Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Gist

im losing faith in levein

It's the same game all the time.

When things don't seem to go the right way for some "fans", then they start calling for the manager's head. Am I mistaken, but are our fans mainly just a bunch of mournfaces and pessimists?

Leicester City FC has never been a "big club", yet some people claim we are. Just because we have played in the Premiership a couple of times, because we once played against Atletico Madrid (remember?) or because we have a big stadium?

Remember that, just a couple of years ago, our beloved club (and I assume everybody on here loves the club as much as I do, if not more) faced administration. Thanks to the efforts of a bunch of idealists (among them our very own Gary Lineker), the club was saved.

If it hadn't been for them and the promotion in 2003, where would you be today? How about saying "Thank you" for that? Micky Adams and his squad helped us a lot back then. We needed that money badly.

The club just recently announced a loss of 3.5m pounds. Can you imagine what that means? How many of you have an idea of what it takes to run a football club of the size of Leicester City FC?

Of course, being able to spell "Craig Levein" allows you to judge him? Do you want to be in his or Davies' shoes and run the club with the limited budget that we have? Sure, you'd do everything better. Hipocrites.

In my opinion, some of our "fashion fans" are blinded by an incureable disease called "instant success". That normally never happens, and if, at a heavy cost. Peter Taylor, anybody?

"Keep The Faith" was MA's slogan under the past circumstances.

I say "Keep The Manager". Levein stays.

You mourners are out. Foul play.

It's the same game all the time.

When things don't seem to go the right way for some "fans", then they start calling for the manager's head. Am I mistaken, but are our fans mainly just a bunch of mournfaces and pessimists?

Leicester City FC has never been a "big club", yet some people claim we are. Just because we have played in the Premiership a couple of times, because we once played against Atletico Madrid (remember?) or because we have a big stadium?

Remember that, just a couple of years ago, our beloved club (and I assume everybody on here loves the club as much as I do, if not more) faced administration. Thanks to the efforts of a bunch of idealists (among them our very own Gary Lineker), the club was saved.

If it hadn't been for them and the promotion in 2003, where would you be today? How about saying "Thank you" for that? Micky Adams and his squad helped us a lot back then. We needed that money badly.

The club just recently announced a loss of 3.5m pounds. Can you imagine what that means? How many of you have an idea of what it takes to run a football club of the size of Leicester City FC?

Of course, being able to spell "Craig Levein" allows you to judge him? Do you want to be in his or Davies' shoes and run the club with the limited budget that we have? Sure, you'd do everything better. Hipocrites.

In my opinion, some of our "fashion fans" are blinded by an incureable disease called "instant success". That normally never happens, and if, at a heavy cost. Peter Taylor, anybody?

"Keep The Faith" was MA's slogan under the past circumstances.

I say "Keep The Manager". Levein stays.

You mourners are out. Foul play.

It was a bit more than a couple of times. and we were not battling against relegation during those seasons, infact far from it. also during this time we managed to win a couple of trophies. if you are happy to be a mid-table championship side than thats fine, but i would like to see the premiership days back, because we are a bigger club than a number of teams in the premiership.

Bolton - just look at their attendances, compared to ours in the prem.

Wigan

Blackburn - yes won the league, but bought the title, even we get bigger attendances them now in the championship.

Fulham - struggle for 20,000

Portsmouth - what have they done in their history?

Infact we have a better history than all of these clubs, except maybe Blackburn, which in my opinion helps make you a bigger club.

So a place back in the premiership is not unrealistic.

Again it's all 'holier than thou' stuff. There isn't much of a concrete argument there. I agree that we're best off sticking with Levein, but it's harsh to say that those who are dissenting a little are just 'moaners'. What is being served up to paying spectators is unacceptable, it's not good enough, it'd be refreshing if Levein came out and said something to that affect!

It was a bit more than a couple of times. and we were not battling against relegation during those seasons, infact far from it. also during this time we managed to win a couple of trophies. if you are happy to be a mid-table championship side than thats fine, but i would like to see the premiership days back, because we are a bigger club thana number of teams in the premiership.

Wigan

Blackburn - yes won the league, but bought the title, even we get bigger attendances them now in the championship.

Infact we have a better history than all of these clubs, except maybe Blackburn, which in my opinion helps make you a bigger club.

