Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

25 Man Squad

1. Schmeichel
  2. Hamer
  3. Schwarzer

Maddison (U21)

Iversen (U21)

Dragowski??? (U21)

4. Simpson
  5. De Laet

6. Morgan
  7. Huth
  8. Moore***
  9. Benalouane
  10. Wasilewski
  11. Luis Hernandez???

12. Fuchs

Chilwell (U21)

13. Drinkwater
  14. Kante
  15. King***

Amartey (U21, I think?)

16. Inler
  17. James

18. Mahrez
  19. Albrighton
  20. Schlupp***

Gray (U21)

21. Dyer
  22. Lawrence

23. Vardy
  24. Okazaki
  25. Ulloa
  26. Kramaric

Dodoo (U21)

In bold are players who are regulars in the match day squad

Striked out are players who have contracts expiring

***Players who spent 3+ years with the club before the age of 21

For the UEFA squad, 4 of the 25 are reserved for such players.

(So our UEFA squad will probably have only 23 players.)

Team for next season:

1. Schmeichel

4. Morgan

6. Kante

7. Drinkwater

9. Vardy

11. Mahrez

I'm certainly not saying we need five new players but these are the positions that possibly could be improved, the six starters I've picked should be uber safe. I'd be happy enough to sign two or three new first teamers.

I'd like to keep our young talented players in Gray, Chilwell & Amartey (although not impressed of the little we've seen him). Everyone else would be for sale at the right price but the following are surplus and need to go if possible:

Hamer

De Laet 

Inler

Benalouane

Lawrence

Kramaric

Contracts not renewed

Hammond

Dyer

Schwarzer

Konchesky

King, Schlupp, Moore and Dodoo will be the four home grown I reckon for the champions league? Depends if Moore wants to get his career back and Dodoo needs a loan to the championship ideally?

Hamer, Hammond, Koncheskey, Kramaric, Schwarzer, Inler, De Laet, Lawrence and Wasyl are all certainties to leave in my opinion

Team for next season:

1. Schmeichel

4. Morgan

6. Kante

7. Drinkwater

9. Vardy

11. Mahrez

I'm certainly not saying we need five new players but these are the positions that possibly could be improved, the six starters I've picked should be uber safe. I'd be happy enough to sign two or three new first teamers.

I'd like to keep our young talented players in Gray, Chilwell & Amartey (although not impressed of the little we've seen him). Everyone else would be for sale at the right price but the following are surplus and need to go if possible:

Hamer

De Laet 

Inler

Benalouane

Lawrence

Kramaric

Contracts not renewed

Hammond

Dyer

Schwarzer

Konchesky

Fuchs improved on, thats a bold shout.

Also very harsh on Albrighton he has been crucial to the way we play this season, gets the ball up quickly, works his arse off and his reliability allows Mahrez to do what he wants

Team for next season:

1. Schmeichel

4. Morgan

6. Kante

7. Drinkwater

9. Vardy

11. Mahrez

Hamer

De Laet

Inler

Benalouane

Lawrence

Kramaric

Contracts not renewed

Hammond

Dyer

Schwarzer

Konchesky

Fuchs has been the best LB in the league this year (by a long way) how Rose got ahead of him in TOTY I'll never know. There is no way we improve on him.

I just feel the team this year will be very hard to improve, individuals stand out but collectively they are immense together. You could easily say Simpson could be replaced with a better RB but that wouldn't necessarily improve us as a team. Also Albrighton does all the handy work we would need to replace him with someone not so 'Mahrez like'. I also think we'd struggle to improve on the Huth / Morgan combination. I mean there aren't many top CBs around, look at Mangala, Zouma, Ottamendi all 30m defenders but not a patch on Huth in my opinion

Team for next season:

1. Schmeichel

4. Morgan

6. Kante

7. Drinkwater

9. Vardy

11. Mahrez

Hamer

De Laet

Inler

Benalouane

Lawrence

Kramaric

Contracts not renewed

Hammond

Dyer

Schwarzer

Konchesky

The entire eleven have been sensational the only player of our generic eleven I think should be improved on is Okazaki. He's fantastic for the team and I love him but I'd prefer another 15+goal a season striker with vardy

Fuchs could be improved on? Seriously?!

Fuchs improved on, thats a bold shout.

Also very harsh on Albrighton he has been crucial to the way we play this season, gets the ball up quickly, works his arse off and his reliability allows Mahrez to do what he wants

Fuchs has been the best LB in the league this year (by a long way) how Rose got ahead of him in TOTY I'll never know. There is no way we improve on him.

