Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your Music: Post It Here

Alright you lot? Here's something I've been working on over the last couple of weeks.

Owner of the local hipster hairdresser I use has a bunch of piano / vocal ballads he's written (it ain't me singing), he gave me one project and gave me carte blanche to do whatever I wanted with it. 

70bpm ballad just screamed melodic dubstep at me, and *WUB*, just like that... It was 2012 again. 

Needs a bit of work on the mix, I banged the bounce through some mastering plugs (maybe over cooked the high ends a bit!) but I cannae be arsed to re-upload.

Edited by RoboFox

• 1 month later...

yeah that's nice mate. there's an arpeggio in the second half that I'm finding a bit... grating - perhaps a bit harsh or hitting a couple of octaves too high?

but overall I like the structure and the ideas. like Carpenter Brut 'lite' - not quite as full on / angry as some of his music. 

what software you working in again? I'd love to have a crack at the mix-down :)

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

yeah that's nice mate. there's an arpeggio in the second half that I'm finding a bit... grating - perhaps a bit harsh or hitting a couple of octaves too high?

but overall I like the structure and the ideas. like Carpenter Brut 'lite' - not quite as full on / angry as some of his music. 

what software you working in again? I'd love to have a crack at the mix-down :)

Yeah, I think I've just cranked the high frequencies on it too much when I've run the final mix down through processing - easy enough fix. The mix isn't quite there yet. 

I use Logic Pro X. 

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, I think I've just cranked the high frequencies on it too much when I've run the final mix down through processing - easy enough fix. The mix isn't quite there yet. 

I use Logic Pro X. 

I think it's nearly there mate, good work. At least you've finished something which is more than I can manage most of the time. 

Speaking of unfinished works in progress lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I think it's nearly there mate, good work. At least you've finished something which is more than I can manage most of the time. 

Speaking of unfinished works in progress lol

You've gone all ambient on us. Nice one, dude. I like it. Sounding thicc. You certainly don't stick to one genre! 

It's not the finishing I have a problem with, it's the starting - but now that I've got myself back on track, I'm sure it'll start to come easier. Having a goal to work towards helps, and I hope to get a 5 track down by the end of the summer. I'm a terribly slow musician.

Is BlackFriday your artist name or just something you upload under?

Edited by RoboFox

21 hours ago, RoboFox said:

You've gone all ambient on us. Nice one, dude. I like it. Sounding thicc. You certainly don't stick to one genre! 

It's not the finishing I have a problem with, it's the starting - but now that I've got myself back on track, I'm sure it'll start to come easier. Having a goal to work towards helps, and I hope to get a 5 track down by the end of the summer. I'm a terribly slow musician.

Is BlackFriday your artist name or just something you upload under?

haha, I write loads of ambient stuff. I'm a huge fan of minimal ambient - a few key sounds with subtle changes across a 2-3 minute track.

i'm fascinated by soundtrack / instrumentals and like creating atmospheres. 

I also find it easier to write and gets my 'feelings' out - I find as soon as I start writing a 'song' and incorporating drums I get caught up in process and lose sight of what the piece means. 

I write under different names for different projects, none of it means much, it just helps me focus. blackfriday is an old moniker which has just stuck on my youtube. 

seeing as I'm banned from general chat I'm going to post up some of my photography in here as well:

recent stuff from Seoul in South Korea.

53026521_628405670993328_8092770310094533292_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com

51238521_152657875651839_4380556225112754513_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com

51182563_261658834786426_4348494019359130653_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com

51768216_247688566156054_8701401310338773492_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com

50917187_254587488788312_154956343963487

51396500_649016235556392_662605115490313

These are all jpeg edits from my phone. I'll be reworking the RAW files at some point soon.

I'll post up some more later. @Izzy I thought you'd like to see these. 

