Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Gist

im losing faith in levein

There you are then: Three FA Cup finals in the 60's, one League Cup victory, our goalkeeper picks up a World Cup winners medal, we top the first division for a spell, play in Europe...and people say we've never been a big club. What's more, during this our best decade ever, we played attacking, entertaining football.

None of those teams are Premiership clubs at the moment as they have not earned the right to be there. Its the Charlton Athletic's, Wigan Athletic's and West Brom's who have and until we have proven ourseleves once more reminising will get us nowhere I am afraid.

Thanks for stating the bleedin' obvious. ;):)

There you are then: Three FA Cup finals in the 60's, one League Cup victory, our goalkeeper picks up a World Cup winners medal, we top the first division for a spell, play in Europe...and people say we've never been a big club. What's more, during this our best decade ever, we played attacking, entertaining football.

Alan Ball was playing for Blackpool :unsure:

LINK

22nd most successful league club in the last 25 years. My guess is we'd lie about 30th on all-time records.

Reassuringly average, I'd say. Our grand total of zero League and FA Cup trophies would not, to the neutral eye, make us a big club.

I'm immensely proud of our two recent League Cup successes, however, and take great delight in shoving them in the faces of my Geordie work colleagues. ;)

It's the same game all the time.

When things don't seem to go the right way for some "fans", then they start calling for the manager's head. Am I mistaken, but are our fans mainly just a bunch of mournfaces and pessimists?

Leicester City FC has never been a "big club", yet some people claim we are. Just because we have played in the Premiership a couple of times, because we once played against Atletico Madrid (remember?) or because we have a big stadium?

Remember that, just a couple of years ago, our beloved club (and I assume everybody on here loves the club as much as I do, if not more) faced administration. Thanks to the efforts of a bunch of idealists (among them our very own Gary Lineker), the club was saved.

If it hadn't been for them and the promotion in 2003, where would you be today? How about saying "Thank you" for that? Micky Adams and his squad helped us a lot back then. We needed that money badly.

The club just recently announced a loss of 3.5m pounds. Can you imagine what that means? How many of you have an idea of what it takes to run a football club of the size of Leicester City FC?

Of course, being able to spell "Craig Levein" allows you to judge him? Do you want to be in his or Davies' shoes and run the club with the limited budget that we have? Sure, you'd do everything better. Hipocrites.

In my opinion, some of our "fashion fans" are blinded by an incureable disease called "instant success". That normally never happens, and if, at a heavy cost. Peter Taylor, anybody?

"Keep The Faith" was MA's slogan under the past circumstances.

I say "Keep The Manager". Levein stays.

You mourners are out. Foul play.

SPOT ON. Nothing more to add.

"fashion fans" go and buy your £49.99 chelsea shell suit.

I have seen improvement and to that idiot who said that de Vries' goals are easy to score, he's the only one that is scoring though. Elvis scored against QPR i know but the last 4 goals were all de Vries. At least he can put the ball in the back of the net. Nobody else can. We have good players and a good manager.

I have seen improvement and to that idiot who said that de Vries' goals are easy to score, he's the only one that is scoring though. Elvis scored against QPR i know but the last 4 goals were all de Vries. At least he can put the ball in the back of the net. Nobody else can. We have good players and a good manager.

The league table doesn't lie. We have been below par.

People can defend or put Levein down all they want honestly but it's a double edged sword scenario at the moment.

Levein could get his three years to mould a young team together and push the team forward on a more stable ground - but so far has he shown signs of that? It's questionable, his current inability to stick to a side which is doing well is worrying. Sheehan has already been mentioned elsewhere as someone who has put a big contribution into the side only to be left out, and that was even following a win. But will that change over time is the issue? Is everyone calling for his head too soon? Levein has said this is just the start of a three-year long plan...where will we be in three years under Levein? All questions there I honestly don't know the answer to. I'm in two minds over the entire issue, we show promise when on the pitch, what I have seen from this season we have played some of the most decent football since the O'Neill era - but we still aren't getting the job done. If we were getting the job done this wouldn't be happening at all, we'd be I imagine around 7th-11th/12th in the Championship and all more than satisfied with Levein.

The potential is there, a few changes and a bit of faith behind Levein and I now believe (through weighing up the odds) that this season is yet to be a write-off. If we get to February and are in a position alike last year then we know Levein isn't the right man for the job and hasn't made a difference, however if we get to February and are sitting mid-table (like Craig said) then he is doing the job and is the right man. Simple.

My thoughts have changed back and forth over the last few days on this, but I think honestly we aren't going to be shooting up into the Premiership this season - so why should be shoot the gaffa if we aren't even in a relegation battle right now? Time is on our side now and we should use it with Levein.

Archived