Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stm08007

American potentially looking for ticket to Crystal Palace match

Hi Everyone!

sorry for spamming, but I just posted this in the welcome thread on this site (which I was referred to from someone on reddit, where I also posted this).  I figured there was a good chance not alot of people would see my post there, so I wanted to also post in this sub-forum... 

Very long story short, but I'm planning a trip for mid-march to the UK (never left America before). In the interest of full disclosure, I'm actually a sunderland fan. That said, I've been pulling for Leicester to keep winning since very early in the season (so don't think of me as too big of a bandwagoner!)-- I genuinely thought they had a fighting chance to win the league since probably October (I remember being awestruck at their record since the last couple months of last season)

Anyways, my first and foremost goal is to see the Sunderland-Everton game March 12th (I'm scheduled to be in UK Wednesday the 9th through Friday the 18th). Unfortunately, there is a decent chance that game will be moved due to Everton being in the FA Cup. One of the main reasons I'm going to be in the UK is to see a game, so I have a few backup plans (see United-Watford that Saturday since that's relatively close to where I'll be at that time if they lose their FA Cup games which is unlikely; see a midweek London-based or Sunderland game that is rescheduled since I'll be in London for the tail end of my trip but of course wouldn't mind the train ride to Sunderland).

If all that fails (which, unfortunately, is more likely than I would have hoped), I'm prepared to extend my trip a couple days to see a London-based game on that Saturday. I was very excited to see Leicester is in London at that time, and that would totally salvage my trip from a football perspective. I figured my best bet was to ask the home supporters for some help but nothing has turned up yet there

That said, I was hoping some kind soul would be able to help me figure out how to get my hands on two tickets. Like I said this is a last resort (I'd really prefer not to extend my trip for personal reasons, but I'm prepared to do it if it means I can actually see a live EPL game). I will not know for sure for about 2 weeks (after Evertons next FA Cup) game if I actually need these tickets, but I didn't want to wait that long to start searching.. 

PS- this plan was in motion even before the City win (although I did wake up at 7AM the other day to watch it), so don't think I'm only doing this now!

EDIT: Not sure why I put "ticket", but I would actually potentially be looking for 2 tickets (one for me and one for my lady).. As long as I have a decent view of the field (which I'm told may be a stretch at CP's stadium), I would be ecstatic, so I don't need particularly good tickets

Get ready for a backlash.....

I'm bracing myself for it, but desperate times call for desperate measures lol

I truly would love to see any game... Sunderland being my first choice, but if that doesn't work out, seeing Leicester would make for an absolutely awesome vacation for me

And I really do feel the way I've said (look at my last post I just replied to someone with)

Admire the honesty, but if I was selling/knew someone selling I would only give it to a fellow Leicester fan who wants to be there(rather than someone who only wants to be there because we are doing well). Reckon many others would feel the same way

Fair enough, though I do genuinely want to be there.  If I was actually able to go to the UK when I first planned back in October, I would have been very happy to see them at that point too.  I am a huge fan of the sport in general (I passionately follow MLS, as well as the national team), yet the EPL has become by far the most exciting league to watch for me.  I would be thrilled to take in the atmosphere of ANY game, however I would greatly prefer it to be Sunderland who I have been following for years.  And if that doesn't work, I would again be happy to see any game, though Leicester would be at the top of my list -- not just because they're doing well but because I sincerely enjoy rooting for them too

I think the only chance you would have as a tourist is to buy one of the hospitality packages

If that's my absolute only chance, I suppose I would do that, though I expect it to be pretty expensive-- as I've said, I would already be adding two days to my trip if I stayed into Saturday (a trip that is already getting to be pretty pricey), and a hospitality package I would expect to hurt my budget even more.

That said, I'm hoping somebody out there could help a fellow football fan out :)

Hi Everyone!

sorry for spamming, but I just posted this in the welcome thread on this site (which I was referred to from someone on reddit, where I also posted this). I figured there was a good chance not alot of people would see my post there, so I wanted to also post in this sub-forum...

Very long story short, but I'm planning a trip for mid-march to the UK (never left America before). In the interest of full disclosure, I'm actually a sunderland fan. That said, I've been pulling for Leicester to keep winning since very early in the season (so don't think of me as too big of a bandwagoner!)-- I genuinely thought they had a fighting chance to win the league since probably October (I remember being awestruck at their record since the last couple months of last season)

Anyways, my first and foremost goal is to see the Sunderland-Everton game March 12th (I'm scheduled to be in UK Wednesday the 9th through Friday the 18th). Unfortunately, there is a decent chance that game will be moved due to Everton being in the FA Cup. One of the main reasons I'm going to be in the UK is to see a game, so I have a few backup plans (see United-Watford that Saturday since that's relatively close to where I'll be at that time if they lose their FA Cup games which is unlikely; see a midweek London-based or Sunderland game that is rescheduled since I'll be in London for the tail end of my trip but of course wouldn't mind the train ride to Sunderland).

