Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your Music: Post It Here

I wrote a little ditty about the state of things at the moment, hopefully it puts a smile on a few faces. Not written anything, let alone uploaded it to the world in years so be kind :D 

It's a bit sweary so watch out if you're playing it with kids around. Take it with a pinch of salt, just a bit of fun :) In a nutshell the song's message is be nice to people, opinions should be secondary to friendship etc.

• 6 months later...
On 20/09/2017 at 16:19, FerrisBueller said:

may as well post it here n'all

Oh shit, I saw your band in Manchester a few years ago. You had Leicester bunting over your amp and I spoke to you about it briefly afterwards. Listened to your stuff since and it's really cool. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Oh shit, I saw your band in Manchester a few years ago. You had Leicester bunting over your amp and I spoke to you about it briefly afterwards. Listened to your stuff since and it's really cool. 

Shit man, I remember you! That's crazy, what a small world/internet. Glad to hear it man, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Yeah, it's a new band. We started and then lockdown hit. Sod's law ahah

Ahh man bet you're dying to gig! Last year was gonna be our last proper year as a band and then Corona happened, not gigged in ages now.

Will keep an eye out for you whenever I'm back in Notts!

• 4 weeks later...

What does everyone use for monitoring at home? 

I've got a couple of pairs (Genelecs and Samson) each of which has one monitor on the blink. At the moment I'm trying to work out whether it's economically viable to repair. I rather suspect the Genelecs will be, the Samson might be a lost cause. 

Thinking about buying another pair - Adam A7X look excellent, but a bit pricey. Yamaha HS8 seem like the best option. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/05/2021 at 10:19, RoboFox said:

What does everyone use for monitoring at home? 

I've got a couple of pairs (Genelecs and Samson) each of which has one monitor on the blink. At the moment I'm trying to work out whether it's economically viable to repair. I rather suspect the Genelecs will be, the Samson might be a lost cause. 

Thinking about buying another pair - Adam A7X look excellent, but a bit pricey. Yamaha HS8 seem like the best option. 

I have Yam HS8s and rate them highly. 

Updated version of the old NS10M (iirc) but they've been an industry studio staple for years. 

I actually auditioned them over 10 years ago next to a pair of A7X and not only couldn't justify the extra money but I thought they were far superior. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I have Yam HS8s and rate them highly. 

Updated version of the old NS10M (iirc) but they've been an industry studio staple for years. 

I actually auditioned them over 10 years ago next to a pair of A7X and not only couldn't justify the extra money but I thought they were far superior. 

I asked a dubbing mixer colleague of mine, and he said the same thing. In fact also uses the HS8s and likes how "brutally honest" they are. 

Getting the Genelecs and Samsons repaired for a couple of hundred quid, and then I'll probs flog 'em on Ebay to fund the purchase. Nice one man. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I asked a dubbing mixer colleague of mine, and he said the same thing. In fact also uses the HS8s and likes how "brutally honest" they are. 

Getting the Genelecs and Samsons repaired for a couple of hundred quid, and then I'll probs flog 'em on Ebay to fund the purchase. Nice one man. Thanks. 

They are honest and flat but still have a 'nice' sound. I use for production but also for general listening and gaming and everything sounds great through them.

I find they aren't too fatiguing either - I can write for extended periods without the highs getting too harsh to my ears. 

I was gonna say you're welcome to pop by and give them a listen but you're not in Leicester?  

22 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

They are honest and flat but still have a 'nice' sound. I use for production but also for general listening and gaming and everything sounds great through them.

I find they aren't too fatiguing either - I can write for extended periods without the highs getting too harsh to my ears. 

I was gonna say you're welcome to pop by and give them a listen but you're not in Leicester?  

Appreciate it, but yeah I’m down in the South East. I’ll take your word for it - you know your onions. 

Good to see you back on here, though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was my old band from way back, I only had the tracks on cassette so audio fidelity is 'a little vintage' shall we say...we used to play regularly up and down the country, including Princess Charlotte a fair few times, good times. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

https://songwhip.com/expressofficeportico/mishmesh

New tune out today. I think it has 'running through a Berlin underground station in 1986' kinda vibes. Hope you enjoy it x

Wicked tune man!

Saw your interview with The Bodega the other day, wish I was in England to get down to a few of your gigs!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...