Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danizen

Give It To Shakey and Walsh.

I would be happy with Shakey in charge, Walsh as head of player recruitment and another coach brought in as assistant manager.

Promoting from within tends to go badly wrong when the assistant was second in command to a manager sacked due to poor form, which isn't the case here.

Can't help but think it's an end of an era with Pearson gone. As instrumental as a manager can be, Pearson's Leicester would've been inferior without Shakespeare as 1st team coach and Steve Walsh as head of recruitment. They're loyal to Pearson and have worked/moved together as a trio since Pearson's first appointment in 08. 

No doubt about it, we've come on leaps and bounds with Steve Walsh plucking out players from his lists like Mahrez and Knockaert - Ulloa's important goals etc.. I don't know where we would be if Pearson didn't bring Walsh with him to Leicester.

It's more important to keep hold of Walsh than hiring the 'right' manager IMHO.

-

These recent signings and bids are not just indications of Pearson's disagreement over transfers with ownership; but Jon Rudkin, entrusted by the ownership and their cash, taking Steve Walsh's list which has been prepared for months on targets and improvements - signing them regardless of who's in charge one week ago, or one week today..

It's more important to keep hold of Walsh than hiring the 'right' manager IMHO.

Totally agree with this point in some ways he's probably more important than Nigel- would he have had as much success with out him by his side? I'm not sure!

If pearsons sacking was down to his behaviour in Thailand it could be possible that they are both pretty unimpressed themselves. Pearson mentioned Shakespeare's managerial aspirations in an interview last season and Walsh seems to be relishing his role since news of pearsons sacking. Would another club match their wages? Walsh may prefer to head a scouting team with millions to spend rather than taking on another job where funds could be tight.

I think it's important we keep hold of Shaky and Walsh for some continuity. I am normally not a fan of hiring the assistant but in this case I wonder if Shaky could step up to the plate with Cambiasso as assistant with a long term view. This would mean continuity and no huge changes. It's a marathon not a sprint. If not it is still important we keep Shaky, Walsh and Philiips at the club at all costs to work alongside the new gaffer

I think it's important we keep hold of Shaky and Walsh for some continuity. I am normally not a fan of hiring the assistant but in this case I wonder if Shaky could step up to the plate with Cambiasso as assistant with a long term view. This would mean continuity and no huge changes. It's a marathon not a sprint. If not it is still important we keep Shaky, Walsh and Philiips at the club at all costs to work alongside the new gaffer

I'd agree, carry on playing as we did when the season ended, same backroom team in place, and the same ethos from the team. If it isn't working, get someone in 1 games in, probably Rodgers by that point. Win-win really.

I'd agree, carry on playing as we did when the season ended, same backroom team in place, and the same ethos from the team. If it isn't working, get someone in 1 games in, probably Rodgers by that point. Win-win really.

That's the main thing that upsets me about the Pearson sacking- the fact we played really good enjoyable football under Pearson (attacking & pacey) even against the big teams. I think whatever manager we get in we won't play like this- we'll be defensive no doubt zzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived