Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

where will Pearson go?

It's what was achieved in an entire season that matters, not the few periods of poor form.

The long, wretched runs in the Championship season where we were second at the start of February and lost to Watford in the play offs and of course last season were genuinely perplexing but you're right, it's about where you finish.

Had we got rid of NP after the Watford play off would we have gone on to have such a stunning following season without him? Who knows. But he certainly delivered big time. And if you'd asked most fans at the start of last season would they have been happy to finish 14th, six points clear of relegation - I think 99.9% would've taken that.

But it seems that those who couldn't wait to see the back of him focus on the relatively small pockets of failure rather than what on paper is a pretty impressive CV of results and achievements with us.

Not an easy man to warm to for a lot of folk, that's fair enough, and he admits that himself, however his overall record stands up to scrutiny and owners looking for a rebuild job will be well aware of that record. They'll also be aware of his lack of PR skills too of course - not that I think that will stop under-achieving clubs being interested in hiring him.

The long, wretched runs in the Championship season where we were second at the start of February and lost to Watford in the play offs and of course last season were genuinely perplexing but you're right, it's about where you finish.

Had we got rid of NP after the Watford play off would we have gone on to have such a stunning following season without him? Who knows. But he certainly delivered big time. And if you'd asked most fans at the start of last season would they have been happy to finish 14th, six points clear of relegation - I think 99.9% would've taken that.

But it seems that those who couldn't wait to see the back of him focus on the relatively small pockets of failure rather than what on paper is a pretty impressive CV of results and achievements with us.

Not an easy man to warm to for a lot of folk, that's fair enough, and he admits that himself, however his overall record stands up to scrutiny and owners looking for a rebuild job will be well aware of that record. They'll also be aware of his lack of PR skills too of course - not that I think that will stop under-achieving clubs being interested in hiring him.

Good points Geoff but I have always wondered why he struggled so badly to reverse those extended poor runs of form. he also never addressed that in public and I don't recall any interviewers posing the question directly. the PL run was perhaps understandable in the circumstances but the championship one was indeed perplexing.

Archived