So a a place back in the premiership is not unrealistic.

In the past ten years, we played 6 seasons in the Prem (1996/97, 1997/98, 1998/99, 1999/2000, 2000/01, 2003/04) and we won the League Cup twice (1996/97 & 1999/2000).

Leicester City in previous Premiership seasons

Out of the previous 13 (?) Premiership seasons overall (since the league was established in 1992), that's 6 times. Almost half of it. But still, we are not a consistent part of the Premiership. The MA season was a miracle, as it helped us a lot maintaining the club's very own existence.

How many of the clubs that you mentionned were (and still are) in financial troubles like Leicester? Wigan is a very cheap excuse, since their stadium is about half as big as ours. You must be kidding. :rolleyes: And if I am not mistaken, it's the same with Fulham, Bolton and Portsmouth. Only Blackburn has a bigger stadium than ours. Oops, they don't. The Ewood Park has about a thousand seats less than the Walkers. Attendance comparisons are a bit out of the discussion here.

What's that with "history"? Before Martin O'Neill took over, we were pretty much a "rollercoaster club" for over a hundred years. Going up one season, going down the following season. Do you have an LCFC yearbook? Take a look at it. ;)

You only wish the Premiership days back because you want to see Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU play at the Walkers. Not Leicester.

In the past ten years, we played 6 seasons in the Prem (1996/97, 1997/98, 1998/99, 1999/2000, 2000/01, 2003/04) and we won the League Cup twice (1996/97 & 1999/2000).

Leicester City in previous Premiership seasons

Out of the previous 13 (?) Premiership seasons, that's 6 times. Almost half of it. But still, we are not a consistent part of the Premiership. The MA season was a miracle, as it helped us a lot maintaining the club's very own existence.

How many of the clubs that you mentionned were (and still are) in financial troubles like Leicester? Wigan is a very cheap excuse, since their stadium is about half as big as ours. You must be kidding. :rolleyes: And if I am not mistaken, it's the same with Fulham, Bolton and Portsmouth. Only Blackburn has a bigger stadium than ours. Attendance comparisons are a bit out of the discussion here.

What's that with "history"? Before Martin O'Neill took over, we were pretty much a "rollercoaster club" for over a hundred years. Going up one season, going down the following season. Do you have an LCFC yearbook? Take a look at it. ;)

You only wish the Premiership days back because you want to see Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU play at the Walkers. Not Leicester.

Yes we have a bigger stadium, bu they do not fill theirs. Still a better histroy than those clubs. and i want to see leicester in the prem because that is the place to be.

top flight - 1957 - 1969 12 years

1971 - 1978 7 years

1983 - 1987 4 years

1996 - 2001 5 years

They are lenghty spells in the top division. Also the fact we have never been out of the top 2 divisions, all those clubs have. and yes i do have a history book.

Yes we have a bigger stadium, bu they do not fill theirs. Still a better histroy than those clubs. and i want to see leicester in the prem because that is the place to be.

Erm, what sort of a point is that? We are also lacking about 10'000 fans a game at home. Only a few clubs manage to have a sold-out crowd on a regular basis.

And we have a better history than those clubs? Maybe the case with Fulham, Wigan, Portsmouth. Blackburn has been League champions more than once. Wonder where you get those comparisons from.

"The Prem is the place to be"? So you don't support now in the Championship? Do you stay at home when we play? Is that how you help your club?

Just because we "just" play Sheffield Wednesday (that's history!), Burnley, Brighton or Crewe on a regular basis doesn't mean it is less important. On the contrary.

1971 - 1978 7 years

1983 - 1987 4 years

1996 - 2001 5 years

They are lenghty spells in the top division. Also the fact we have never been out of the top 2 divisions, all those clubs have. and yes i do have a history book.

you see them years where we arent in the prem? Its called transition periods :sleeping:

1971 - 1978 7 years

1983 - 1987 4 years

1996 - 2001 5 years

So out of the 121 years of the club's existence, that's a total of 28 years. One fourth. The club struggled for more than 60 years (before 1957).

