Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Away Tickets and Points

I've been trying to get my points tally higher all year. Last year, I was a little naive on how the new points system worked and therefore, people have got a head start on me.

I'm desperate to catch them up but I'm struggling too. The reason mainly is due to people offering there references to others who they don't even know. Or people buying tickets and selling them at a profit which I know happens having heard this from people sat near me at away games.

I do think this needs to stop.

It's now come to the point where people advertise on here, "need 2 or 3 reference for such a game" or people buy the tickets purposely not intending to go and sell them on.

I hope the club does something about this.

Hi, i do believe you raise some very interesting points. Especially, where you mention others giving references out in order to benefit themselves points wise but never intend to attend any away games. This, practice is utterly wrong and the club should be working with supporters to stop this practice.

I attend as many away games as I can I am lucky enough to be P1 my brother though has been stuck on 107 points for ages he just can't get to 108 to make him p3 as it is always sold out before it reaches p4 where he can buy a ticket.

I also know a lot of p1 season ticket holders who have never been to an away game in their lives yet they remain p1 because they give out their references to others hence benefitting themselves and depriving others who want to attend away games but can't cos it will never get to their selling priority.

Something does need to be done about this at club level and supporters groups? It is also wrong at the start of the season you get deducted 50 points from previous years attendances because suddenly they don't count albeit you have been a lifelong season ticket holder.

You will always get the where were you when we were shit brigade morons justiyfying their borrowing references lifestyle. However, the current system does need evaluating.

Nobody should be allowed to use others references to obtain tickets end of. Club officials in the ticketing office need to stop this practice. It may then be a fairer system for all.

Hi, i do believe you raise some very interesting points. Especially, where you mention others giving references out in order to benefit themselves points wise but never intend to attend any away games. This, practice is utterly wrong and the club should be working with supporters to stop this practice.

I attend as many away games as I can I am lucky enough to be P1 my brother though has been stuck on 107 points for ages he just can't get to 108 to make him p3 as it is always sold out before it reaches p4 where he can buy a ticket.

I also know a lot of p1 season ticket holders who have never been to an away game in their lives yet they remain p1 because they give out their references to others hence benefitting themselves and depriving others who want to attend away games but can't cos it will never get to their selling priority.

Something does need to be done about this at club level and supporters groups? It is also wrong at the start of the season you get deducted 50 points from previous years attendances because suddenly they don't count albeit you have been a lifelong season ticket holder.

You will always get the where were you when we were shit brigade morons justiyfying their borrowing references lifestyle. However, the current system does need evaluating.

Nobody should be allowed to use others references to obtain tickets end of. Club officials in the ticketing office need to stop this practice. It may then be a fairer system for all.

This, however you say your brother has been stuck on 107 for a while? there has been plenty of opportunities, Everton, spurs(cup and league), villa and man city as well were all well within that point range so can't agree with that!

1) If you actually do know a lot of P1 who don't go to any away matches, why don't you name them. You are not actually helping the situation by keeping quiet, are you?

2) Losing 50 points is ok by me as it affects everybody and if you have been to say an average 8 always a season, you are almost certainly guaranteed P2.

3) I don't mind saying that I have got tickets for about half dozen guys on this forum, who I have got to know and trust. Often for home fixtures. I don't think this makes me a moron. As me and my lads are in the 131/140 range, it doesn't really make a difference to our points totals.

4) Also Spurs away in th league went down to 60 points and the cup match went to members, your brother would have qualified, did he go?

Just seems to be the same old three and four pence, people moaning, no system is perfect, but there have been plenty of chances this year to boost your score. For instance, Bournemouth technically went down to P4, which a member of my family was on. Missed out initially, but a week before the game I rang up everyday to the TO for returns and four days before the game they had 10 or so returned. I bought two. Sometimes you just have to be proactive and makes things happen!

Well the person must've been to away games to be a p1 you must've attended games in the championship seasons. No one would've asked for a reference in those seasons as away games hit general sale every time with the exception of forest etc

That's not realistic thought, who are the club to tell someone that they can't give their ticket away to their mate, for example Arsenal, someone buys a ticket, it gets moved for TV and now they can't go. What happens then? Do you have to take your ticket back? 

It won't change until ticket have your name on and you have to show ID at the turnstiles, which would be a sad, sad day imo. 

if you know loads of P1s who don't go why don't you just use their references and go every week?

