Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Away Tickets and Points

I've been trying to get my points tally higher all year. Last year, I was a little naive on how the new points system worked and therefore, people have got a head start on me.

I'm desperate to catch them up but I'm struggling too. The reason mainly is due to people offering there references to others who they don't even know. Or people buying tickets and selling them at a profit which I know happens having heard this from people sat near me at away games.

I do think this needs to stop.

It's now come to the point where people advertise on here, "need 2 or 3 reference for such a game" or people buy the tickets purposely not intending to go and sell them on.

I hope the club does something about this.

There's been enough opportunities this season alone to get to P3 for a second year season ticket holder if you were prepared to travel. Do the same next season and you'd soon be P2 and pretty much guaranteed a ticket to every away game.

Problem is that means going to Bury, Hull, Swansea etc which many don't want to do.

The system isn't perfect but over a couple of seasons there's no reason why anyone can't get up the rankings with dedication.

There's been enough opportunities this season alone to get to P3 for a second year season ticket holder if you were prepared to travel. Do the same next season and you'd soon be P2 and pretty much guaranteed a ticket to every away game.

Problem is that means going to Bury, Hull, Swansea etc which many don't want to do.

The system isn't perfect but over a couple of seasons there's no reason why anyone can't get up the rankings with dedication.

Agreed there has been some opportunities and I have taken them. My list for this season includes:

West Ham £45 ticket

Swansea

Hull City on a really horrible night where we unfortunately lost

Norwich City

Southampton

So you can see I've been to all 4 corners.

I intend on getting to Palace and Sunderland at least if I can. I just hope I get a ticket. Arsenal, understandably a no go but I thought a trip to Watford, I'd have got but not a chance.

Agreed there has been some opportunities and I have taken them. My list for this season includes:

West Ham £45 ticket

Swansea

Norwich City

Southampton

I intend on getting to Palace and Sunderland at least if I can. I just hope I get a ticket. Arsenal, understandably a no go but I thought a trip to Watford, I'd have got but not a chance.

So assuming you've had two season tickets on the trot which is sounds like you have, if you get tickets for Palace and Sunderland (likely given the price and distance respectively), you'll be on 107, just make one crappy game early next season (league cup away?), and you're P2? 

Then you can climb up onto the high horse with everyone else!  :thumbup:

West Ham £45 ticket

Swansea

Norwich City

Southampton

Fair enough but you could have also done Newcastle, Everton and Man City and gotten to 108 points which would be P3 so Watford (albeit with difficulty) would have made it to your bracket.

So assuming you've had two season tickets on the trot which is sounds like you have, if you get tickets for Palace and Sunderland (likely given the price and distance respectively), you'll be on 107, just make one crappy game early next season (league cup away?), and you're P2?

Then you can climb up onto the high horse with everyone else! :thumbup:

P2 is 115+

Then you can climb up onto the high horse with everyone else!  :thumbup:

That's my full intention sir. I suppose you could say I'm getting there.

It doesn't solve my gripe about people dishing out there references to people who they don't know etc. Worst case scenario, helping family members out and actual friends, ok I get that.

all im seeing here is a person who didnt buy away tickets and now we are good is moaning because they are lower down the pecking order.....

I'm not moaning about being lower down in the pecking order at all. I already mentioned my naivity from last season. The thing I was talking about was the bit about people allowing others to use there references when there not going. Also, mentioned that I'd spoken to some people who'd paid over the odds because some others are trying to profit from there position. This all together stops us unfortunate others being able to catch up and become P1/2/3.

I see what you mean because I'm in a similar position but there's nothing that can realistically be done,

A couple of times this season I've really wanted to go to games but instead of posting on here saying '1 ref needed etc', I've waited and hoped that it makes my priority so I can boost my own ranking rather than someone else's but this has unfortunately meant I've missed out and going sometimes,

The tricky bit is the P1, P2 people have earned there way to the top so its really up to them how they use it but I agree it can be frustrating

The tricky bit is the P1, P2 people have earned there way to the top so its really up to them how they use it but I agree it can be frustrating

Exactly, like me most P1's did all the aways in the championship years before we started getting up near the top so have earned their place.

The system runs fine for most of the time but if anything did change regarding points, dates etc those already in P1,P2 cats would still be in that in the new system.

I'm not telling you what to do but it's obvious if you want to build your status up you need to get to as many aways as you can which now could be very few for the 4 or so games still left to be released.

I've been trying to get my points tally higher all year. Last year, I was a little naive on how the new points system worked and therefore, people have got a head start on me.

I'm desperate to catch them up but I'm struggling too. The reason mainly is due to people offering there references to others who they don't even know. Or people buying tickets and selling them at a profit which I know happens having heard this from people sat near me at away games.

I do think this needs to stop.

It's now come to the point where people advertise on here, "need 2 or 3 reference for such a game" or people buy the tickets purposely not intending to go and sell them on.

I hope the club does something about this.

Bullshit. You didn't want to go then because we were shit and now you want to go because we are good. 

Become mates with away day regulars, that would be my advice.

Under the current system, I lose out. Used to do at least 10-12 a season but had a two year spell where I couldn't, and couldn't afford a season ticket either. Those who can follow season in, season out, deserve first dibs. They've earned it.

Bullshit. You didn't want to go then because we were shit and now you want to go because we are good.

Bit harsh but I can understand why you'd jump to that conclusion without asking. Nothing of the sort really, I now do not work Saturday mornings and I love going to away matches, so jumped at the opportunity this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived