Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

what 'Really' Happened

That second paragraph just screams 'I am the enlightened one, heed my words, uneducated masses!'  lol

Your argument seems to be as follows

• The fans wanted the Trip-to-Thailand-trio (including James Pearson) sacked
  • Nigel did not want James Pearson to be sacked
  • Therefore, the fans were effectively calling for Nigel to be sacked
This is not correct. It is not contradictory to want James out of the club while being content to see anyone who disagrees with you remain at the club. All we were doing was disagreeing with him, nothing more.

If this is indeed what happened the owners are at fault because they sacked the manager for something that wasn't a sackable offence.

The fans did not want Nigel sacked. The fans could not have known that Nigel would fight the club over James sacking. However, by demanding James sacking, they put the club in the position that they had no choice but to sack James, and this seems have led to a non recoverable conflict with Nigel.

If the latest Mirror story is true, can someone suggest a course of action the owners could have taken when faced with a manager who was fighting them about this? If you cannot, then you also cannot blame the owners. That's my point.

The Mirror seems to have been "ITK" about city for some time now so i tend to see them as most likely to have some accuracy about what happened.

To be fair, it doesnt really matter, NP has gone and at the moment i fear for who we will have to replace him.

That caption is pretty dodgy as well - sacked: James pearson and Tom hopper.

Hopper isn't in the picture, that's Mahrez, it shouldn't make reference of hopper, it should be something along the lines of Sacked: James Pearson, seen here celebrating promotion with Riyad Mahrez,

Not sure whether you are trolling or not?..But just to be on the safe side...Hopper is on the left...James Pearson on the right.

If Pearson is as "principled" as he likes to appear and didn't agree with his son being sacked I'm convinced he would have resigned or left by mutual agreement with his payout.

There must be something else to this other than Pearson disagreeing with the decision to sack his son.

Obviously this is a poor article. However I do believe that this is a viable theory.

If Pearson didn't like the fact that Smith and his son got sacked it doesn't mean he would have resigned. He might just have disagreed with the decision and thought no more of it.

The owners may then have decided that they couldn't accept his outlook on the situation and that they didn't want to work with him anymore.

You've got to admit that he's definitely arrogant enough to sound off without thinking of the consequences.

Obviously this is a poor article. However I do believe that this is a viable theory.

If Pearson didn't like the fact that Smith and his son got sacked it doesn't mean he would have resigned. He might just have disagreed with the decision and thought no more of it.

The owners may then have decided that they couldn't accept his outlook on the situation and that they didn't want to work with him anymore.

You've got to admit that he's definitely arrogant enough to sound off without thinking of the consequences.

Have we? Are we still throwing around the arrogant claim without ever having even remotely attempted to back it up? Just repeating it doesn't make it true y'know.

If Pearson was at all principled he would have sided with the owners in the way they dealt with the 3 morons - son or not.

What they did was indefensible frankly in the context of the club, the owners and where it happened. They were idiots.

Pearson kicking off about it, trying to reverse it, or simply having an uncontactable strop about it is more idiotic in my opinion. He was a ticking timebomb. So better now than 6 weeks into the season, or mid way through.

I applaud the man for those last few weeks and the frankly unbelievable turn around we enjoyed, but he is a complete nob for not being more professional.

Was speaking to someone who knows a couple of people down at the club today and he told me something very similar...

Nigel believed that the owners had a part to play in the 'racist orgy' due to the fact that they own the hotel in Thailand that the players stayed at and therefore the prostitutes that were provided for the players were provided by the hotel, and indirectly the owners. With James cleared of racism by the internal investigation Nigel therefore asked what they had sacked him for as he was not involved in any racism towards the women and should therefore have been given a less severe punishment.

The relationship between the owners then took another hit when Pearson said that he didn't want Austin and would prefer the money to be spent elsewhere if it was available which, coupled with his reaction of James being sacked, was the final straw and he was sacked.

Said it before and I'll say it again. The first paragraph RE the prostitutes is bang on.

Not sure about the Austin part though.

Was speaking to someone who knows a couple of people down at the club today and he told me something very similar...

Nigel believed that the owners had a part to play in the 'racist orgy' due to the fact that they own the hotel in Thailand that the players stayed at and therefore the prostitutes that were provided for the players were provided by the hotel, and indirectly the owners. With James cleared of racism by the internal investigation Nigel therefore asked what they had sacked him for as he was not involved in any racism towards the women and should therefore have been given a less severe punishment. 

The relationship between the owners then took another hit when Pearson said that he didn't want Austin and would prefer the money to be spent elsewhere if it was available which, coupled with his reaction of James being sacked, was the final straw and he was sacked. 

This is bang on from what I've heard now 

If I was Nigel Pearson I'd be pissed yeah of course the slit eye comment was well out of order and deserved a dismissal but what else went on wasn't just the fault of the players they are young immature lads you give them a load of money, put them up in a hotel and put it on a plate for them 1000s of miles away from home what else did the owners think would happen? 

not doubting people are hearing things from inside the club about the sacking being in part due to nigel's response to the thailand fiasco, but do people not think that the higher ups within the club want the rank and file members of the club to believe this therefore giving the impression to city fans this is the reason
just pointing out people within the club could easily be fed wrong information deliberately 

I find it interesting that none of the reliable ITKs have commented on the sacking since it happened. Maybe they don't know about anything other than the odd transfer but you'd think there would be some inside information. Maybe it's too risky for them to comment which is fair enough.

do people not think that the higher ups within the club want the rank and file members of the club to believe this therefore giving the impression to city fans this is the reason just pointing out people within the club could easily be fed wrong information deliberately 

Might be a good shout

Actually you got the point of my article then. We are all 'I'll informed' yet we insist on passing judgement both on the original situation and now on the owners for their reaction. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually you got the point of my article then. We are all 'I'll informed' yet we insist on passing judgement both on the original situation and now on the owners for their reaction. Thanks for reading.

but you make out your word is gospel and everything else is speculation

Boy, I hope nobody reading those columns thinks you speak for us USA Foxes.

We are always up for more contributions. If you see it differently comment on the post, or send a clip in to the show. They always invite people to do so.

but you make out your word is gospel and everything else is speculation

Actually I make out that applying logic I think it's the most likely scenario. And it's an opinion piece, not a news report. I am supposed to strongly state my views.

Archived