Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freddiethefox

Away end v Everton

I'm keeping my head down and doing my best not to be rumbled. As others have said I hope the Everton supporters leave us to it at full time.

Yeah that's gonna be my approach too. From what I've read some of their fans are planning to stay and watch the trophy presentation though. Can't imagine how hard it's gonna be if we score!

Most of the Everton fans I know that are going are generally happy that we've won the league and are under no illusion the amount of city fans that will be in the away end, I don't think they will mind us half celebrating if we score, they just don't want us being over the top. At the end of day most of them are hardcore fans and are going to watch their team play, as long as we don't take the p**s I think we will be ok.

Although I'm not saying I'm against it, but you will deluded to think that you won't get thrown out by stewards if you jump up when Leicester score. It's a stewards job to eject and stop trouble .

I witnessed it at OT , you run the risk . Hopefully it won't happen, but if there are complaints from other Everton fans stewards have to eject you.

This will make you laugh, years ago I have a similar idea, me and my pal bought a load of tickets for Newcastle away , back in the early 90s, the Geordies were either going to win the league or won it in the old Div 1, I can't recall, Andy Cole was their centre forward, and I think Keegan the gaffer. Anyway our end was behind the goal, in those days it was open. We flogged the tickets in a pub nearby, as I knew 1 Geordie lad and we had prearranged how many to buy and sell. it was 50 or so. It was all very jovial, they had Landisfarne before the game and a party atmosphere.

They scored within minutes of the start and 50 or so Geordies , had to fight for their lives, the stewards and police rushed in and they were ejected and some of them got nicked.

We lost the game 7-1 but made the play offs.

It changed nowadays , but this thread takes me back to that day.

Got my ticket from am Everton fan......will be keeping quiet to make sure I get to the presentation!  Was in the home fans at OT on Sunday but had no trouble despite jumping up when we scored, hopefully the Everton fans are here for a good day out and to join in the party so wont mind!

I'm in the away end too.

As others gave said I'll likely sit on my hands for a few hours. Gonna be hard to keep the jersey under wraps.

Hopefully at full time the Everton fans will just want to leave and the rest of us can make our own section of noise!

Luckily Sky have put it back to 5.30pm so nobody in the away end will have been on the lash for hours and forget where they are when a goal goes in!

The opposite , more drinking time and hot weather

Although I'm not saying I'm against it, but you will deluded to think that you won't get thrown out by stewards if you jump up when Leicester score. It's a stewards job to eject and stop trouble .

I witnessed it at OT , you run the risk . Hopefully it won't happen, but if there are complaints from other Everton fans stewards have to eject you.

This will make you laugh, years ago I have a similar idea, me and my pal bought a load of tickets for Newcastle away , back in the early 90s, the Geordies were either going to win the league or won it in the old Div 1, I can't recall, Andy Cole was their centre forward, and I think Keegan the gaffer. Anyway our end was behind the goal, in those days it was open. We flogged the tickets in a pub nearby, as I knew 1 Geordie lad and we had prearranged how many to buy and sell. it was 50 or so. It was all very jovial, they had Landisfarne before the game and a party atmosphere.

They scored within minutes of the start and 50 or so Geordies , had to fight for their lives, the stewards and police rushed in and they were ejected and some of them got nicked.

We lost the game 7-1 but made the play offs.

It changed nowadays , but this thread takes me back to that day.

I remember that game...went up with a few mates and those Geordies DID celebrate too wildly for my liking until they got kicked out.

According to an Everton fan on local news last night, he said Everton fans are coming down as they have paid for the coaches, but a lot are intending on going to the pubs, and selling their tickets to Leicester fans.

Think the club know the away end is going to be full of Leicester, as the Everton fan was giving his ticket to a Leicester lad, and his son, live on TV.

Archived