Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCABC

one season ticket wanted

Thought it'd be like that, cheers. Basically unless I happened to know someone doing that I won't be able to get a ST until we get a stadium expansion then. I just hope that normal match days next season will be easy to get to for a Silver member. Hopefully I can get my boy one as well as I'd love to take him to the games. He's only 5 and after he went out with his mum shopping last week in his new Leicester kit he said "Dad, are we going to the football station (meaning stadium) now" cutest thing I've ever heard :D

Where's your season ticket?

If things continue the way they are i can see even a 10k ground extension not going anywhere near satisfying season tickets and match day tickets.

I know madness, how on earth can the club accommodate the growing fan base, the new fans starting from scratch with no loyalty points from previous seasons and away games are just going to be turned away pretty much.

Where's your season ticket?

I don't have one, have a silver membership...my Dad asked if I wanted to get an ST with him when we got promoted in 13/14 but I said "give it a couple of seasons, until the baby is born and a bit older and we'll get one then" (as the missus was pregnant at the time so finances and time were an issue). If only I knew what was gonna happen, I'd have happily lived off baked beans for a year and let her nag all she wanted... oh well.

Thing is though any extension to the stadium..the bulk of the tickets will be corporate. That's the only way the club can justify an extension. So say they build 10000 extra seats, I would say 7000 would be premium hospitality. That's where the money is. I can't even see them adding that many on 1 stand. Maybe 7000.

Interesting thread....I have a season ticket as does my son. There's a 5 year age gap between my two children. My youngest is now wanting to go but I can't take her as obviously we all need to sit together.

There's one seat directly in front of my own (in k block) which isn't a STH seat - every other seat in the area is occupied by season ticket holders. I would love this seat for my daughter but appreciate that she's not a priority as doesn't have previous history. I do believe it should go to a gold member...but how many of those want one seat on its own?

And there's no way to build any history for her either - no point in being a member herself, she's 7, she has to sit with me! Guess this is the way it is until we get an expansion.

Yes, but you are not buying it for yourself are you? If you have been a STH for 25 years you already have a season ticket? I do understand your point though but the times are changing. I was once a STH and then moved away from Leicester but kept myself as a Silver Fox as this got me tickets to the games I wanted, until the end of this season when it didn't. My circumstances have changed and I would like to become a STH again but I have to accept that any season tickets (and there will not be many) will be sold in the first instance to Gold Members who are quick to the punch; any Gold Memberships will be sold to Silver Members; and any Silver Memberships will be sold to Fox Members (is this what they are called?). It is possible that I could have a season ticket for the 2017/2018 season but realistically it is more likely to be after this. 

Any system will have perceived flaws: A Gold Member who is paying £75 a season for the privilege - and tbh I doubt any of them are people that jumped on the bandwagon as that membership sold out a long time ago and is expensive -  is going to be pretty p***ed off if they miss out because a STH has an entitlement to buy an extra one for his/her mate/family member - who might not have ever had an interest in Leicester before this season. 

Great post.

I'm a Gold member who tried to buy a ST at the start of this season but couldn't get one. 

Given the chance I'll be buying a ST if one comes available for next season and I have more right to than a long term ST holder who wants to get one for their friends or family.

Great post.

I'm a Gold member who tried to buy a ST at the start of this season but couldn't get one.

Given the chance I'll be buying a ST if one comes available for next season and I have more right to than a long term ST holder who wants to get one for their friends or family.

100%

If a STH of 25 years wants one for his family then he can sign them up the waiting list - they shouldn't be brought forward to the queue just cause Pete McNoodle has had 1073 bovrils in his tenure.

100%

If a STH of 25 years wants one for his family then he can sign them up the waiting list - they shouldn't be brought forward to the queue just cause Pete McNoodle has had 1073 bovrils in his tenure.

I think you will find that there is no waiting list. The way i understand it if there are any available they go to gold members first who have to queue (probably for about a week). I may be mistaken but i dont think so

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah you'd have thought so - as the club website states - any STs not renewed will go on sale to gold members, doesn't mention anything about waiting lists. I badly wish I was a gold member cos there's bound to be some that don't get renewed, worth camping a week outside the KP for.

Yeah you'd have thought so - as the club website states - any STs not renewed will go on sale to gold members, doesn't mention anything about waiting lists. I badly wish I was a gold member cos there's bound to be some that don't get renewed, worth camping a week outside the KP for.

To be honest i would be surprised if there are many. Maybe the odd student goin uni or someone emigrating or dying or something. I would be very surprised if there were even 500 become available!!

To be honest i would be surprised if there are many. Maybe the odd student goin uni or someone emigrating or dying or something. I would be very surprised if there were even 500 become available!!

It'll be a sight when they do go on sale to gold members though, cos some surely will. The scramble will me immense, they'll be a row of tents going all the way round the stadium lol.

Hmmm... With the membership thing, should they not allocate these based on who had it first  - so members for 5 years are automatically offered one before first years? That would essentially make it a waiting list then rather than a free for all for the 250 tickets that are going? Not being able to swap your ticket is woeful too. For example if you have a 14 year old with a ticket and a 6 year old without one and in two years the 14 year old is playing saturday football you cant change the ticket over. So you would essentially have to keep paying for a ticket when you could actually have one for free.

A great idea, send an email to Susan Whelan

Hmmm... With the membership thing, should they not allocate these based on who had it first - so members for 5 years are automatically offered one before first years? That would essentially make it a waiting list then rather than a free for all for the 250 tickets that are going? Not being able to swap your ticket is woeful too. For example if you have a 14 year old with a ticket and a 6 year old without one and in two years the 14 year old is playing saturday football you cant change the ticket over. So you would essentially have to keep paying for a ticket when you could actually have one for free.

Without wanting to start some massive argument on here as these issues do even that could cause problems because i know somebody who was a season ticket holder for some 20 years and had to go work abroad for 3 years because his job made him do that. He gave up his season ticket for the 3 years and then got a membership 2 years ago so does that make him less of a fan or should i say less entitled to a season ticket as somebody who has had a membership longer than him. I dont think there is any completely fair way to be honest, as the saying goes you cant please everybody!

I'm gold. I'm hoping they give an indication off how many up for grabs, to decide when have set up home there !!! Not every gold, will want a season ticket some like the flexibility

A ballot of Gold Members would be the fairest way in my opinion.

Not everyone lives locally, not everyone can book time off work to camp down the KP for three nights to get one!

A ballot of Gold Members would be the fairest way in my opinion.

Not everyone lives locally, not everyone can book time off work to camp down the KP for three nights to get one!

There's always someone who will feel hard done to. I could think it's not fair, that I went all 19 home games and half dozen away, but someone who only went couple games gets same chance.

Archived