Mahrez and his pace isn't a problem in that sort of position. 

I have no clue why you think Knocky can pick out a better pass. Ever since January last year, Mahrez has consistently made some through passes of a quality we hadn't seen for years before his arrival.

Knockaert is capable of a good pass and he's certainly capable of the unexpected and spectacular, but I don't rate him as highly as Mahrez.

Based on how little influence Mahrez had there. He's probably more suited to the wing with his pace. Whereas Knocky can pick out a pass better and is just as skilful as Mahrez and his pace isn't a problem in that sort of position.

Mahrez best talent is the weighted slide pass. He released Vardy twice on Saturday. Knocky's issue is he has an extra touch.

Vardy had no real part in any of the goals yet still gets man of the match. Just shows how vital he is when he's playing well. Such a shame it took so long for him to get to grips with this season.

Harsh to say he didn't get to grips this season he came back from injury and ripped United a new arsehole then Pearson switched to the diamond and Vardy was left to do it all himself.

Harsh to say he didn't get to grips this season he came back from injury and ripped United a new arsehole then Pearson switched to the diamond and Vardy was left to do it all himself.

I wouldn't say it's as cut and dry as that though. 

Earlier in the season Vardy was struggling to take on players and many defenders were easily getting the better of him. Now he's grown into the league it's the other way round. I think he has improved vastly with experience in this league, much like he did in the Championship.

The injury and different formations may not have helped but at the same time Vardy had failed to consistently get to grips with the better quality of defender in this league.

Either way the way he's playing now is fantastic.

Earlier in the season Vardy was struggling to take on players and many defenders were easily getting the better of him. Now he's grown into the league it's the other way round. I think he has improved vastly with experience in this league, much like he did in the Championship.

The injury and different formations may not have helped but at the same time Vardy had failed to consistently get to grips with the better quality of defender in this league.

Maybe, maybe not. His form wasn't helping the formations and the formations were maybe necessary because of his & other people's form

Maybe, maybe not. His form wasn't helping the formations and the formations were maybe necessary because of his & other people's form

I'd agree with this also. I personally think Vardy has slowly grown into the league rather it being any other factors. He's grown wise to how defenders work in the PL.

Yes, his play was frustrating as he seemed to run into defenders quite a lot and became predictable, now he's beating them on both sides.

Just to say, my motm jointly were the 30 or so heroes that got up at stupid o clock to lay out the tifo display - myself included. That 1st goal should be awarded to UFS, cos we inspired the team. the whole of SK were my 2nd choice, best fans I've seen all year

Just to say, my motm jointly were the 30 or so heroes that got up at stupid o clock to lay out the tifo display - myself included. That 1st goal should be awarded to UFS, cos we inspired the team. the whole of SK were my 2nd choice, best fans I've seen all year

I prefer Vardy.  :P

Just to say, my motm jointly were the 30 or so heroes that got up at stupid o clock to lay out the tifo display - myself included. That 1st goal should be awarded to UFS, cos we inspired the team. the whole of SK the stadium were my 2nd choice, best fans I've seen all year

a little edit.

Archived