Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

25 Man Squad

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Right now, the only two without squad numbers are Hamer and Benalouane. Hamer supposedly injured himself during the game yesterday. I have seen nothing about Benny leaving anywhere (except some rumours last week). Given the lack of defensive cover, do we think he is joining the squad?

Hamer and Benalouane both played in their squad numbers last night. 12 and 29 respectively.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Hamer and Benalouane both played in their squad numbers last night. 12 and 29 respectively.

Because they were playing. Everyone playing last night had a squad number. I don't think the team would have made them pick a random number out of a hat. But they haven't been officially "assigned" one yet for the first team. 

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Because they were playing. Everyone playing last night had a squad number. I don't think the team would have made them pick a random number out of a hat. But they haven't been officially "assigned" one yet for the first team. 

Yes that's true, but those numbers are currently only for Hamer and Benny, although you're right, neither of them are named in our prem squad

GK: Kasper, Zieler

RB: Simpson, Hernandez

CB: Morgan, Huth, Wasyl, Benalouane

LB: Fuchs, Chilwell

RW: Mahrez, Gray

CM: Drinkwater, Amartey, King, Mendy, James

LW: Albrighton, Schlupp, Kaputska

CF: Vardy, Okazaki, Slimani, Musa, Ulloa if he stays

-

With Ulloa, thats 25 in total. I think we have good depth there. People might be pissed we didn't sign a CM, but King & James (when fit) are both reliable players for us & I think we can manage, until January atleast. 

26 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

GK: Kasper, Zieler

RB: Simpson, Hernandez

CB: Morgan, Huth, Wasyl, Benalouane

LB: Fuchs, Chilwell

RW: Mahrez, Gray

CM: Drinkwater, Amartey, King, Mendy, James

LW: Albrighton, Schlupp, Kaputska

CF: Vardy, Okazaki, Slimani, Musa, Ulloa if he stays

-

With Ulloa, thats 25 in total. I think we have good depth there. People might be pissed we didn't sign a CM, but King & James (when fit) are both reliable players for us & I think we can manage, until January atleast. 

that is 22 as Chillwell, Gray and Kaputska are under 21 and do not need to be named.

1. Schmeichel
  2. Zieler
  3. Hamer
    Iversen (U21*)
    Max Bramley (U21)

4. Simpson
  5. Hernandez

6. Morgan
  7. Huth
  8. Wasilweksi
  9. Benalouane?

10. Fuchs
    Chilwell (U21)

11. Drinkwater
  12. Mendy
  13. King***
  14. Amartey
  15. James

16. Mahrez
  17. Albrighton
  18. Schlupp***
    Gray (U21*)
    Kapustka (U21*)

19. Vardy
  20. Okazaki
  21. Ulloa
  22. Musa
  23. Slimani

26 out of 23 for the UEFA squad.

So exclude 3 of the following: Hamer, Iversen, James, Kapi, Benny, Ulloa.

9 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

that is 22 as Chillwell, Gray and Kaputska are under 21 and do not need to be named.

Gray, Kapi, and Iversen would need to be named for our UEFA squad.

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Good point. We technically don't need to name 25 players for the CL anyway.

We technically can only name 23. As 4 spots are reserved for players who've spent 3 or more years with the club before being a non-u21.

Once the bedwetters have gone to sleep we could reflect that 6 news signings is probably as many as we can reasonably integrate in one window, and we are probably the only PL winners to do that much business in the following window.

Remember all the wailing and temper tantrums in January, well, things didn't turn out that bad did they?

I trust our owners, our manager and our squad of champions. :scarf:

Archived