Yeh, doesnt mean i cant say i want uis back in the prem. and i am only argueing the fact he said we are not a big club.

we arent a big club. We are a decent sized club - nearer big than small but we have nothing of note in our History that makes me think we are a big club. Being in the top 2 divisions is a great achievement in its self but wouldnt you rather have a league title/fa cup trophy in favour of that?

we arent a big club. We are a decent sized club - nearer big than small but we have nothing of note in our History that makes me think we are a big club. Being in the top 2 divisions is a great achievement in its self but wouldnt you rather have a league title/fa cup trophy in favour of that?

OK, but what clubs in the prem would u say we r bigger than?

no i wud have a league title, not an fa cup title, cos that would meran we would of played in the european cup

between 46 and 98, we have had 24 in the second tier and 28 in the top division.

.........Leicester City FC has never been a "big club", yet some people claim we are. Just because we have played in the Premiership a couple of times, because we once played against Atletico Madrid (remember?) or because we have a big stadium?

Remember that, just a couple of years ago, our beloved club (and I assume everybody on here loves the club as much as I do, if not more) faced administration. Thanks to the efforts of a bunch of idealists (among them our very own Gary Lineker), the club was saved......

.......Of course, being able to spell "Craig Levein" allows you to judge him? Do you want to be in his or Davies' shoes and run the club with the limited budget that we have? Sure, you'd do everything better. Hipocrites.........

.......I say "Keep The Manager". Levein stays........

:thumbup:

Correct. LCFC haven't ever been a big club. We're a speck on the footballing landscape, along with dozens of other provincial clubs of roughly the same size and support as ourselves.

I say "keep Levein" too, if only because I'm tired of the manager merry-go round. We may as well bed ourselves in for a long, hard slog for the next few seasons.

The O'Neill years created a fantasic but freakish kink in the LCFC timeline. Everything that proceeds it for the next 20-25 years will be judged against his achievements. It's hardly realistic to think we'll get another "O'Neill Years" again so soon, is it?

But I'd say Gary Lineker et al were realists, rather than idealists. ;)

It was a bit more than a couple of times. and we were not battling against relegation during those seasons, infact far from it. also during this time we managed to win a couple of trophies. if you are happy to be a mid-table championship side than thats fine, but i would like to see the premiership days back, because we are a bigger club than a number of teams in the premiership.

Wigan

So a place back in the premiership is not unrealistic.

I don't know how "big" or small a club Leicester is but it has been a hell of a lot bigger and better than it is now, contesting FA CUP and League Cup finals, top or near top of the League, packed ground etc. I'm sick of people who never experienced the times when we spent years in the top division forever mocking the ambitions of those who have and bleating that City are a small club. They will be with that sort of thinking for sure.

Leicester is a major City in the England (one of the top 10 population-wise I believe) and as such can well support a top 10 football team.

The need for prudent management is a blessing, forcing us to bring our own players through and this, logically, will reduce the financial burdens in time to come but, for now we need a rock-steady 4-3-3 formation (with these particular players) which changes only through injury and suspension and which will enable us to find the consistency that will lift us up the League.

And by the end of the next transfer window we need to have moved a few out and a few in to cement the gaps in our new and still developing side (centre forward, defensive leader and winger).

We also need an "ideas" coach. Is that all so hard?

I don't know how "big" or small a club Leicester is but it has been a hell of a lot bigger and better than it is now, contesting FA CUP and League Cup finals, top or near top of the League, packed ground etc. I'm sick of people who never experienced the times when we spent years in the top division forever mocking the ambitions of those who have and bleating that City are a small club. They will be with that sort of thinking for sure.

Leicester is a major City in the England (one of the top 10 population-wise I believe) and as such can well support a top 10 football team.

The need for prudent management is a blessing, forcing us to bring our own players through and this, logically, will reduce the financial burdens in time to come but, for now we need a rock-steady 4-3-3 formation (with these particular players) which changes only through injury and suspension and which will enable us to find the consistency that will lift us up the League.

And by the end of the next transfer window we need to have moved a few out and a few in to cement the gaps in our new and still developing side (centre forward, defensive leader and winger).

We also need an "ideas" coach. Is that all so hard?

Totally agree with you. yes we are the 10th biggest city in England. bigger than newcastle, who 1 of the biggest clubsin the country. and between 1946 + 1998 we have had 24 in the second tier, and 28 in the top division.

Archived