• Like 2

@lifted*fox

I should have PM'd you Daz to ask how you got on in South Korea mate - sorry :unsure:

Those pictures are wicked mate - especially the fifth one down which is my favourite. You've definitely got a talent there fella :thumbup:

P.S. Can't believe you're still banned from Gen Chat mate - that's shite but hopefully just temporary...

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

@lifted*fox

I should have PM'd you Daz to ask how you got on in South Korea mate - sorry :unsure:

Those pictures are wicked mate - especially the fifth one down which is my favourite. You've definitely got a talent there fella :thumbup:

P.S. Can't believe you're still banned from Gen Chat mate - that's shite but hopefully just temporary... 

haha thanks mate, no worries! I'm off again on Thursday - heading to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Myanmar, Siem Reap and then Bohol in the Philippines. - lots of great photography opportunities! 

Thanks for the photo love - these are a bit low quality as they were on the road edits for instagram - I'll post up some full quality stuff soon - here's one at higher res - bit more detail:

fBwLzoB.jpg

and yeah, sucks to be banned from general still but there we go. looks boring as **** in there without me :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

haha thanks mate, no worries! I'm off again on Thursday - heading to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Myanmar, Siem Reap and then Bohol in the Philippines. - lots of great photography opportunities! 

Thanks for the photo love - these are a bit low quality as they were on the road edits for instagram - I'll post up some full quality stuff soon - here's one at higher res - bit more detail:

fBwLzoB.jpg

and yeah, sucks to be banned from general still but there we go. looks boring as **** in there without me :D

It's so cool how yo capture the mood like that. I'd have probably asked her to smile and say cheese or summat lol

Yeah, Gen Chat has gone down the bog mate since you've been banned :D

Can't believe you're off again on Thursday you jammy git!

Enjoy it Daz. I know you love it in that part of the world so have a wicked time dude.

Look forward to more awesome pictures on your return!

Safe trip dude :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

It's so cool how yo capture the mood like that. I'd have probably asked her to smile and say cheese or summat lol

Yeah, Gen Chat has gone down the bog mate since you've been banned :D

Can't believe you're off again on Thursday you jammy git!

Enjoy it Daz. I know you love it in that part of the world so have a wicked time dude.

Look forward to more awesome pictures on your return!

Safe trip dude :thumbup:

Thanks Izzy, I'm buzzing mate. Love that part of the world, for sure. 

The key to capturing those moments is to try and capture them without people knowing. It's difficult sometimes but it makes it easy to capture people being natural and that then tells its own story. 

Good luck with Brexit while I'm away hehe. Who knows, maybe they won't let me back in (fingers crossed!) lol

Be safe friend. I'll message when I get back! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Appreciate none of ya have probably listened to us, but my band are releasing our first and final LP. 

Using Qrates, so at the moment it’s only pledges, no money is taken unless the target of 100 is met.

Lovely Pink and Blue Vinyl, 4 sides of Psych Rock loveliness. Also features a Leicester landmark on the cover! 

https://qrates.com/projects/21429-jeefy-hymns

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 15:31, FerrisBueller said:

Appreciate none of ya have probably listened to us, but my band are releasing our first and final LP. 

Using Qrates, so at the moment it’s only pledges, no money is taken unless the target of 100 is met.

Lovely Pink and Blue Vinyl, 4 sides of Psych Rock loveliness. Also features a Leicester landmark on the cover! 

https://qrates.com/projects/21429-jeefy-hymns

just flicked through some of your tunes on spotify, cool sound man. I'll check some more out. 

the vinyl package looks nice as well, tempted to pick that up.

On 21/09/2020 at 19:00, lifted*fox said:

just flicked through some of your tunes on spotify, cool sound man. I'll check some more out. 

the vinyl package looks nice as well, tempted to pick that up.

Thankyou mate, very kind! Touché! The tune you posted above is very cool, right up my street.

We’ve all (more or less) moved out the midlands now, so it seemed the only logical thing to do was to bang out a double album with all the unreleased tunes we had, desperately hoping we hit the target, looking good at the moment!