Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

Kerry threw it away. Pat Spillane was a disgrace beforehand in the build up and whilst I've a soft spot for the Kingdom, I was glad to see Tyrone win.

Can Mayo overcome the curse? Lol

7 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Kerry threw it away. Pat Spillane was a disgrace beforehand in the build up and whilst I've a soft spot for the Kingdom, I was glad to see Tyrone win.

Can Mayo overcome the curse? Lol

The last one of the 51 team died last year from what my mate was telling me. 

edit - my mate was incorrect - I just googled it and 2 are still alive.

Future congrats to Tyrone on their 4th All Ireland then!

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 3

Massive upset in the Ladies Football Final today.

Meath 1-11 Dublin 0-12.

Dublin denied a 5-in-a-row by Meath who win their 1st ever title. A brilliant game in front of a decent crowd.

Meath only got promoted from the Intermediate grade last year.  Doing a Leicester anyone?lol

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kerry beat Galway in an entertaining football, Kerry's first win since 2014 and Galways first final since 2001.

Limerick made it 3 in a row in last weekend's hurling final. I can only assume this thread is quite as @Blue ROIis still celebrating.

Finally, I found out today Kerry's Clifford brothers play club football for a team called Fossa. I think I found my new favourite GAA club team....

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

2 cracking finals. It's rare that both are as enjoyable as they turned out to be.

The performances of David Clifford and Shane Walsh were just unbelievable.

Kerry just about did enough but that free with 5 to go was extremely harsh. You'd be rightly sick if your from Galway over that.

Galway did play well but lacked a bit up front and also on subs in comparison to Kerry. I was afraid that Mayo not being there would take from it but it was a great contest.

Great win for Limerick last week. A tougher game than what most were expecting but we deserved it on the balance of play. Like Galway yesterday Kilkenny didnt get a great return from their forwards. And what a way to win it being Brian Codys last game for Kilkenny.

3 in a row is phenomenal given we only won 1 All Ireland in the 78 years before.

Great time to be a Leicester and Limerick Fan:punk::beer::trumpet:

There'll be bonfires lit on the West Limerick border this week.lol

• Like 2

Not a huge GAA fan as never played it but agree with comments above. 

The football final was good and lit up by 2 superb performances by David Clifford of Kerry and Shane Walsh of Galway

The hurling final the previous week was fantastic....played in very hot conditions the speed and commitment showed by both teams of amateurs sportspeople was phenomenal. Limerick just that bit physically stronger .....

great double for Munster teams 

• Like 1