Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

what 'Really' Happened

Have we? Are we still throwing around the arrogant claim without ever having even remotely attempted to back it up? Just repeating it doesn't make it true y'know.

Just repeating what?

In my opinion (and that's all any of our posts are) I have observed enough arrogant interviews and antics that would lead me to believe that this is a viable theory.

Just repeating what?

In my opinion (and that's all any of our posts are) I have observed enough arrogant interviews and antics that would lead me to believe that this is a viable theory.

Just repeatedly saying he's arrogant. 

His interviews haven't been arrogant, they've been curt - arrogance is an over-inflated sense of importance, an overbearing, overinflated egotistical sense of pride: that's not Pearson, he's been short and pulled no punches with the media, but at no point has he acted like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. The only thing that would really be arrogant is the better in every department comments about Burnley, but in fairness it's also true

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

In my opinion, he has come across as arrogant on a number of occasions.

I applaud him for what he has done for our club and I wish he could have stayed, I always did.

However, I can imagine scenarios that would cause the owners to get rid due to "differences of perspective"

Was speaking to someone who knows a couple of people down at the club today and he told me something very similar...

Nigel believed that the owners had a part to play in the 'racist orgy' due to the fact that they own the hotel in Thailand that the players stayed at and therefore the prostitutes that were provided for the players were provided by the hotel, and indirectly the owners. With James cleared of racism by the internal investigation Nigel therefore asked what they had sacked him for as he was not involved in any racism towards the women and should therefore have been given a less severe punishment. 

The relationship between the owners then took another hit when Pearson said that he didn't want Austin and would prefer the money to be spent elsewhere if it was available which, coupled with his reaction of James being sacked, was the final straw and he was sacked. 

We're probably getting closer to the truth now. If this is the case then NP surely has a valid point. Equally his son if found innocent of the racist remarks may well have a claim for unfair dismissal.

As to the Austin story surely NP would have been in discussion with Rudkin and Walsh about Austin and told them he didn't want him. Now that he's gone they're pushing Austin forward as a signing. If that's the case I'd say it's Rudkin doing the pushing and buying. As NP and Walsh seemed to have a good working relationship. 

Boy, I hope nobody reading those columns thinks you speak for us USA Foxes.

You know I picked that twitter handle because I could find precious few US based anything about Leicester City. I only got it last year. I'd love to share others efforts to speak for the Foxes here in the USA. Since you don't like mine much maybe you could point us to yours or others?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If I was Nigel Pearson I'd be pissed yeah of course the slit eye comment was well out of order and deserved a dismissal but what else went on wasn't just the fault of the players they are young immature lads you give them a load of money, put them up in a hotel and put it on a plate for them 1000s of miles away from home what else did the owners think would happen? 

I didn't see you claiming the above when news of the trio first broke.

People have only started claiming 'what else did the owners expect' since NFP got sacked.

I find it interesting that none of the reliable ITKs have commented on the sacking since it happened. Maybe they don't know about anything other than the odd transfer but you'd think there would be some inside information. Maybe it's too risky for them to comment which is fair enough.

qwerty123 has told us it was down to the behaviour of all who went to Thailand.

I didn't see you claiming the above when news of the trio first broke.

People have only started claiming 'what else did the owners expect' since NFP got sacked.

That was before I heard the girls involved were put up at the hotel at the owners expense 

Jesus Christ, so many idiots repeating "I've been told by someone who knows someone". Where have all these fonts of knowledge been before as I don't remember any of you giving good info previously.

Was speaking to someone who knows a couple of people down at the club today and he told me something very similar...

Nigel believed that the owners had a part to play in the 'racist orgy' due to the fact that they own the hotel in Thailand that the players stayed at and therefore the prostitutes that were provided for the players were provided by the hotel, and indirectly the owners. With James cleared of racism by the internal investigation Nigel therefore asked what they had sacked him for as he was not involved in any racism towards the women and should therefore have been given a less severe punishment.

The relationship between the owners then took another hit when Pearson said that he didn't want Austin and would prefer the money to be spent elsewhere if it was available which, coupled with his reaction of James being sacked, was the final straw and he was sacked.

I have to say this sounds the most plausible

Thing is ok the girls were put up in the hotel, but the 3 idiots didn't have to do anything with them, ok it was on a plate, fair enough they had the orgy with them. That is probably acceptable, it happens over there.

However what they certainly didn't need to do is film it, be racist (One of them was anyway) and then send it to their mates.

Even if it was set up by the hotel/owners, the 3 have to be accountable for filming it/being racist/broadcasting it.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

In my opinion, he has come across as arrogant on a number of occasions.

I applaud him for what he has done for our club and I wish he could have stayed, I always did.

However, I can imagine scenarios that would cause the owners to get rid due to "differences of perspective"

When? When has he been arrogant? 

There are plenty of bad things to say about his media handling, you could describe him as terse, short-tempered, curt, intolerant of some journalists (not without reason in the case of a certain ex-apprentice contestant), rude. But not arrogant - arrogance is taking all the credit and deflecting all of the blame, of being shamelessly self-absorbed. Dyche and Mourinho are arrogant, Pearson is not. Declaring him to be arrogant sends up a massive warning flare saying: "I don't understand the English language but I want to stick the boot in anyway".

