Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes1

Next Season Limit The No. Of Away Tickets

With our Premiership survival assured for next season why can't we limit the number of away fans at the King Power. We seem to give away fans more tickets than most for visiting supporters and our ground is one of the smaller grounds in the Premiership. After all we got about 3000 tickets at Old Trafford / The Emirates. They may be a good reason as to why we can't but I don't know why.

Think it'd be more hassle than it's worth.

I think if we stay up and maintain the kind of crowds we've gotten this season we should start having serious discussions about expansion. There are times when we'd have filled a 40k ground this season.

You have to give teams either 3000 or 10% of capacity, whichever one is lower. So yeah we could reduce it to 3000 but we wouldn't really be able to take advantage of the extra 300 tickets

I'm fairly sure that rule only applies to cup games.

You have to give teams 10% of your stadiums capacity for league games which is 3200. For the FA cup games its 15% hence why L&N block have to relocate

Surely not? That would mean Man Utd have to give almost 8,000 tickets for away fans.

Yes thats right. They give the normal corner section plus the top tier of the stand behind the goal 

I am fairly sure there were not 8K city fans at old trafford this season and watching Sunderland at Arsenal this week there only looked about 1000 in total.

Edit....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/98273-manchester-united-away/

Full allocation 2468

Actually (premier league rule R.8.1 states it's a minimum of 10% of capacity for grounds of less than 30,000 and a minimum of 3,000 for bigger grounds. 4 of us have 71 loyalty points and missed out on tickets for man utd and Liverpool despite ringing first thing in the morning of the day they became available to us. Tbh I don't thing either quite gave us 3,000 despite the rules and I I know liverpool included a large number of what they called 'severely restricted view' tickets (being the back 2/3 rows where you can't see if people in front stand due to the bottom of the upper tier blocking the view).

I agree. Why do we give these clubs 3,300 tickets when they play hardball with us? Even if it is only 300 tickets I would far sooner they were filled with our fans

I think it's good to give a good allocation to the away fans, makes the atmosphere in the ground better.  I'd rather see 3000 away fans who make some noise than 300 fans who sit there silently. Just my opinion though.

I think it's good to give a good allocation to the away fans, makes the atmosphere in the ground better. I'd rather see 3000 away fans who make some noise than 300 fans who sit there silently. Just my opinion though.

We haven't been sitting there silently though, we need to intimidate other teams not let away teams have enough in for them to do the same to us.

I think generally the way the club is run is excellent. I'm kind of proud that unlike some of the "bigger" clubs in the league we actually give a fair allocation to the away team. Moral high ground and all that!

If it gets to the point wher 3300 away fans are intimidating a team backed by around 28000 then we have a problem bigger than ticket allocation.

There could be one fan or 4000 fans it shouldnt make any difference. We should still create our own atmosphere that overshadows the away fans.

Theoretically the more away fans there are the louder they will be therefore it means we as home fans need to be even louder to drown out there noise. Having more away fans imo can only be a good thing. If theyre really quiet due to lack of numbers then we will be more inclined to be quiet aswel. More fans = more noise = better atmosphere :thumbup:

Archived