Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marky mark

Starting 11 for August

Fuchs captains his country from the left of a back 3.

So you'd not only disturb the back 3 but also replace our captain with a full back who's more comfortable attacking because Austria apparently plays him there? And unless this website's lying, he's only started one of his previous 10 matches for Austria in any position other than left back, and that was as a winger

Shows what use the thread is, the first few posts never mentioned  Fuchs but included Austin. I had to check the date. Thought the thread only had been started a few days ago.

Wouldnt surprise me if someone had picked Hopper Smith or J Pearson :)

Fuchs has to start.

The first month is quite andrenline-filled, in particular, and his calm experience at the top can be passed on to others.

Not to mention his effectiveness with set-pieces. Could be a game changer.

Well, at this moment in time who's to say who he would play over? We only have Moore, Morgan& Was as our 3 centre half options.

Not saying he's the answer to all our problems. But would be odd to think of dropping Schlupp if we continue with 343 (or a variation of). Therefore Fuchs as the left sided centre half surely isn't an absurd suggestion? In a back 4 though Fuchs will of course be a shoe in.

I can't help but feel you answered you're own question to why I wouldn't start Fuchs?

1) Schlupp does not deserve to be dropped as he has been so instrumental for us especially at the end of the season.

2) Wes Morgan is our captain & Nige hardly ever drops his skipper.

3) The defence was a rock at the end of the season so why change it?

4) Fuchs needs to earn his place in the side he can't expect to walk straight into the side. If we dropped Schlupp it would ruin his confidence & after reading reports from Schalke fans I think I would prefer Wes at left sided centre back rather than Fuchs.

5) People that are talking about his set pieces we have a very good set piece taker in Albrighton too who can whip in a deadly ball. Mahrez is also capable of putting in a nice set piece & also scoring too. So this isn't to much of a problem!

I can't help but feel you answered you're own question to why I wouldn't start Fuchs?

1) Schlupp does not deserve to be dropped as he has been so instrumental for us especially at the end of the season.

4) Fuchs needs to earn his place in the side he can't expect to walk straight into the side. If we dropped Schlupp it would ruin his confidence & after reading reports from Schalke fans I think I would prefer Wes at left sided centre back rather than Fuchs.

5) People that are talking about his set pieces we have a very good set piece taker in Albrighton too who can whip in a deadly ball. Mahrez is also capable of putting in a nice set piece & also scoring too. So this isn't to much of a problem!

Wes left sided centre back lol

Agree with a lot of the points but one major issue. Everyone is talking about disturbing / breaking up the defence ..

Not sure if anyone's noticed but we haven't actually signed Huth yet. And long term Wes is not going to be our left sided centre half in a back 3. Love the bloke and still would have him in our side, but he only played a handful of games there at the end last season.

I'd have thought it could be Morgan, Huth (or new centre half), Fuchs probably. Or if we play back 4 Fuchs as left back. Or if Jeff is injured in a 343 Fuchs as the wing back.

Right now none of us know. But he certainly looks a very high quality versatile player

GK - Schmeichel / Schwarzer

CBR - Morgan / Wasilewski

CB - Huth

CBL - Kaboul

RWB - Albrighton / De Laet

LWB - Schlupp / Fuchs

CMR - Kante / King

CML - Cambiasso / Drinkwater

AMC - Okazaki / Mahrez

STR - Ulloa / Kramaric

STL - Vardy / Nugent

Then we've got James to return from injury and Hamer, Simpson, and Hammond as squad fillers.

GK - Schmeichel / Schwarzer

CBR - Morgan / Wasilewski

CB - Huth

CBL - Kaboul

RWB - Albrighton / De Laet

LWB - Schlupp / Fuchs

CMR - Kante / King

CML - Cambiasso / Drinkwater

AMC - Okazaki / Mahrez

STR - Ulloa / Kramaric

STL - Vardy / Nugent

Then we've got James to return from injury and Hamer, Simpson, and Hammond as squad fillers.

Nugent played behind the striker(s) in the attacking midfield position for the most part last season, and Okazaki plays as a striker for both Mainz and Japan as far as I'm aware, we've got a strong squad now though once we sign a midfielder.

Not to sure why the starting 11 hasn't uploaded onto the page? :(

Anyhow:

Schmeichel

Jenkinson        Huth           Morgan        Fuchs

Cambiasso

Albrighton                                        Schlupp

Mahrez

Okazaki              Kramaric

Guest LCFC_World

Might as well get talking about this again, the manager situation is getting boring now. 

Kasper

Albrighton

Morgan

Huth

Wasilewski

Schlupp

Kante - thats if he signs and Cambiasso doesn't

Drinkwater

Mahrez (CAM)

Shinji

Kramaric

Vardy, Ulloa on bench and can be rotated in other games if needed. Oh and i forgot we probably wont even play 3 at the back ever again depending on who gets the job.

Guest MattP

What mine would be (3-5-2)

Kasper

Huth

Morgan

Wasyl

Albrighton

Schulpp

Drinkwater

King

Mahrez

Vardy