I just feel the team this year will be very hard to improve, individuals stand out but collectively they are immense together. You could easily say Simpson could be replaced with a better RB but that wouldn't necessarily improve us as a team. Also Albrighton does all the handy work we would need to replace him with someone not so 'Mahrez like'. I also think we'd struggle to improve on the Huth / Morgan combination. I mean there aren't many top CBs around, look at Mangala, Zouma, Ottamendi all 30m defenders but not a patch on Huth in my opinion

I'm not criticising Fuchs by any means and he has at the very least performed to the level I really hoped he would but every team can be improved and you constantly need to strive for better. I would put our players in the following categories:

Kante

Mahrez

Vardy

---------------

Schmeichel

Morgan

Drinkwater

--------------

Fuchs

Huth

Albrighton

--------------

Simpson

Okazaki

That's not a detriment on Simpson & Okazaki as you don't win PL titles with weak links. It's just highlighting how important I think certain players are to us. Anyone in the first group is irreplaceable and the second group is still a star for us. Group three is slightly vulnerable to be being replaced and group four a lot more vulnerable IMO.

Saying that I'd be happy for all these players to stay but it's inevitable our starting XI won't be the same at the start of next season as football teams constantly evolve whether it be for better or worse.

King, Schlupp, Moore and Dodoo will be the four home grown I reckon for the champions league? Depends if Moore wants to get his career back and Dodoo needs a loan to the championship ideally?

Hamer, Hammond, Koncheskey, Kramaric, Schwarzer, Inler, De Laet, Lawrence and Wasyl are all certainties to leave in my opinion

Chilwell?

Is there a better (defensively) RB in the league... Not in my view

We don't currently play flying full backs, so, if we were in for one, we'd need to change the way we play... I am quite happy with the way we play

Simpson will start as many matches as he was fit for is my prediction for CR's likely approach for next season

Is there a better (defensively) RB in the league... Not in my view

We don't currently play flying full backs, so, if we were in for one, we'd need to change the way we play... I am quite happy with the way we play

Simpson will start as many matches as he was fit for is my prediction for CR's likely approach for next season

we started with attacking full backs in de Laet and Schlupp and we were conceding more. As soon as Simpson and Fuchs came in they were more defensive. Also better players

While Fuchs has been great since coming into the side I thought he was looking a little tired the last few games. However his anticipation for being in the right place for headers is amazing.

I don't think any of the other options would be as good at this aspect of his play. He's also 30 years of age.

However if he stays I think Chillwell and Schlupp could make a very good left sided pairing. Chillwell with the brains and skill Schlupp with the pace and strength. This pairing could be there for years to come.

Chilwell?

totally forgot about him, but yeah if he stays he'll be one of the four. But again he could be gone... Hopefully he stays mind

We can have as many U21s as we want, so he doesn't count toward the 4 of 25.

If we're in Europe in a few years time though, it'll be important to still have him.

Any mileage in switching Albrighton to right back to give a more attacking alternative to / cover for Simpson? We seem to be quite well off for wingers and appear to be looking at others (Dembele?), so Marc might not get a look in otherwise. Also gives options for him to move up to right wing during matches to switch play a bit.

Imagine thinking it's wise to change 3 of the back 5 that's won us the premier league

Well Simpson would still be there and we don't appear to have any cover for him at present now de Laet is no longer an option.

We'll have have to do something, either buy or consider something different.

Edit: Apologies, misunderstood, you weren't talking to me. :)

Imagine thinking it's wise to change 3 of the back 5 that's won us the premier league

It is a big dilemma. They are all getting on in age, but have performed fantastically. It makes sense to me to look for younger understudies who can learn from them and chip in with some game time.

Mind you the CL group stages is just an extra 6 matches. You'd think the way Arsenal and others talk about it we'd be playing every day for 3 months.

• 1 month later...

Updated

• Schmeichel
  • Zieler
  • Hamer
    Iversen (U21)
    Dragowski??? (U21)

• Simpson
  • De Laet

• Morgan
  • Huth
  • Moore***
  • Benalouane
  • Wasilewski (offer)
  • Luis Hernandez???

• Fuchs
    Chilwell (U21)

• Drinkwater
  • Kante
  • King***
    Amartey (U21, I think?)
  • Inler
  • James

• Mahrez
  • Albrighton
  • Schlupp***
    Gray (U21)
  • Lawrence

• Vardy
  • Okazaki
  • Ulloa
    Dodoo (U21)

In bold are players who are regulars in the match day squad

Striked out are players who have contracts expiring

***Players who spent 3+ years with the club before the age of 21
For the UEFA squad, 4 of the 25 are reserved for such players.
(So our (over 21) UEFA squad will probably have only 24 players.)

Moore, King, Dodoo and Chilwell will be the four I'd imagine?

Lawrence and De Laet will 100% leave, Inler and Benalouane 50%

Unless we sell Moore, Chilwell and loan out Dodoo then we may struggle with it

Schlupp will be one of the 4 surely.

we are not going to buy any replacements for huth, simpson, fuchs

We may buy cover for these positions, and the incomers may then win the spot, but outright replacement will not be even a consideration.

Archived