Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCABC

one season ticket wanted

Hi 

I'm looking for 1 season ticket for next year. We currently have 2 put have been unable to purchase another one; ours just automatically renewed. 

Will i have to wait for public sale? 

Is there likely to be any that actually go on sale to the public? 

Thanks 

They can only sell a certain percentage as they have to make match day tickets available to the members/general public. Not quite sure on the numbers but I think we have around 23k season ticket holders. Somebody may have a better idea of numbers than me though

I find this odd... Season ticket holders for 25 years cant buy a season ticket. gold member for 6 months can...

Yes, but you are not buying it for yourself are you? If you have been a STH for 25 years you already have a season ticket? I do understand your point though but the times are changing. I was once a STH and then moved away from Leicester but kept myself as a Silver Fox as this got me tickets to the games I wanted, until the end of this season when it didn't. My circumstances have changed and I would like to become a STH again but I have to accept that any season tickets (and there will not be many) will be sold in the first instance to Gold Members who are quick to the punch; any Gold Memberships will be sold to Silver Members; and any Silver Memberships will be sold to Fox Members (is this what they are called?). It is possible that I could have a season ticket for the 2017/2018 season but realistically it is more likely to be after this. 

Any system will have perceived flaws: A Gold Member who is paying £75 a season for the privilege - and tbh I doubt any of them are people that jumped on the bandwagon as that membership sold out a long time ago and is expensive -  is going to be pretty p***ed off if they miss out because a STH has an entitlement to buy an extra one for his/her mate/family member - who might not have ever had an interest in Leicester before this season. 

Yes, but you are not buying it for yourself are you? If you have been a STH for 25 years you already have a season ticket? I do understand your point though but the times are changing. I was once a STH and then moved away from Leicester but kept myself as a Silver Fox as this got me tickets to the games I wanted, until the end of this season when it didn't. My circumstances have changed and I would like to become a STH again but I have to accept that any season tickets (and there will not be many) will be sold in the first instance to Gold Members who are quick to the punch; any Gold Memberships will be sold to Silver Members; and any Silver Memberships will be sold to Fox Members (is this what they are called?). It is possible that I could have a season ticket for the 2017/2018 season but realistically it is more likely to be after this.

Any system will have perceived flaws: A Gold Member who is paying £75 a season for the privilege - and tbh I doubt any of them are people that jumped on the bandwagon as that membership sold out a long time ago and is expensive - is going to be pretty p***ed off if they miss out because a STH has an entitlement to buy an extra one for his/her mate/family member - who might not have ever had an interest in Leicester before this season.

Circumstances have changed.. You mean we became champions lol

Any system will have perceived flaws: A Gold Member who is paying £75 a season for the privilege - and tbh I doubt any of them are people that jumped on the bandwagon as that membership sold out a long time ago and is expensive -  is going to be pretty p***ed off if they miss out because a STH has an entitlement to buy an extra one for his/her mate/family member - who might not have ever had an interest in Leicester before this season. 

Should I have bought an extra couple 5 years ago in case I had more children then?

Is there a limit of the number of season tickets they are likely to sell?

I don't believe so , but having all season tickets effects earnings for example the 4500 seats for non season tickets probably earn as much as 10-12000 season tickets , it's a balancing act and that excludes the corporate which earn 10-15 times what a season ticket earns so 2000 of those seats are about the same income as 20000 season tickets seats for a match

So for Everton the income generated would equate to having sold about 50-60000 season ticket seats for the game !

Should I have bought an extra couple 5 years ago in case I had more children then?

No, and I genuinely think that they need to find a way of sorting things like this out - I do not have the answers I am just saying that it is more complicated than your original post suggests. If every STH was entitled to buy another season ticket then the KP becomes a closed shop, memberships would be pointless and you might still miss out because there is potentially 23000 people who 'could' buy another one. I have multiple family members who are STH. It is hard to judge on a case-by-case basis, I can see that. There has to be a system - maybe they can have a waiting list for family members of STH who get something like 25% of the possible season tickets available every season with the other 75% going to Gold Members etc. If you don't get one on a given season then you move up the list for next season - it would have to be some kind of paid junior membership though that also gave you an opportunity to also buy tickets, if wanted.

I'm in the same boat - needing one extra ticket but I'm not holding out much hope.

If there are any non-renewals it is going to be a tiny number and any of these will likely get swept up by people with connections to the club.

If I couldn't go to many games next season, I'd probably still retain my ticket anyway and share it amongst family and friends rather than lose it. This is what happens at other clubs - people retain ST of long dead people instead of losing the ticket and having to join the queue again.

No, and I genuinely think that they need to find a way of sorting things like this out - I do not have the answers I am just saying that it is more complicated than your original post suggests. If every STH was entitled to buy another season ticket then the KP becomes a closed shop, memberships would be pointless and you might still miss out because there is potentially 23000 people who 'could' buy another one. I have multiple family members who are STH. It is hard to judge on a case-by-case basis, I can see that. There has to be a system - maybe they can have a waiting list for family members of STH who get something like 25% of the possible season tickets available every season with the other 75% going to Gold Members etc. If you don't get one on a given season then you move up the list for next season - it would have to be some kind of paid junior membership though that also gave you an opportunity to also buy tickets, if wanted.

Hmmm... With the membership thing, should they not allocate these based on who had it first  - so members for 5 years are automatically offered one before first years? That would essentially make it a waiting list then rather than a free for all for the 250 tickets that are going? Not being able to swap your ticket is woeful too. For example if you have a 14 year old with a ticket and a 6 year old without one and in two years the 14 year old is playing saturday football you cant change the ticket over. So you would essentially have to keep paying for a ticket when you could actually have one for free.

But with only 23k season tickets being sold it pretty much is a closed shop anyway.

I'm lucky in that I had the money and the option to buy mu kids season tickets a few years back. Before the cap so to speak.

But now I want to take both kids I don't have the option of getting one for the wife. Not suggesting I'm any more deserving than anyone else. But I do sympathise with people who now want to take family as they get older but can't.

Also this problem is in theroy only gonna get worse.

Because what the club plan to do with family stand ticket holders as the kids in the party get past 18. I don't think the club know yet and haven't a solution in place as yet.

What happens if you know a couple of STs won't be renewed by a couple of friends for instance, how would you be able to have them? Would they have to renew and you then pay them the money or would they have to go back to the club and then out to whoever gets them on the waiting list? Just curious.

What happens if you know a couple of STs won't be renewed by a couple of friends for instance, how would you be able to have them? Would they have to renew and you then pay them the money or would they have to go back to the club and then out to whoever gets them on the waiting list? Just curious.

You have to trust them to buy them. You pay and leave them in their names. If they let the club know they aren't renewing they go to those on waiting list.

So make sure you trust them to let you have them.

I know someone who has tried to be upfront at get names changed. Not happening.

You have to trust them to buy them. You pay and leave them in their names. If they let the club know they aren't renewing they go to those on waiting list.

So make sure you trust them to let you have them.

I know someone who has tried to be upfront at get names changed. Not happening.

Thought it'd be like that, cheers. Basically unless I happened to know someone doing that I won't be able to get a ST until we get a stadium expansion then. I just hope that normal match days next season will be easy to get to for a Silver member. Hopefully I can get my boy one as well as I'd love to take him to the games. He's only 5 and after he went out with his mum shopping last week in his new Leicester kit he said "Dad, are we going to the football station (meaning stadium) now" cutest thing I've ever heard :D

Archived