Been every game home and away, I've built my dads priority from 5 to 3, I've got to every away day either by using my dads or getting a reference or ticket off here, if your desperate enough to go away you can get a ticket on here face value, you just have to keep and eye out, and it is slow but you can build your points up by going to the games like bury away and so on.

With away ticket points I think they should be added on to the season ticket after the game when you prove that you went by taking your ticket to the ticket office. Therefore it allows the people on lower points to gain more

What's the point in that all it'll do is make the ticket office even busier needlessly

Well i'll add my six pennant worth now,

You can get your points up, yes it takes time and you have to add in the cup matches, I've just gone to P2, with my grandson, we only started going away last season as a lady alone with a young lad its a little different, so If I can do it then you can too

But it does pee me off when you see away refs from P1/P2 popping up here regular.

Maybe I should of given mine away then id of been in P2 sooner??  

I missed out on Watford and should of missed out on Arsenal,  due to the manic midnight online chaos, but managed to get 2 tickets eventually, but obviously didn't get my point, even though attended 

I don't think anything will stop P1 and P2 giving points away, but I do think the brackets should be changed...

I was on 114 last week for C Palace  and those on 108 could buy the same time as me!   6 matches diff       hello !!!  

Also it would put less pressure on the online/telephone sales side surely if less were trying to log on / call at the same time!

We know by the fact the tickets are only reaching P3 that its only gonna get worse,  Watford pretty much sold out on P2, and a fair few like me

must of jumped a bracket during the last months, so its only going to get worse for P2 by that reckoning !

It definitely needs to be looked at or the elite in P1 will soon be the only ones guaranteed..

You have certainly hit the nail on the head with regards to the brackets as you say 6 games is a big difference.

However I know of several people that have passed 150 points and they have to queue on the phone with people who have done over a seasons less than them. But what can you do if the club won't move the brackets.

You have certainly hit the nail on the head with regards to the brackets as you say 6 games is a big difference.

However I know of several people that have passed 150 points and they have to queue on the phone with people who have done over a seasons less than them.

Brackets used to be STH with 0-7 away games P3, 8-12 away games P2 and 13+ P 1.

There were only 3 priority days for all STH, the system now has a lot more dates, but how far do you go? Baring in mind the time from receiving tickets to game day, the TO couldn't sell away tickets over a 3 week period (eg) when they've got to post them out.

At present I think it works well, as said above STH have had enough chance to climb the ladder but those games weren't attractive enough for them to go.

As for your mates on 150, they would've had the option to go on the away scheme in our first Premier league season,(if they did at least 7 Championship league aways) if they're that high they should've taken it up, they didn't invite anyone last summer, just those already on it.

With all things though, they simply cannot please everyone.

Funny how getting an away ticket is suddenly extremely difficult now we are top of the prem. :rolleyes:

As long as the people getting tickets were all avid supporters before (I'm sure they were) I don't have any problem with fans making an extra effort this season.

It seems to me that some see any increase in a person's attendance due to on-pitch success as glory hunting.

Brackets used to be STH with 0-7 away games P3, 8-12 away games P2 and 13+ P 1.

There were only 3 priority days for all STH, the system now has a lot more dates, but how far do you go? Baring in mind the time from receiving tickets to game day, the TO couldn't sell away tickets over a 3 week period (eg) when they've got to post them out.

At present I think it works well, as said above STH have had enough chance to climb the ladder but those games weren't attractive enough for them to go.

As for your mates on 150, they would've had the option to go on the away scheme in our first Premier league season,(if they did at least 7 Championship league aways) if they're that high they should've taken it up, they didn't invite anyone last summer, just those already on it.

With all things though, they simply cannot please everyone.

I'm on the scheme but sure it was more than 108 points that got invited wasn't it? Seems a while ago so I maybe wrong, the people I know who didn't sign up, made a choice granted as they like to be able to choose their seats.

I'm not saying then need to spread the selling time out over a longer period, but the club must know 1000's fall into one bracket for example, so they could risk having a 135+ for just one day, then over 125+ then 120+ and 115+ 110+ that still only takes one week.

I know this will still piss off people further down the ladder but it would solve this problem of the website crashing at midnight in the short term.

Like you say tho, they can never please everyone, just glad I have managed to keep my points going since the o'neill era and was still high enough to get the L1 smaller allocations, going to all the tuesday night games, at Florist, Birmingham, Barnsley etc in the championship now looks a good decision.

Archived