Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

what 'Really' Happened

You wouldn't get the sack for supporting a fellow colleague in a dispute at most businesses whether it's a friend or family.

Good analogy. I'm already bored of people claiming Pearson 'had' to go because he defended his son. You're quite right that defending a fellow employee does not require one to be sacked also. It's perfectly possible to manage the team, get on with the players and hold the opinion that James shouldn't have been sacked.

Good analogy. I'm already bored of people claiming Pearson 'had' to go because he defended his son. You're quite right that defending a fellow employee does not require one to be sacked also.

First, it's not just "a" fellow employee, it's Pearson's son, who owed his place in the club entirely to his father not to his (nonexistent) football talents. Not every people like nepotism, you know. Second, a lot depends on how Pearson defended his son. I am pretty sure nobody would sack him if he did it in a cultural and logical way, knowing Nigel, though, I would rather expect some loud, angry outburst.

Need to get things in perspective.

Yes we have lost a guy who has rebuilt the club throughout and gave it respectable professionalism.

But on the pitch for a long dark period his team selections, tactics and personal actions were unfathomable.

Martin O'Neil going was difficult to take but inevitable as was Brian Little.

There are better and also a lot worse, we just have to hope but those at the club are now wiser so should have decent targets.

Better now than later + as him previously going Id be more upset to lose Steve Walsh snr

First, it's not just "a" fellow employee, it's Pearson's son, who owed his place in the club entirely to his father not to his (nonexistent) football talents. Not every people like nepotism, you know. Second, a lot depends on how Pearson defended his son. I am pretty sure nobody would sack him if he did it in a cultural and logical way, knowing Nigel, though, I would rather expect some loud, angry outburst.

Agreed. Had Pearson just said he disagreed I'm sure he wouldn't have been sacked. Looks more likely that he threw his toys out of the pram, perhaps even went awol as has been rumoured. Basically behaved like a child, and was sacked for behaving like a child not because he disagreed with his sons sacking.

The owners might be doing him a favour by keeping private what really went on. If it turns out Pearson has behaved like a total prat that would damage his career. The owners might have too much respect for him to subject him to that. Notice there hasn't been a peep, not even a rumour of discontent among the players or any staff. They may well know he deserved the sack.

Pearson never flared up in between matches, it was only after defeats he lost his temper. Having had time to calm down I imagine he'd produce a carefully worded defence of his son.

Even if you're right I wouldn't sack him. I'd explain to him that the decision wouldn't be reversed and he'd have to accept that. I'd only sack him if he didn't approach his job enthusiastically.

Pearson never flared up in between matches, it was only after defeats he lost his temper. Having had time to calm down I imagine he'd produce a carefully worded defence of his son.

Isn't having a son sacked in disgrace a huge defeat? Especially when one does not agree with the board's decision?

Even if you're right I wouldn't sack him. I'd explain to him that the decision wouldn't be reversed and he'd have to accept that. I'd only sack him if he didn't approach his job enthusiastically.

You wouldn't. The owners might have a different opinion.

Isn't having a son sacked in disgrace a huge defeat? Especially when one does not agree with the board's decision?

You wouldn't. The owners might have a different opinion.

Like I said, he'd probably have had time to calm down. Pearson only ever flared up immediately after a defeat, never 24+ hours later.

------

If they're opinion is that an outburst is worthy of a sacking then that is the wrong opinion. You aren't providing a particularly good defence of the owners here.

I would've recognised that one outburst does not put a very important relationship beyond repair and would've taken the steps I've described before to try and sort things out. Therefore I would've been better than them in this scenario.

I would've recognised that one outburst does not put a very important relationship beyond repair and would've taken the steps I've described before to try and sort things out. Therefore I would've been better than them in this scenario.

And how do you know it was just one outburst?

How do you know there was any outburst at all? :P

He's always calmed down, let things go and even apologised after an incident so I doubt there was more than one.

So you don't know how many or the nature of the outburst, or anything at all, yet you're totally sure the owners were in the wrong? To be clear you know nothing about what happened, but still somehow enough to cast judgement?

So you don't know how many or the nature of the outburst, or anything at all, yet you're totally sure the owners were in the wrong? To be clear you know nothing about what happened, but still somehow enough to cast judgement?

lol

You've done exactly the same thing as I have: State my view and explain why I think I'm right by referring to Pearson's previous behavior and character. I've never stated that I 'know' what happened, just that I think it's unlikely that Pearson would've behaved so badly that a sacking was justified.

Archived