Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your Music: Post It Here

@BenTheFox @FerrisBueller @lifted*fox

Any of you guys released anything recently or tried to accumulate interest across social media etc? 

I've been ramping up production on a couple of tracks with the intention of actually doing something with them for a change, but the last time I put any music out there it was on iTunes and MySpace (fvck my life) 

I even used to work for a major record label and even that doesn't help. Totally clueless in 2022 and just wondering if anyone has any tips... 

Edited by RoboFox

53 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Any of you guys released anything recently or tried to accumulate interest across social media etc? 

I've been ramping up production on a couple of tracks with the intention of actually doing something with them for a change, but the last time I put any music out there it was on iTunes and MySpace (fvck my life) 

I even used to work for a major record label and even that doesn't help. Totally clueless in 2022 and just wondering if anyone has any tips... 

I think @BenTheFox will have done it more recently, but we had quite a bit of success with an instagram account and the paid ads, it’s relatively cheap so we begrudgingly paid it. Fix yourself a decent promo video or visual to go with it and it definitely helps with outreach.

On 15/09/2022 at 15:10, RoboFox said:

Totally clueless in 2022 and just wondering if anyone has any tips... 

Not much I can offer in the way of help tbh mate - I don't really promote my music much. Just do it in my spare time and share on a couple of forums.

I hardly ever finish tracks so that one above was somewhat of a rarity lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/09/2022 at 15:10, RoboFox said:

I do a track, post it everywhere via DistroKid, then about 3 mates listen to it and don’t say anything 🤣

Then I just start another track. I think I post it everywhere just to consider it done. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Flamey said:

What's up? 🤔

lol

Forgot I posted this.

I’d reached the end of my tether with a mix that just sounded dogshit. I think I’ve cracked that particular song, but now everything else needs to be brought up to scratch.

Long.

4 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Thank you, I'm (obviously) just a hobbyist who enjoys writing/recording music primarily... unfortunately mixing has to be taken into account..and a demanding mistress she is! 🫣

I came back to it after the best part of a decade a couple of years ago and I had to re-train my ears from scratch.

There's so much to learn out there that I feel like I'm constantly just learning, then going back and re-doing everything (repeat ad infinitum), although I am getting to a point now where I'd feel comfortable putting something out there.

I've also spent a small fortune on plugins etc.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I came back to it after the best part of a decade a couple of years ago and I had to re-train my ears from scratch.

There's so much to learn out there that I feel like I'm constantly just learning, then going back and re-doing everything (repeat ad infinitum), although I am getting to a point now where I'd feel comfortable putting something out there.

I've also spent a small fortune on plugins etc.

I identify completely...with every single part of this!! ....great fun though.. mostly 😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have various music projects, some old band stuff (brit pop era), some singer/songwriter stuff and my synth/electronica project.

Get very few listens for any of it, but the synth stuff is particularly hard to get heard as i have no idea where to promote it as i actually know very little about that scene.

It's not you average repetitive stuff, more inspired by prog rock type synth stuff.

Would be great to get some feedback, or if any one has any tips about this genre.

https://skfs.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Lillehamring

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I have various music projects, some old band stuff (brit pop era), some singer/songwriter stuff and my synth/electronica project.

Get very few listens for any of it, but the synth stuff is particularly hard to get heard as i have no idea where to promote it as i actually know very little about that scene.

It's not you average repetitive stuff, more inspired by prog rock type synth stuff.

Would be great to get some feedback, or if any one has any tips about this genre.

https://skfs.bandcamp.com/

I will definitely give it a listen, as lots of your story sounds like we have a shared history!! 🫣

On 28/02/2024 at 22:20, Flamey said:

I will definitely give it a listen, as lots of your story sounds like we have a shared history!! 🫣

Much obliged - i'm sure there's a few of us around - keeping up the tradition of the old rockers, still rocking!

• Like 1