Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Some New Bands

The Rakes// Indie

15tn.jpg

The Rakes have been highly tipped to be the next best thing to come out of London since The Libertines.

The Cribs// Indie

cribs-st2004.jpg

Another new Indie band on the scene, a friend of mine saw them at The Charlotte when they came here and said they were brilliant live.

The Departure// Indie

AllMappedOutV2bsm.jpg

This band from Northampton have been described at the British version of The Killers and The Bravery.

What does everyone think of these, and has anyone got any more to add to the list

I've bought all their albums so far, "Capture/release" by Rakes - Brilliant.."Dirty Words" by Departure - Brilliant...Self titled Cribs album - Good..."New Fellas" by Cribs - Brilliant. Good stuff Tommy, you've read my musical mind!!!!

NINE BLACK ALPS (worryingly good)

WE ARE SCIENTISTS

THE PADDINGTONS

MEW

ARCTIC MONKEYS

Bit of a NME indie fag list, but all good stuff.

The Rakes// Indie

15tn.jpg

The Rakes have been highly tipped to be the next best thing to come out of London since The Libertines.

The Cribs// Indie

cribs-st2004.jpg

Another new Indie band on the scene, a friend of mine saw them at The Charlotte when they came here and said they were brilliant live.

The Departure// Indie

AllMappedOutV2bsm.jpg

This band from Northampton have been described at the British version of The Killers and The Bravery.

What does everyone think of these, and has anyone got any more to add to the list

I got loads of Rakes songs off of there website and I must say they are fooking well good!!! Not sure how many albums they've got but I'm gunna go buy 1!! Can't stop playing them now! Cheers Tommy :cool::):scarf::clap: :thumbsup:

Hey bro!

Saw the rakes last night at club nme night at concorde 2.

I thought they were pretty good. Only heard a few of their tracks before and was quite impressed. The lead singer was a nutter though, dancing about as if he was on pills!

I've bought all their albums so far, "Capture/release" by Rakes - Brilliant.."Dirty Words" by Departure - Brilliant...Self titled Cribs album - Good..."New Fellas" by Cribs - Brilliant. Good stuff Tommy, you've read my musical mind!!!!

NINE BLACK ALPS (worryingly good)

WE ARE SCIENTISTS

THE PADDINGTONS

MEW

ARCTIC MONKEYS

Bit of a NME indie fag list, but all good stuff.

How do you know Mew? Didn't think anyone outside Scandinavia knew them... :huh:

Some More New Bands :

Art Brut:

Art-Brut-Formed-A-Band-284874.jpg

3 Full Art Brut Songs To Stream

There have been a variety of tales of how Art Brut met, the real one is out there somewhere...

They had some rehearsals and then started playing some gigs, which went quite well.

Art Brut are working towards World Peace, so anything that goes wrong is due to a plot against the band.

Black Velvets:

home_logo2.gif

Album Sampler In Bottom Right Of Page

The Black Velvets are 4 lads from Liverpool with a shared love of everything from T-Rex to AC/DC to The Stone Roses to Guns ‘n’ Roses. Their music is unashamedly big in sound and they produce simple yet classic tunes.

:thumbup::cool:

Tell us what ya think.

Archived