When? When has he been arrogant? 

There are plenty of bad things to say about his media handling, you could describe him as terse, short-tempered, curt, intolerant of some journalists (not without reason in the case of a certain ex-apprentice contestant), rude. But not arrogant - arrogance is taking all the credit and deflecting all of the blame, of being shamelessly self-absorbed. Dyche and Mourinho are arrogant, Pearson is not. Declaring him to be arrogant sends up a massive warning flare saying: "I don't understand the English language but I want to stick the boot in anyway".

Careful Doc, coming in here with facts and understanding of the meaning of words, sounds like you could be coming across as arrogant. :whistle:

You know I picked that twitter handle because I could find precious few US based anything about Leicester City. I only got it last year. I'd love to share others efforts to speak for the Foxes here in the USA. Since you don't like mine much maybe you could point us to yours or others?

Let's continue this on the USA thread and Twitter (I'm extrajason on there and follow you). I appreciate your replies. ;)

The fans did not want Nigel sacked. The fans could not have known that Nigel would fight the club over James sacking. However, by demanding James sacking, they put the club in the position that they had no choice but to sack James, and this seems have led to a non recoverable conflict with Nigel.

If the latest Mirror story is true, can someone suggest a course of action the owners could have taken when faced with a manager who was fighting them about this? If you cannot, then you also cannot blame the owners. That's my point.

Yeah, don't sack him. I don't mean to sound flippant by saying that, I just don't struggle with the idea that disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you have to sack them. The owners could have explained to Nigel why they disagreed, told him that the decision wouldn't be reversed and that he'd have to put up with it.

Pearson's view doesn't prevent him from managing the club so the owners weren't forced to do anything.

Don't think it was a shock to him as It wasn't to the bookies. 

Have a feeling he saw it coming and could of easily avoided it, but principle etc kicked in?

Not a bad position to be in. Decent pay off, championship club where he can't fail will beckon and out of the premiership pressure that was obvious due to his bizarre antics taking effect.

Can't blame him really.

I've said before on other threads, but something something rotten, something something Denmark.

The Thais put on a shindig at their hotel, I'd suspect it was an expenses paid do, and the staff & players got uber****ed after pulling off one of the biggest miracles ever witnessed in the Premiership. The Thais did the same for the team last year on our promotion. I bet some where in a bad state then. Maybe they didn't get electronics in their gift bags.

I'm not a party animal, but have spent many consecutive days in my yoof in the hands of madness with no real reason to doing it other than I could. This was probably more celebrated than the promotion, because survival on paper looked impossible. So getting twatted probably was on the cards, and I'd be hugely surprised that the organisers and or owners didn't expect or plan for this.

Perhaps what they didn't expect was 3 morons to do what they did, and for it to make it into the public domain. This happened at the end of May.

All this bollox about pride, honour, and dignity is that bollox. Those three words are PR gumpf. You do not become multi billionaires by letting that illusion be spoiled.

Something doesn't sit right...

When the news leaked that there was a video and what it was on it, and who was involved, I'm fairly certain that Pearson would have been stomping around in his underpants at 4am in the morning chewing the end off the bottom of his phone, and been involved in the conversation somewhere very close to that time.

No doubt he was told by the club PR to stay the hell away from the press. The vultures would be circling. How right that advice would be. 

Simon Wright, Mirror, published the story/video. (A little story about Simon - an honest hardworking grafter is Simon)

I wonder whether the owners worked out who actually sent on video, and who cashed in on it? But that's a sidenote.

Surely he'd be in a dialogue with the owners over the following weeks of June (regardless of being on his holiday). 

Pearson Jnr gets the sack two weeks ago, and Pearson doesn't talk to the owners first about it? Are we saying he let them know then, that he didn't want his son sacked? Would they really tell him to head off on his holidays to think about it. The next call Pearson gets is the owners telling to pack his things? It's a shock?

I can't help feeling that there's more to this that's not in the public domain. The vultures don't put their heads in the sand, and won't be giving Pearson a hand anytime soon.

All of it seems like a face saving exercise agreed by all parties. Why would Pearson agree to a non-disclosure termination if he was wronged?

Yeah, don't sack him. I don't mean to sound flippant by saying that, I just don't struggle with the idea that disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you have to sack them. The owners could have explained to Nigel why they disagreed, told him that the decision wouldn't be reversed and that he'd have to put up with it.

Pearson's view doesn't prevent him from managing the club so the owners weren't forced to do anything.

I can only presume they concluded this wasn't doable. They might also have wanted a bigger name, who knows. I only think he probably is off for good this time, just a hunch.

If the Mirror article is true, then of course he deserved the sack.Pearson is not an "untouchable God", he was an employee, just like most working people.

You wouldn't get the sack for supporting a fellow colleague in a dispute at most businesses whether it's a friend or family. Thanks though for pointing out the NP wasn't an 'untouchable God'. I've always assumed he was a religious deity, a walking embodiment of God on earth. With a buzzcut. And ice white,box fresh and big (God worthy) trainers.

Archived