Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Joey Gudjonsson

This lad has been immense all season and is head and shoulders above any other player in our team. I would make him captain and give him a new deal before some premiership club snaps him up on a free transfer in the summer.

He was the only bright spark on saturday and without him there would have been 2,000 deaths at Molineaux on saturday all suicides.

WE HAVE JOY, WE HAVE FUN, WE HAVE JO-EY GUDJONSSON

Well done Joey you can be proud of yourself.

This lad has been immense all season and is head and shoulders above any other player in our team. I would make him captain and give him a new deal before some premiership club snaps him up on a free transfer in the summer.

He was the only bright spark on saturday and without him there would have been 2,000 deaths at Molineaux on saturday all suicides.

agreed , by far the most improved player in the side

Now, Joey may have been the only spark on Saturday and I am not even disputing his qualities as a player...

but he just doesn't seem very joyous to me! :P

I've always been a fan of Joey's and I do think he's played must better this season. However, with his contract up in the summer, the wage bill being reduced again, and Weso and Kisnorbo being fit I feel he'll probably be let go in the summer.

PS. I like him, but no way is he going to be 'snapped up' by a Prem club :P

He played well again and I think he's been our most consistent player this season. Last season was probably the opposite - he would have one good game, followed by an average game, followed by two poor games etc. He never did seem able to string along 2 or 3 decent games. His passing was wayward and he conceded far too many free kicks in dangerous areas.

I've always been a fan of Joey's and I do think he's played must better this season. However, with his contract up in the summer, the wage bill being reduced again, and Weso and Kisnorbo being fit I feel he'll probably be let go in the summer.

PS. I like him, but no way is he going to be 'snapped up' by a Prem club :P

Stranger things have happened. Alot of clubs look out for the lower leagues best players on bosmans and the promoted teams or the likes of West Brom, Brum, Blackburn, etc would take a look i'm sure.

I'll second that.

Agreed with Hoof. He has been a rock in midfield for us this season and has shown a bit of quality which we have been lacking. His passing has improved and he's looking much more composed on the ball this season. One of our bright sparks up til now.

Personally i think he knows time is running out and his contract is near ending, so maybe this is why he is putting all this extra effort in? Still he has been our best player this season without doubt

I don't rate Joey at all yes he's hard working but running around a lot and conceding a foul isn't really the standard that I expect a player to have. I think that he'd be lucky to get into any championship side apart from the likes of Sheffield Wednesday. I hope that we get rid of him soon. Also some of his passes are atrocious and instead of building up the play he gives the other team a goalscoring opportunity. He doesn't have a very good sense of direction either and is usually 1 of the players that when we're on an attack will pass the ball right back to the goalkeeper. But evidently no-one else shares my view. :P

I don't rate Joey at all yes he's hard working but running around a lot and conceding a foul isn't really the standard that I expect a player to have. I think that he'd be lucky to get into any championship side apart from the likes of Sheffield Wednesday. I hope that we get rid of him soon. Also some of his passes are atrocious and instead of building up the play he gives the other team a goalscoring opportunity. He doesn't have a very good sense of direction either and is usually 1 of the players that when we're on an attack will pass the ball right back to the goalkeeper. But evidently no-one else shares my view. :P

That was the case last season, not this.

What have you been watching this season? :huh:

Personally i think he knows time is running out and his contract is near ending, so maybe this is why he is putting all this extra effort in? Still he has been our best player this season without doubt

Generally I'd say players only over-perform for new contracts towards the end of the season. I'd attribute his improved form to the fact that he's finally had a pre-season with the club he's staying with for that season (something he hasn't managed since he came over here I believe) which can only benefit relationships with other players, being settled in the area (his dad is near-ish too!) and having a settled training regime. Also he's probably aware that we have many more able central midfielders than we did last season and he needs to step it up to keep his place.

Generally I'd say players only over-perform for new contracts towards the end of the season. I'd attribute his improved form to the fact that he's finally had a pre-season with the club he's staying with for that season (something he hasn't managed since he came over here I believe) which can only benefit relationships with other players, being settled in the area (his dad is near-ish too!) and having a settled training regime. Also he's probably aware that we have many more able central midfielders than we did last season and he needs to step it up to keep his place.

That's a good point. Williams and Joey had it too easy last season. Now with Hughes and SickAirportKnob© fit again and Weso waiting in the wings, its nice to see some genuine competition for places.

Good point, but maybe he is overperforming now so he can't get dropped then when it comes to the end of the season, it will be realy hard for him not to be offered a new contract because of the way he has played, and as someone lese said, they had it easy lasts season but now competetition has hotted up... he starts playing

Good point, but maybe he is overperforming now so he can't get dropped then when it comes to the end of the season, it will be realy hard for him not to be offered a new contract because of the way he has played, and as someone lese said, they had it easy lasts season but now competetition has hotted up... he starts playing

How calculating do you think footballers are? Quite an unlikely cynical view you have there... :huh:

Archived