Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

With 12 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

365 members have voted

1. 1. With 12 games to play, where do you think we will finish the season?

• Champions
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th-10th

How was Spurs' performance during the last period they were doing thurs-sun every week?

Genuinely back us to get more points than our rivals between now and the end of the season. Lads deserve the belief because they've been bloody brilliant.

Time to get the KP bouncing like it did at the back end of last season too.

Edit: also think the poll results would be much different were the last two results the other way around.

I said 3rd, but I feel as if we could as easily end up 5th or 6th as we could 1st. If we win three out of the next four, which is asking a lot but perfectly plausible, then we could be looking at five wins from the last eight games for us to be in serious contention for the title. 

I suspect we won't collapse entirely, and may well end up with 19+ points from our last 12 matches, but probably not much more. 4th place could easily be as low as 70, 71 points, and I wouldn't rule out 3rd being round about the 73 mark. At a push, I'd say we'll get there. If we go on another run now, then in a few games' time the 79-82 points (what? 26-29 points from our final 36) you'll most likely need to win the league will seem a lot closer, but as it stands - and with a squad as small as ours - it seems a way off.

Oh - and if we did end 3rd, I'd be over the moon. 5th - it would, bizarrely, feel like a major comedown. I can't even imagine what it would be to finish top, I've accepted that this will never happen for so many years that I don't even have an emotional reaction at the ready for it. 

I honestly think that we have just as a good chance as, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs of winning the leauge. However I think in some games will start to slip however not a big enough of a slip to send us out of the top 4. Therefore I think we will finish second and we will definately be playing in the Champions Leauge next season.

I reckon we'll be Champions - only Man City have arguably easier run in & we're without distraction & tiring european involvement & cups

Tottenham will be fourth - they have the toughest run in.

Arsenal 3rd - easy home games but tough away games

Man City 2nd - they probably have easiest run in

If it comes to the knuckle,

Who believes Chelsea will not turn up final game???

Was talking with a builder mate of mine today who's a Chelsea ST holder. We discussd the final game and his view is that Chelsea fans would detest Spurs or Arsenal to win the league and would much prefer us to (and there's still a lot of love for Ranieri at the bridge). Sounds like Chelsea haven't given up hope of qualifying for the Europa league so let's hope they're still languishing mid table when they play us. I personally hope they get to the CL final at the end of May and then rest their key players for the last PL match against us.

Champions!

I would've said 3rd but Ironically after the Arsanal game I think we're going to win it now. Thinking back to O'Neil's days and how he used the Spurs League Cup defeat (remember our boys clapping Spurs onto the pitch the following game)

I could imagine a couple of photos of the Arse doing a lap of honour after last weeks game would be one hell of a bot of extra motivation (and maybe the £1m Vegas blowout!)

Was talking with a builder mate of mine today who's a Chelsea ST holder. We discussd the final game and his view is that Chelsea fans would detest Spurs or Arsenal to win the league and would much prefer us to (and there's still a lot of love for Ranieri at the bridge). Sounds like Chelsea haven't given up hope of qualifying for the Europa league so let's hope they're still languishing mid table when they play us. I personally hope they get to the CL final at the end of May and then rest their key players for the last PL match against us.

On the other hand, doesn't Chelsea wining champion league knock out one qualification spot? So perhaps we want them to get knocked out and keep away from top 6ish, have nothing to play for and Stamford Bridge supporting us.

There is just gonna be so many twists and turns this season but nice to know it will be the Ranieri show.

Archived