If all that fails (which, unfortunately, is more likely than I would have hoped), I'm prepared to extend my trip a couple days to see a London-based game on that Saturday. I was very excited to see Leicester is in London at that time, and that would totally salvage my trip from a football perspective. I figured my best bet was to ask the home supporters for some help but nothing has turned up yet there

That said, I was hoping some kind soul would be able to help me figure out how to get my hands on two tickets. Like I said this is a last resort (I'd really prefer not to extend my trip for personal reasons, but I'm prepared to do it if it means I can actually see a live EPL game). I will not know for sure for about 2 weeks (after Evertons next FA Cup) game if I actually need these tickets, but I didn't want to wait that long to start searching..

PS- this plan was in motion even before the City win (although I did wake up at 7AM the other day to watch it), so don't think I'm only doing this now!

EDIT: Not sure why I put "ticket", but I would actually potentially be looking for 2 tickets (one for me and one for my lady).. As long as I have a decent view of the field (which I'm told may be a stretch at CP's stadium), I would be ecstatic, so I don't need particularly good tickets

I read the first few paragraphs and stabbed my eyes out so hopefully this message makes sense and I'm not eating a twig.

You will easily get a ticket in the Sunderland end for Sunderland v Leicester game.

They rarely fill the ground.

This. 

If you really want to see a game in London, it's not Premier League any more but try QPR or Fulham.

This. 

If you really want to see a game in London, it's not Premier League any more but try QPR or Fulham.

You will easily get a ticket in the Sunderland end for Sunderland v Leicester game.

They rarely fill the ground.

the problem is i already have my trip booked... only time I'll be able to see any game period is that weekend

If there's absolutely no way I can see an EPL game, I'm prepared to see a championship, but I'm really hoping it doesnt get to that (especially since I'd be tacking two more days onto my trip)

the problem is i already have my trip booked... only time I'll be able to see any game period is that weekend

If there's absolutely no way I can see an EPL game, I'm prepared to see a championship, but I'm really hoping it doesnt get to that (especially since I'd be tacking two more days onto my trip)

Woah nothing wrong with Championship... We were there a few years ago

I think the reason you have had no offers is because away tickets are so hard to come by, even for loyal fans who have had season tickets for at least 2 years and also been to a handful of away games. The priority points system for getting away tickets has been heatedly debated on here recently, and I guess there isn't much sympathy when you admit that Leicester aren't even your first choice Premier League team.

It's great that people all over the world are taking an interest in the club, but I and many other fans cannot understand the mentality of following a team, just because they are a so called 'big club' or like Leicester this year, have an amazing season.

The 'day tripper' or 'tourist' is frowned upon by many. It's no problem for me, and the more the merrier in my eyes, but not if it's at the expense of fans who have earned the right to be a higher priority. If we ever go back to League one you will certainly be most welcome, and maybe come to the game against Aston Villa.

I really don't think you have a chance here. 
And to be fair I'm really glad as harsh as it sounds. It will be dahm right shame if we get to the point where we are selling over priced tickets to tourists who just want to go for the 'entertainment' because all of a sudden we have found a spark of magic.

One of the things that has driven us to having a blinding season this year are our fans support. The atmosphere in the ground is breath taking because our fans bleed blue and have been loyal supporters from day one. They know the history, they know the chants and it's nothing but pure love and it's reflected in the player perfomances this season. 
The last thing I want is our club to be a sell out club. Like Arsenal , quiet, over priced and no passion.
We need to keep a tight dedicated fan base. So for them reason you won't find a ticket. soz

M

And to be fair I'm really glad as harsh as it sounds. It will be dahm right shame if we get to the point where we are selling over priced tickets to tourists who just want to go for the 'entertainment' because all of a sudden we have found a spark of magic.

One of the things that has driven us to having a blinding season this year are our fans support. The atmosphere in the ground is breath taking because our fans bleed blue and have been loyal supporters from day one. They know the history, they know the chants and it's nothing but pure love and it's reflected in the player perfomances this season. 

The last thing I want is our club to be a sell out club. Like Arsenal , quiet, over priced and no passion.

We need to keep a tight dedicated fan base. So for them reason you won't find a ticket. soz

M

This does though sound a bit rich when 3 of your 6 posts have been begging for tickets. One of those is Crystal Palace which hasn't even gone on sale yet, so I am presuming you have little or no priority either. A little hypocritical In my opinion.

M

This

This does though sound a bit rich when 3 of your 6 posts have been begging for tickets. One of those is Crystal Palace which hasn't even gone on sale yet, so I am presuming you have little or no priority either. A little hypocritical In my opinion.

But then this also!!

Try buying some in the home end, palace have a few empty seats normally.

Unless you're a palace fan wanting to hide in toilets and grab our flags....

You maybe on to something here.

Get some with the holmsdale retards. Nick a few flags and make a run for the away end. You may just get tickets for life lol

Archived